Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 605 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2020, 03:19 AM - 4 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
It looks nothing like it to my eye. I guess we will see in a few months. (I am not looking for an argument. I never deny evidence I can see with my eyes and I don't care who disagrees.)
I'm not looking for an argument either. From my point of view, people "seeing" articulated screens on this camera are challenging known facts; they're seeing the proof but chose to "see" otherwise - which is quite unproductive and honestly annoying at this point.

It looks exactly like the GR III's; as MMVIII said, turned 180 degrees.

08-21-2020, 04:13 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't agree with either statement. In the images that compare the K-new with the K-3ii , the K-3ii the LCD has a smooth finish integrating it with the body. On the K-new there appears to be an air gap at the right edge. On the last image there would appear to be an air gap all round (or at least on the two sides visible). That does not mean there won't be a flush finish on the final version, but the same indicators have been there for months and I think this is the final version. I would say the LCD is movable. My guess is that you press on the bottom right of the LCD to release it.
Just making sure I was not the only one seeing that. I agree. No way at all Pentax would overlook such a critical detail.
08-21-2020, 04:26 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm not looking for an argument either. From my point of view, people "seeing" articulated screens on this camera are challenging known facts; they're seeing the proof but chose to "see" otherwise - which is quite unproductive and honestly annoying at this point.

It looks exactly like the GR III's; as MMVIII said, turned 180 degrees.
I'm actively looking for an argument, but I don't see much basis for one here :-)

They seem to continue the k3 ethos of fixed and rugged. I do understand people who think that is a bit underwhelming, so I do expect them to have something like wifi tethering to smartphone. We'll see!
08-21-2020, 04:40 AM - 5 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The screen is absolutely, unequivocally fixed. I'm sure they have their reasons for it (although I will most likely disagree with them), but it's what it is.
I do think that it's incredible how anyone could see some plastic reflection as a magic mechanism that will make the screen pop out somehow...

08-21-2020, 04:47 AM - 6 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Let me get some popcorn and beer... BBQ someone?
08-21-2020, 05:53 AM - 4 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The screen is absolutely, unequivocally fixed. I'm sure they have their reasons for it (although I will most likely disagree with them), but it's what it is.
I do think that it's incredible how anyone could see some plastic reflection as a magic mechanism that will make the screen pop out somehow...
The dress - Wikipedia
08-21-2020, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting that he uses the phrase "under development' a couple of times. If the camera is to be released this year I would have thought that the design would have been pretty much finalised by now.

And that button on the top left is still unlabelled. Perhaps they have some left field suprise in store for us?

08-21-2020, 06:17 AM - 15 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I didn't see a movable rear screen in that picture either.
08-21-2020, 06:19 AM - 12 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
The argument would make some sense if we were arguing the colour of the camera (which, by the way, is clearly pink).
08-21-2020, 06:26 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBT Quote
Interesting that he uses the phrase "under development' a couple of times. If the camera is to be released this year I would have thought that the design would have been pretty much finalised by now.

And that button on the top left is still unlabelled. Perhaps they have some left field suprise in store for us?
The design is finalized, the camera isn't.

That button on top left is a Lock button - supposedly with the same functionality as the K-1's.
08-21-2020, 06:57 AM - 3 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too want this new camera to have a moveable screen and have looked at release images trying to find evidence.

But at this point in the teaser cycle, if the camera *did* have a moving screen with some kickass new flush mount, don't you think they'd be showing it off by now and not hiding it?
For new releases bragging about introducing features, like the first flip-out screen of the K-S2 and the lunar lander screen of the K-1, they were front & center with it.
Lack of evidence <2 months out from the full debut date is plenty of evidence to rule it out.

I think this one is going to be a fixed screen, guys. I'll trust Pentax on this one, but they have to know that the K-1, KP, and K-70 screens are well loved too.
08-21-2020, 07:51 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

It looks nothing like it to my eye. I guess we will see in a few months. (I am not looking for an argument. I never deny evidence I can see with my eyes and I don't care who disagrees.)
People like us get a rough ride around here. My suspicion is that the form factor of the back screen has been redesigned in a way Pentax hasn't previously done, and I've looked at this comparison over and over. The back screen design is dissimilar to either previous fixed screens and previous tilting back screens. So it's something new.
If there is a tilting back screen there is going to be a "tilting back screen deniers eat crow here" thread.
08-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
People like us get a rough ride around here. My suspicion is that the form factor of the back screen has been redesigned in a way Pentax hasn't previously done, and I've looked at this comparison over and over. The back screen design is dissimilar to either previous fixed screens and previous tilting back screens. So it's something new.
If there is a tilting back screen there is going to be a "tilting back screen deniers eat crow here" thread.
It looks the exact same as the K-3 with a different shade because of the contouring, though...
08-21-2020, 08:15 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Coatings, most probably...
QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
Because this is is what the coating looks like under an angle.
My K-3 is the same way...

Steve
08-21-2020, 08:44 AM - 4 Likes   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
It looks the exact same as the K-3 with a different shade because of the contouring, though...
I have a K-3 in front of me, don't even try that nonsense. There are two choices, it's the same or it's not. What is it?

It's not, that is 100% absolute fact.
Now let's get onto the real question, why is it not?

Personally, lighting and shadows are the last place I'd go. It's a demonstrably improbable solution.

It's not the same as my K-3. It's not the same as my K-1, no one knows why. But we do have endless pretenders acting like they do.

Last edited by normhead; 08-21-2020 at 09:17 AM.