Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I currently shoot a k-3, and I also have owned several mirrorless cameras with tilting or articulating screens. I really wish I had that feature on the k-3. If the k new lacks a tilting screen (which is what I'm seeing) I'll be disappointed, but I won't rule out buying one. It does make me wonder if the kP should be a serious contender for my next apsc body...

08-23-2020, 03:19 PM   #137

What do you guys think...

will the k new have a big ovf and flippy screen???
08-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpobuttons Quote
will the k new have a big ovf and flippy screen???
I would like to know why it has a dedicated SR button? What would be the use of that?
08-23-2020, 04:22 PM - 8 Likes   #139
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if the Ricoh design team reads this thread over their lunch breaks just for laughs.

08-23-2020, 04:46 PM - 6 Likes   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I wonder if the Ricoh design team reads this thread over their lunch breaks just for laughs.
Then they get together for drinks after work to have a good giggle.

One guy's got the prototype, trying to jab a thumbnail into the gap to see if it's really true that there's a flippy screen.

Another designer's got an A3 sheet, jotting down all the possible camera names in four columns. They'll vote at around 10:00 PM after all the Asahi and sake's gone.

Then, they're trying to decide on the launch price. Too low, they won't recoup the R&D; too high, and those darned cheap Pentaxians won't buy it. Hmm, might require a special committee.

(No offence intended toward the terrific design team at Ricoh Imaging. You folks rock! Oh, and thank you for your recent videos, narratives, and special content. Love it.)

- Craig
08-23-2020, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #141
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably sitting in wonder that they may be Panasonic employees if this web site is correct (thenewcamera.com)
“Take a look at the first image of Panasonic’s upcoming APS-C DSLR camera / Pentax K-3 II successor. The image by published by Pentax itself, in the rear part of the image we can clearly see two improvements over the old Panasonic K-3 II camera”
08-23-2020, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They probably do "spit takes" with each new page!

08-23-2020, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
They probably do "spit takes" with each new page!
Hopefully, they have a WR lens mounted on the K-New.
08-23-2020, 08:04 PM - 1 Like   #144
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Flippy Screen, Round 3!
08-23-2020, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #145
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This flippy screen ' thing ' is still raging .........

The K new is full of new tech from the snippets we have had.
Have a look at the GR and how it talks/ syncs with mobile phones.
Ricoh has the tech, no need for a flippy screen.
The street photogs are'nt complaining.

I'm running out of popcorn bye for now
08-23-2020, 09:12 PM - 10 Likes   #146
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Am I alone in being saddened by the ever creeping sarcastic, snide and inevitable downward spiral of these threads? There's really no need to make fun of members because their photography needs are different. Diversity should be welcomed, not made fun of. It's a sure way to drive away members. Thanks.

Last edited by Gray; 08-23-2020 at 09:18 PM.
08-23-2020, 09:20 PM - 2 Likes   #147
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gray Quote
Am I alone in being saddened by the ever creeping sarcastic, snide and inevitable downward spiral of these threads? There's really no need to make fun of members because their photography needs are different. Diversity should be welcomed, not made fun of. It's a sure way to drive away members. Thanks.
That's the inevitable path of a "News and Rumours" section thread. And I agree with you, it's bloody annoying.
08-23-2020, 09:44 PM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I currently shoot a k-3, and I also have owned several mirrorless cameras with tilting or articulating screens. I really wish I had that feature on the k-3. If the k new lacks a tilting screen (which is what I'm seeing) I'll be disappointed, but I won't rule out buying one. It does make me wonder if the kP should be a serious contender for my next apsc body...
I'm thinking similar thoughts. Not so much because of the presence or lack of an articulating screen but the awesome deals on the KP at present.
That KP + 20-40 deal for $1246 at BH is >very< tempting.

I too have a K-3 and have patiently held out for its successor. I do like the KP quite a lot but wasn't keen on the smaller battery or single card slot.
And yet that BH deal is most compelling.......
08-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #149
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I would like to know why it has a dedicated SR button? What would be the use of that?
I'm not seeing one, but I might just be blind.

I remember the K10D having one, though. Mostly I just liked fidgeting with it - it was an On/Off switch like the usual AF/MF one, but otherwise it stayed on all the time.

EDIT: Ah, I found some pictures where the lock button says SR instead. I think those are older mockups/prototypes but I'm not sure. It's hard to make out but the one in the article is definitely a lock button, at least.

Last edited by Sykil; 08-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.
08-23-2020, 10:26 PM   #150
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I would like to know why it has a dedicated SR button?
It delivers a SHOT of RYE. Just in case you need to steady your hand.