Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 267 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2020, 08:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
(...there is no sounding the depth of Pentax fan desires...)
The 802.11ac standard is about eight years old.

I don't think it is a sign of impatience if one expects standards that old to be implemented. The WiFi transfer speeds are woefully slow and essentially turn the associated apps into glorified remote controllers. I really appreciate the functionality that already exists, but wouldn't it be nice if one could transfer image files more quickly?

Perhaps the ultimate cause for the slow transfer speeds have been other hardware components, in which case the K-new could be faster than existing models.

Last edited by Class A; 07-31-2020 at 08:19 AM.
07-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
could we use this date as release date? and why?
That date seems to be when they don't need to protect the specific details in the patent since the camera will be out in the wild before that date. (Or is expected to be out and for sale by that date.)
07-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #18
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is the K-3II battery.

Steve
? I don't catch
07-31-2020, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote

I don't think it is a sign of impatience if one expects standards that old to be implemented. The WiFi transfer speeds are woefully slow and essentially turn the associated apps into glorified remote controllers. I really appreciate the functionality that already exists, but wouldn't it be nice if one could transfer image files more quickly?
True...I was commenting in regards to the FF-new speculation...

Steve

07-31-2020, 08:37 AM - 2 Likes   #20
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Perhaps the ultimate cause for the slow transfer speeds have been other hardware components, in which case the K-new could be faster than existing models.
Both the GR II and GR III had b/g/n wireless, but the GR III transfers images about 5 times quicker according to Ricoh. At some point they had a comparison video but I don't recall where it was. In my experience, the GR III will transfer a 24mp JPEG to an iPhone 7 in about a second. I think that's pretty respectable. Anyway, it's got to be a lot better than the weird Flucard solution that the K-3 had to rely on.
07-31-2020, 08:58 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Ooops. A mistake to call it the same as the KP grip.

(...)
D-BG = Digital Battery Grip.

Then D-BG1 (*ist D), D-BG2 (K10D/K20D), D-BG3 (K200D), D-BG4 (K7/K-5), D-BG5 (K-3), D-BG6 (K-1), D-BG7 (KP), D-BG8 (KNEW).
07-31-2020, 09:02 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I believe that is the date that the FCC needs to keep documentation related to the camera confidental. Not necessarily the release date of the camera. The FCC application for the GRIII listed a confidentiality release date of 4/30/2019, while the camera itself was released/shipped on March 18th. So a 24 January 2021 date for K-new could still mean a release prior to Christmas.
could we use this date as release date? and why?
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
That date seems to be when they don't need to protect the specific details in the patent since the camera will be out in the wild before that date. (Or is expected to be out and for sale by that date.)
(Short-term) confidentiality release date = certification date + 180 days. That's the FCC rule for the items which are temporarily confidential (e.g. pictures and user manual).

27 July 2020 ==> 24 January 2021.

07-31-2020, 09:16 AM   #23
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thank you for posting!
07-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #24

I asked in a similar thread on the timing of the actual release following such filings. As I recall if varied from several weeks to several months. But the good news is the camera is either in the production phase or very close to it.

Last edited by Not a Number; 07-31-2020 at 09:39 AM. Reason: missing "or"
07-31-2020, 09:24 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

The WiFi transfer speeds are woefully slow and essentially turn the associated apps into glorified remote controllers.
But K-New is the first with bluetooth.. right? Bluetooth transfer speeds are much faster (albeit with lesser bandwidth than wifi, I think).
Maybe they are going to release their own snapbridge or whatever Nikon/Canon are doing.
07-31-2020, 09:25 AM   #26
Pentaxian

? I don't catch
DLi90 is the highest powered Pentax Battery.
Found since K-5 in all the APS-C (incl. K01 but excl. K-P), FF and MF flagships.
So not a surprise for K-2 in this respect.
07-31-2020, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #27
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
K-2
I gotta feeling it might be K-C...
Or maybe the Pentax-C
Centennial.. roman numeral for 100...
They released the LX for the 60 year anniversary to compete against the Nikon/Canon pro market...
07-31-2020, 09:34 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I asked in a similar thread on the timing of the actual release following such filings. As I recall if varied from several weeks to several months. But the good news is the camera is either in the production phase very close to it.
Receipt Date : May 25, 2020
Country of Mass-production : Philippines
Condition : Production model / Production prototype / Engineering prototype (Not for Sale: This sample is equivalent to mass-produced items.)

Source: R03010 DIGITAL CAMERA Test Report 03 FCC _DTS RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, .
07-31-2020, 09:35 AM - 8 Likes   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I gotta feeling it might be K-C...
Or maybe the Pentax-C
Centennial.. roman numeral for 100...
They released the LX for the 60 year anniversary to compete against the Nikon/Canon pro market...
And the Sunshine Band...

But how is that going to work with SR?

07-31-2020, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #30
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But how is that going to work with SR?
haha would be a great marketing tool for the new 7-axis SR III that will be announced....
Closed Thread