Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #496
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
You do realize that the cost of a crop-645 Fuji 50R body is the same as a K-1 with two f/2.8 zooms right? And that's not even getting to the 1K+ that any lens costs. They haven't brought medium format anywhere it already wasn't, Hassy stuff isn't that different

---------- Post added 09-10-20 at 12:55 PM ----------

It's not about being able to use something. It's about how much it makes you want to chuck the thing into a lake out of frustration. It's about how much the camera gets out of the way, you know, in line with Pentax' principles of photography. And, if we talk about results, any entry level DSLR is better than - I'd wager - 90% of the forumites, myself included. Heck, even a smartphone can be used for all those things you listed. The argument sounds disingenuous.

I don't know, if I'm stuck wedged between two rocks while swearing at several gods in three different languages because the K-7 didn't have a flipping flippy screen and there's no other way to get the shot unless I start shooting randomly1, you bet I'm not enjoying photography, and for me it's a hobby. I want to enjoy it, I don't want a Pulitzer. I want to be able to have a good "do everything" camera that is a joy to use, not the very best (or I'd be carrying around a 645 with a Phase One 150MP back plus a Canon C300 plus an E-M1X).

If this were to be a seriously tough compromise to make people would shrug. Not adding a feature that makes several types of photography much easier in favor of what is being seen by many here as meager gains is far more of a headscratcher. Ultimately it's what it is, of course. Hopefully the next camera will take other compromises.

1: This actually happened enough times that "it has to have a movable screen" became a sine-qua-non condition for any future camera .
It is a hobby for you? Well wouldn’t it juts get pretty boring hobby if there were not those barriers you have to overcome and perhaps break a sweat just a tad and speak in several languages? You might just be better off collecting stamps then..

09-10-2020, 01:28 PM - 2 Likes   #497
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Flubber Quote
The tweet that was talked about a while back did say that the camera was more expensive than people would expect, but who knows how believable that is - it could just be someone stirring the rumor mill.
Kimio Tanaka isn't exactly 'someone stirring the rumour mill'.
09-10-2020, 01:28 PM - 5 Likes   #498
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
Because fuji has brought medium format down to ff level.
Nope, Pentax did.
09-10-2020, 01:38 PM - 2 Likes   #499
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
Then leave it, you won't get it. If you don't understand something simple, I doubt you would understand if I wrote something complicated
Boriscletoed.

09-10-2020, 01:51 PM - 4 Likes   #500
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
It is a hobby for you? Well wouldn’t it juts get pretty boring hobby if there were not those barriers you have to overcome and perhaps break a sweat just a tad and speak in several languages? You might just be better off collecting stamps then..
No, I was better off getting a K-1, which gets out of the way like the good tool it is. I break a sweat by hiking or running, not by fighting a machine whose entire raison d'ętre is to let me make the images I want to make.
09-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
No, I was better off getting a K-1, which gets out of the way like the good tool it is. I break a sweat by hiking or running, not by fighting a machine whose entire raison d'ętre is to let me make the images I want to make.
Why can't you just accept the K-new has been designed for a purpose, it doesn't have a filppy screen and get on with your life? If you don't shoot action or birds/wildlife then stick with what you have.
09-10-2020, 04:53 PM - 19 Likes   #502
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And, like almost every other News and Rumours thread, this one has gone to hell.

threadclosed
Closed Thread