Photos: Albums
Another snippet from Pentax HQ

Product Stories of New APS-C Vol.2?Wakashiro? | PENTAX official

Not a lot to see here.

AB

08-21-2020, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the picture is final, the LCD is definitely fixed. The enlargement is undoubtedly. The eye sensor is nice.

But, why is the viewfinder yellow?
08-21-2020, 01:17 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
why is the viewfinder yellow?
Coatings, most probably...
08-21-2020, 01:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

But, why is the viewfinder yellow?
Because this is is what the coating looks like under an angle.

08-21-2020, 01:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ahh, coating. Never noticed. My K-1 has it, indeed. My MZ-S not. I never paid attention to that.Thanks!
08-21-2020, 02:03 AM - 12 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

New episode of the series "Flagship without a name and specification".

Stay tuned for more non-news on Ricoh Imaging TV. Next time, we will discuss the materials used in the eyecup.
08-21-2020, 02:19 AM - 3 Likes   #7
bxf
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
New episode of the series "Flagship without a name and specification".

Stay tuned for more non-news on Ricoh Imaging TV. Next time, we will discuss the materials used in the eyecup.
Haha, despite the implied negativity, I enjoy good sarcasm
08-21-2020, 02:22 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What is the short slit facing downward at the base of the rear screen, and how is it compatible with weather sealing?

08-21-2020, 02:23 AM - 3 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
What is the short slit facing downward at the base of the rear screen, and how is it compatible with weather sealing?
It's the reflection of the eyecup.
08-21-2020, 02:25 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The reflection of the viewfinder in the LCD screen (note how it's exactly the same position and width). The screen is inset slightly, unlike the K-3II where it sticks out beyond the OVF.
08-21-2020, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always found that the O-ME53 gave a useful bit of extra nose relief which I will continue to use on K-New if compatible, looks to be though. Still unknown if the LCD is touch or not though.
08-21-2020, 02:27 AM - 4 Likes   #12
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mutters Quote
Not a lot to see here.
the LCD is definitely fixed.
Can't agree with either statement. In the images that compare the K-new with the K-3ii , the K-3ii the LCD has a smooth finish integrating it with the body. On the K-new there appears to be an air gap at the right edge. On the last image there would appear to be an air gap all round (or at least on the two sides visible). That does not mean there won't be a flush finish on the final version, but the same indicators have been there for months and I think this is the final version. I would say the LCD is movable. My guess is that you press on the bottom right of the LCD to release it.
08-21-2020, 02:43 AM - 6 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Can't agree with either statement. In the images that compare the K-new with the K-3ii , the K-3ii the LCD has a smooth finish integrating it with the body. On the K-new there appears to be an air gap at the right edge. On the last image there would appear to be an air gap all round (or at least on the two sides visible). That does not mean there won't be a flush finish on the final version, but the same indicators have been there for months and I think this is the final version. I would say the LCD is movable. My guess is that you press on the bottom right of the LCD to release it.
It doesn't matter if you "can" agree or not: the screen is fixed. And there is no "gap", the screen is simply glued to the camera. Unsurprisingly, it looks very similar to the GR III's.

P.S. Since they're presenting the camera and not a concept, it's safe to assume this is more or less the final version (or, at least, that no major changes would occur).
08-21-2020, 03:05 AM   #14
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
it looks very similar to the GR III's.
It looks nothing like it to my eye. I guess we will see in a few months. (I am not looking for an argument. I never deny evidence I can see with my eyes and I don't care who disagrees.)
08-21-2020, 03:10 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
I'm afraid this is just not the case. Unless there will be a major change in construction, this is not a movable option.
The pictures show a close to final version, but there seems to be another variant, that has been shown in the videos. It has another texture on the joystick and the 'empty' button is labelled...
As Alex said, this screen seems ti be the same as in the GR III, just turned 180 degrees. There is no indication of any possibility to move it.