Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Product Story Vol. 1 - the best pentaprism between all APS-C Pentax cameras
Product Story Vol. 2 - avoid nose
Product Story Vol. 3 - the fixed screen
Product Story Vol. 4 - ?
Already too many innovations...
Vol 1: Best prism between all APS-C DSLRs, not just Pentax.
09-08-2020, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #393
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Vol 1: Best prism between all APS-C DSLRs, not just Pentax.
Our goal is to develop a camera that our users will say is the best PENTAX APS-C-format digital SLR camera ever.
Bigger - yes. Brighter - between Pentax. I never seen OVF of D500 and I don't know how bright it is...
09-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #394
Pentaxian

Product Story Vol. 1 - the best pentaprism between all APS-C Pentax cameras
Product Story Vol. 2 - avoid nose
Product Story Vol. 3 - the fixed screen
Product Story Vol. 4 - ?
Already too many innovations...
Never too many innovations!

09-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #395
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our goal is to develop a camera that our users will say is the best PENTAX APS-C-format digital SLR camera ever.
Bigger - yes. Brighter - between Pentax. I never seen OVF of D500 and I don't know how bright it is...
Neither have I, but unless there's a measurement of luminosity for the D500 (which I haven't found), I'm gonna assume the K-New's is better just on the grounds of magnification. It's brighter than previous models so that's gonna be a win. Also, the D500 has so many AF points that the OVF looks beyond cluttered.
09-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #396
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nevermind, I'll let this solve itself.
09-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #397
ogl
Banned

Neither have I, but unless there's a measurement of luminosity for the D500 (which I haven't found), I'm gonna assume the K-New's is better just on the grounds of magnification. It's brighter than previous models so that's gonna be a win. Also, the D500 has so many AF points that the OVF looks beyond cluttered.
Yes, 33 AF points are better than 153. But 1 AF is much better.

09-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #398
Pentaxian

How well a number of AF points functions depends on how well the processor uses them. Sometimes I use 1 point, but sometimes I use 9 points, on my KP, depending on what I plan to shoot at; sometimes I am interested in focusing quickly, but sometimes I know that something off-center should influence AF.
09-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #399
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's not the point.
09-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #400
ogl
Banned

That's not the point.
Better to see all space of OVF
09-08-2020, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #401
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
That is why several American companies are moving manufacturing back home. It was an idiotic move to place all their eggs in one basket.
My industry is somewhat dependant on goods manufactured in Mexico and Texas. There are products that have been unavailable for months that I don't have a hope of seeing before mid November.
It doesn't matter where the basket is located, its just as idiotic to have it locally as overseas.
At the moment its probably more idiotic to have the basket in North America than just about anywhere else.
What is smart is to have diversified factories spread around several continents that can pick up the slack if a factory somewhere else goes down. Shareholder Value won't permit that.
09-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
My industry is somewhat dependant on goods manufactured in Mexico and Texas. There are products that have been unavailable for months that I don't have a hope of seeing before mid November.
It doesn't matter where the basket is located, its just as idiotic to have it locally as overseas.
At the moment its probably more idiotic to have the basket in North America than just about anywhere else.
What is smart is to have diversified factories spread around several continents that can pick up the slack if a factory somewhere else goes down. Shareholder Value won't permit that.
When I worked at a Division of GM, GM manufactured some parts at a factory located just across the border in Mexico. We thought they did that simply because Mexican labor is so much cheaper than US labor. If our belief was correct, cost - by itself - would be a perfectly good reason ..... the same reasoning that moves some production from Japan to China.
09-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #403
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Shareholder Value won't permit that.
As one of my Economics professor told me once on one assignment (wherein I had proposed to use the massive profits of the case study to modernize aging equipment and consolidate as sector leader) "that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do, but the guy swinging at the golf course is gonna break the 3-Iron on your back if he can't buy his fifth Cayenne".
09-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #404

Product Stories of New APS-C

starts out with...Once upon a time...so do fairy tales...

to be perfectly clear...just funnin'
09-08-2020, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #405
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When I worked at a Division of GM, GM manufactured some parts at a factory located just across the border in Mexico. We thought they did that simply because Mexican labor is so much cheaper than US labor. If our belief was correct, cost - by itself - would be a perfectly good reason ..... the same reasoning that moves some production from Japan to China.
Works fine until something like a global pandemic comes along and closes your factory for 6 months. I wonder what the company that sells me breakers 2nd and 3rd quarter profits are gonna look like since they have effectively been out of business since sometime in May and apparently won't be producing anything until late October at the earliest.
Corporations and their race to the bottom have a lot to answer for.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-08-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Closed Thread