Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 597 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2020, 04:26 PM - 4 Likes   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mhsp1948 Quote
I am so glad that Pentax is going to keep producing DSLR cameras, but I don't like the idea of Pentax's new camera being an APS-C. I had a K3-II and I own a KP and I also own a K1 and K1 Mark ii and the APS-C cameras can't and don't touch my K1 or K1 Mark II in IQ. I wish they were making a new flagship full frame camera. Now don't get all bent out of shape because I said I want a Full Frame instead of a crop camera. It is just my preference and I am looking forward to the day Pentax makes a New Full Frame K1 type Camera
I understand that the FF has the best image quality. However there are some of us who prefer an APS-C system. I for one don't like to carry much weight. FF lenses weigh too much compared to APS-C.

07-31-2020, 05:57 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I understand that the FF has the best image quality. However there are some of us who prefer an APS-C system. I for one don't like to carry much weight. FF lenses weigh too much compared to APS-C.
Same fo me, I will never get an FF. But great for people who need it
07-31-2020, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Funny thing - to me K-1 is more comfortable and better balanced than KP. With anything lighter than FA*80-200/2.8 (and DFA70-210/2.8 when I had it) I don’t notice the weight. I actually prefer K-1 to KP, which I use for travel and snapshots. Default lens on K-1 is DFA24-70/2.8 or one of the FA Limiteds.
07-31-2020, 07:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Funny thing - to me K-1 is more comfortable and better balanced than KP. With anything lighter than FA*80-200/2.8 (and DFA70-210/2.8 when I had it) I don’t notice the weight. I actually prefer K-1 to KP, which I use for travel and snapshots. Default lens on K-1 is DFA24-70/2.8 or one of the FA Limiteds.
x2.... but .... whilst I may buy a Knew for my dfa 150-450..... I probally wouldn't unless it offers significant pixle density over the next K1new.... which I'd guess will be mid 40'is MP.... but off course this won't be known at release time.

08-02-2020, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny thing - to me K-1 is more comfortable and better balanced than KP.
x3 - I use both K-3II and K-1II and even though the K-1II is much heavier I find it doesn't tire my hands as much as the K-3II. The K-1II grip is just perfect for my hands. I would have assumed the opposite just because of the weight, but at least for my hands the grip makes a big difference.
08-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder if much more of the frame will covered with AF points rather than clustering them in the center.
08-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Wonder if much more of the frame will covered with AF points rather than clustering them in the center.
Rumoured to be (better covered) but before announcement, this is all conjecture.

08-02-2020, 04:09 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Early images of the mirror box indicated a very wide AF module. It would be a big surprise if the K-new didn't offer better than usual AF frame coverage.
08-03-2020, 05:55 AM - 3 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If one went by camera format usage by members here the thread where you post your K1/K1-II photographs is larger than almost all the other similar threads combined.

If I get the K-New I will probably upgrade from my current DA55-300 to the PLM model too for better autofocus. Battery grip too. Often included in pre-orders so why not? I would prefer a FF camera with the upgraded features, but I doubt it will be out anytime soon. Probably 2022 or later This is merely my guess based upon current rate of new camera model introductions. Being "stuck" with only the K1, K1-II and K3 at the moment is not a bad thing at all.
08-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
If one went by camera format usage by members here the thread where you post your K1/K1-II photographs is larger than almost all the other similar threads combined.

If I get the K-New I will probably upgrade from my current DA55-300 to the PLM model too for better autofocus. Battery grip too. Often included in pre-orders so why not? I would prefer a FF camera with the upgraded features, but I doubt it will be out anytime soon. Probably 2022 or later This is merely my guess based upon current rate of new camera model introductions. Being "stuck" with only the K1, K1-II and K3 at the moment is not a bad thing at all.
Yes, indeed gaweidert! Me being stuck with one K1 and two K1-II's and one KP is not a bad thing as I wait for the day they launch a new Full Frame K1 type camera.
08-03-2020, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

Maybe us K1 folks are just so deep down the rabbit hole of gearing up that we post too darn much?
08-03-2020, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Funny - for me there is no "balance" problem with the KP, even with the smallest available grip. I learned to have my right hand on the body and my left hand on the lens, and even with the 77-420mm {55-300 + 1.4X TC} lens that works fine for me - the left hand just bears a higher proportion of the weight.
08-03-2020, 06:31 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Funny - for me there is no "balance" problem with the KP, even with the smallest available grip. I learned to have my right hand on the body and my left hand on the lens, and even with the 77-420mm {55-300 + 1.4X TC} lens that works fine for me - the left hand just bears a higher proportion of the weight.
The KP is still quite chunky and the PLM + TC is a fair bit lighter than the body itself, so I'm not surprised. Now if you were to put a 1 kg+ lens on it that would probably be a different story...

For reference, I've been using a Sigma 400/5.6 (~850g) on my K-1 lately, and it's comfortable. Handholding 400mm is tough because of just how still one has to be, but the weight itself isn't a problem - the center of gravity is still close to the body (of the operator, I mean )
08-03-2020, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
For reference, I've been using a Sigma 400/5.6 (~850g) on my K-1 lately, and it's comfortable. Handholding 400mm is tough because of just how still one has to be, but the weight itself isn't a problem - the center of gravity is still close to the body (of the operator, I mean )
I'm was honestly surprised how easy my A 400 was to handhold, even with a 'smaller' K-50 body. It's even easier if you add a sling to the tripod point of the lens, so you can pull against and brace it.

(Speaking of which, when are we going to see some of those 400m shots? )
08-03-2020, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
(Speaking of which, when are we going to see some of those 400m shots? )
When I manage to overcome the "I need colour temp 8000 to remove the blue tints at long focus distances" thingy . It's making me work for it!
Closed Thread