Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by mirceattl Quote
A good upgrade overall, less cables and used space is always a plus.
and more flexibilty = always a plus.

12-15-2020, 04:43 AM   #107
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The new charger PENTAX K-BC177J is now available in Japan. It is advertised as charging a D-LI90P in 2 and a half hours, but initial reports say it's a bit faster than that in reality.
12-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The new charger PENTAX K-BC177J is now available in Japan. It is advertised as charging a D-LI90P in 2 and a half hours, but initial reports say it's a bit faster than that in reality.
105€ / $130:
K-BC177J | RICOH IMAGING
Amazon.co.jp: PENTAX K-BC177J Battery Charger Adapter Kit, Rapid Charging, Approx. 2.5 Hours (Compatible Batteries) D-LI90, D-LI90P 37872
12-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will be nice to be able to charge the battery in the car. I'd love to have such charger for my next camera.

12-15-2020, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
It will be nice to be able to charge the battery in the car. I'd love to have such charger for my next camera.
There are numerous batteries and chargers available on Amazon, just not Pentax brand. I received a Pentax charger (single battery capacity) plus an additional non-Pentax battery with my K70. I since have also received a two battery charger and two batteries (Wasabi brand) which can be charged via a USB cable at home or in the car. It charges both batteries in about 2-3 hours and they seem to last as long as the Pentax battery. Unless you require a Pentax battery and charger, check out Amazon, mine seems to work very well.
12-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
There are numerous batteries and chargers available on Amazon, just not Pentax brand. I received a Pentax charger (single battery capacity) plus an additional non-Pentax battery with my K70. I since have also received a two battery charger and two batteries (Wasabi brand) which can be charged via a USB cable at home or in the car. It charges both batteries in about 2-3 hours and they seem to last as long as the Pentax battery. Unless you require a Pentax battery and charger, check out Amazon, mine seems to work very well.
WOW, I didn' t think of this option at all. Thanks for the hint
12-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #112

Wasabi seem to be good replacement batteries however there have been complaints of shorter overall life (number of recharges) as well as swelling.

12-15-2020, 02:12 PM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Wasabi seem to be good replacement batteries however there have been complaints of shorter overall life (number of recharges) as well as swelling.
I will keep watch on them for swelling. In total I have four batteries and try to rotate them so all get used fairly equally.
12-15-2020, 02:16 PM   #114
Pentaxian

I'd rather have trouble free originals. It's not like I need lots of batteries... one and a spare are more than enough.
12-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #115
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'd rather have trouble free originals. It's not like I need lots of batteries... one and a spare are more than enough.
And at least we can be sure of the standard the original Pentax batteries are built to maintain. I’ve not heard of any swelling issues reported with original Pentax batteries.
12-15-2020, 05:51 PM   #116
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

All of my third-party batteries (Wasabi and DSTE) are playing their swan songs as of late, the Wasabi after a few more years of service than the DSTE. Unfortunately, so is the original Pentax D-LI90 that came with my K-3. Oh! The battery Woes!

The Wasabis were bought about four years ago.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-15-2020 at 06:22 PM.
12-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #117
Pentaxian

I've had pretty good luck with the 2 Wasabi batteries I have. I've had a problem when my camera froze up with a Wasabi in very cold conditions but the battery was getting low then. Other than that, it hasn't failed me.
12-16-2020, 02:43 AM   #118

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
Yup, there are options if open for non-Pentax alternatives.
12-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #119

doesn't 100$ for a charger seem rather expensive?
12-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #120
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Seen just now on B&H Web site:

Pentax K-BC177U Rapid Battery Charger Kit 37874 B&H Photo Video

Pentax D-BC177 Travel Charger 37871 B&H Photo Video

Steve