Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 597 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2020, 09:43 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
It may not be right for you but you don't speak for me or many others.
Trouble is, he does speak for many others : ie there are many others who would want a flip screen. Not everyone, but many.

09-04-2020, 09:48 AM - 2 Likes   #152
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
The D500 does.

This makes it a no for me.
You're a Pentax shooter, and you won't buy the next Pentax product, 'cause a Nikon camera has a flippy screen...... (? huh?)
You're gunna ditch all your equipment to get a 2016 D500 then?
Are you already a Nikon shooter?

This makes little sense to me.
09-04-2020, 10:03 AM - 5 Likes   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Trouble is, he does speak for many others : ie there are many others who would want a flip screen. Not everyone, but many.
Well, the "many others" who do want a flippy screen probably won't buy the camera. My problem with all of this is all of the pontificating about this like they have inside information as to how the camera will or will not sell. Its gotten very old because it happens over and over again and mostly from the same individuals.
09-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #154
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Exactly - so let's compare the new APS-C flagship to the other APS-C flagships .
There are only three players at DSLR market...
What do you prefer to compare?

D7500 and D500 have tilting LCD...No newer Nikon APS-C of top-class...
Canon EOS 90D has it...

What else? The rest are mirrorless cameras...

09-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #155
Veteran Member

I recently sold my D500 as I had no love for the Nikon system despite wanting (and getting) faster and more accurate focus tracking. I never used the variable touchscreen.

I have a Canon M5 which I bought to use as a small mirrorless camera for travelling ... I never use the tilting touchscreen.

I have a Pentax K-1 which I bought because I wanted to try full frame (sold my K-5IIs and K-3II so I could afford it) ... never use the tilting screen.

Have to say I personally think Ricoh is making a mistake not releasing the new body with a flippy/tilting screen, it doesn't cost much to include I imagine, it adds very little to the bulk of the camera (don't like it then don't use it as I haven't with my current bodies) and it will stop a lot of people buying the camera.

Just my opinion, maybe right or maybe wrong.
09-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #156
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Depends on your definitions. The K-1 does not have a hybrid viewfinder, so such things as enlarging the image for focusing are not available to it.
Which camera has hybrid viewfinder?
09-04-2020, 10:12 AM - 2 Likes   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, the "many others" who do want a flippy screen probably won't buy the camera. My problem with all of this is all of the pontificating about this like they have inside information as to how the camera will or will not sell. Its gotten very old because it happens over and over again and mostly from the same individuals.
The problem is that there is also a lot of pontificating about how unneeded the flippy screen is (with a good deal of what can best be summarized as "smartphones lol") and how any complaint is almost brand heresy.

Honestly it's getting tiring, from both sides. I'm out of anything regarding the K-New.

09-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #158
Pentaxian

Yes, we still have a thread of 'humor' - not really of "satire" - that resulted because someone was unhappy that the K-3 said "Ricoh" on its back; apparently Ricoh found enough people to purchase the K-3 anyhow.

I still remember all the grumbling that resulted when the K-3ii lacked a flash - and they found people to purchase all the K-3ii's they made.

I have never run a fully-charged KP down in a day, and have never missed the shot I wanted because my KP's buffer is full, and I don't use the upper LCD. So, while the viewfinder of the "K-3ii replacement" sounds interesting to me, I don't plan to get one, but certainly not for any of the reasons given by people who have been longing for a "flagship 'APS-C' " for the past year. If anything, my wallet and my affection for my KP are reason enough, even though I've only used its flippy screen maybe once a year.
09-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Which camera has hybrid viewfinder?
That is what the K-1 would need to match every capability of a MILC.
09-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Have to say I personally think Ricoh is making a mistake not releasing the new body with a flippy/tilting screen,
They are being rational and consistent - and yes, it's a shame that buyers aren't always - but maybe that will work in their favour? Who knows?
09-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #161
ogl
Banned

The "Sage of Siberia" has spoken.....so its all over. Did you ever consider that others will buy the K-New because they have been waiting for it? It may not be right for you but you don't speak for me or many others.
How can't you understand that it's not the question of purchase? It's just discussion of features of new camera.
09-04-2020, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #162
Pentaxian

Mistake or not. It is clearly a decidedly done that they did give a fixed screen, which will for sure be a good screen. It being a mistake or not, will be seen. Making a rant about it now, little a bit reminds me of my conversation with my 2,5 yr old child about why she should go to sleep. Or put her jacket on or eat her food. End result is usually what we were talking about we should do at the first place. There is still a lot of things on the way called ‘rant’ also a lot of other things propably most parents are going through..point is. Stop that. It is fixed and that is it. There should be a lot more we should be waiting. Like AF completely renovated, and perhaps this camera has simply been designed for photographers who do use that screen for viewing images and OVF is for capturing that moment.
09-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #163
Pentaxian

How can't you understand that it's not the question of purchase? It's just discussion of features of new camera.
Pentax is moved by purchases - they aren't out to win debates.
09-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Have to say I personally think Ricoh is making a mistake not releasing the new body with a flippy/tilting screen
Sad to say, I think you're right.
09-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #165
Pentaxian

You will see that it's marketing mistake to launch camera with fixed LCD in 2021 year...
You're not responding to the question. You're not part of the potential market, which is fine except you want this camera to fail, while talking as if you are part of the potential market.
Closed Thread