Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 605 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2020, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

I have a K-3 in front of me, don't even try that nonsense. There are two choices, it's the same or it's not. What is it?

It's not, that is 100% absolute fact.
Now let's get onto the real question, why is it not?

Personally, lighting and shadows are the last place I'd go.

It's not the same as my K-3. It's not the same as my K-1, no one knows why. But we do have endless pretenders acting like they do.
The K-3 isn't the same as the K-7 and neither camera has a flippy screen. Go to a yes man with your false dichotomies.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 08-21-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: edited to reflect new version of quoted text
08-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The argument would make some sense if we were arguing the colour of the camera (which, by the way, is clearly pink).
No, no, no... It's clearly and unequivocally a deep blue.
08-21-2020, 09:05 AM - 3 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

Folks, why don't we wait for the production camera to reach the market? I do hope that would be enough to quench speculations...
08-21-2020, 09:13 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

The K-3 isn't the same as the K-7 and neither camera has a flippy screen. Go to a yes man with your false dichotomies.
Exactly my point. The differences in the back screen photos are not readily interpretable based on past experience. I'm not looking for a yes man. I'm looking for a sane man.

The dichotomy isn't false. Your interpretation is. Based on the fact that I'm not saying it is a tilt screen or it isn't. I'm saying we can't tell based on what we've seen. You're the one looking for a Yes man to accept your theory based on your interpretation of the evidence that can go either way, not fact. It's always interesting how often people accuse you of doing what they are doing. I'm not your yes man, I'm not looking for yes man. I'm looking for reasonable opinions that don't jump to conclusions, and people who realize when they don't have enough evidence to make a definitive opinion.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 08-21-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Redundancies removed
08-21-2020, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The camera shown so far has no flip screen......
08-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #36
Pentaxian

I'm a little embarrassed about all the marketing about the 3mm of nose relief and the auto off eye sensor for the rear screen that was present on my entry level Sony a330 DSLR I bought in 2009. Hardly new tech and though it was convenient on my Sony after switching to Pentax in 2013 I simply learned to leave the rear screen off and haven't missed it. And those 3mm really aren't going to make a difference lol
08-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
The camera shown so far has no flip screen......
The camera shown so far has a recess around the back screen which has not been authoritatively explained leaving any interpretation open to doubt.

08-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #38
Veteran Member

If there is a tilting back screen there is going to be a "tilting back screen deniers eat crow here" thread.
Maybe it's detachable via an electromagnet.
08-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I'm afraid this is just not the case. Unless there will be a major change in construction, this is not a movable option.
The pictures show a close to final version, but there seems to be another variant, that has been shown in the videos. It has another texture on the joystick and the 'empty' button is labelled...
As Alex said, this screen seems ti be the same as in the GR III, just turned 180 degrees. There is no indication of any possibility to move it.
do you really think a sane person would fall for that?

It's new tech and a new configuration. There is no indication it doesn't move, there is no indication it moves. Assumptions about what it looks like? Really? After someone just told me it's the same as my K-3, which is a clear example of people seeing what they want to see, who would fall for that?
08-21-2020, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

do you really think a sane person would fall for that?

It's new tech and a new configuration. There is no indication it doesn't move, there is no indication it moves. Assumptions about what it looks like? Really? After someone just told me it's the same as my K-3, which is a clear example of people seeing what they want to see, who would fall for that?
Haha, now, you don't "fall" for "this" because you are sane? Nice. This makes the waiting for the revelation of this part of the camera even more exciting.
And, yes, I'm out of here, this is getting esoteric.
08-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Data so far is inconclusive, leaning towards no back screen, but what use is that?
08-21-2020, 10:30 AM - 4 Likes   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The screen is absolutely, unequivocally fixed. I'm sure they have their reasons for it (although I will most likely disagree with them), but it's what it is.
I do think that it's incredible how anyone could see some plastic reflection as a magic mechanism that will make the screen pop out somehow...
People are just holding out hope that one of their must-have features is included, despite all evidence to the contrary.
08-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
I'm a little embarrassed about all the marketing about the 3mm of nose relief and the auto off eye sensor for the rear screen that was present on my entry level Sony a330 DSLR I bought in 2009. Hardly new tech and though it was convenient on my Sony after switching to Pentax in 2013 I simply learned to leave the rear screen off and haven't missed it. And those 3mm really aren't going to make a difference lol
Do you know what's more embarrassing than that? So embarrassing, that in their place I would never walk out again without a paper bag over my head? The most embarrassing thing ever done, for certain!

The photographic lens is something first made in 1800-something, about the time Daguerre invented photography; but the lens was invented and in use much, much earlier than that!
Imagine Pentax releasing a photographic lens, and even proudly talking about it!

Then, just thinking they'd mention features newly introduced in their cameras... aren't we suppose to guess what everything does?
08-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
People are just holding out hope that one of their must-have features is included, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Most people know it's not over until the fat lady sings.
08-21-2020, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The camera shown so far has a recess around the back screen which has not been authoritatively explained leaving any interpretation open to doubt.

That recess has been explained.