Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #196
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,229
I don't like silver much. Something more titanium though.
Less shiny (then silver) would appropriate description too (and not plastic of course).

11-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #197
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 7,682
Silver used to be the norm with "non-Pro" bodies back in the MF film body days. Being less common for DSLRs adds to silver body's appeal.
11-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #198
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,066
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Silver used to be the norm with "non-Pro" bodies back in the MF film body days. Being less common for DSLRs adds to silver body's appeal.
Especially with the squared-off prism housing, the newest silver cameras are very reminiscent of those old film cameras.

Last edited by reh321; 11-20-2020 at 06:19 PM. Reason: punctuation
11-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,459
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Silver used to be the norm with "non-Pro" bodies back in the MF film body days. Being less common for DSLRs adds to silver body's appeal.
People refer to it as “silver”, but most of those cameras had a chrome plated matt finish that was very hardy, though not proof against scratching even if it didn’t show as much as painted finishes. If I’m correct, so-called “silver” paint contains aluminium. While I quite like the finishes on my FA* lenses, they are rather vulnerable to light damage, but that probably does encourage greater care in handling them.

11-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #200
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 6,350
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh Imaging will organise a Pentax Fan Appreciation Day this year too, on a reduced scale though because of the Covid-19 outbreak:

PENTAXファン感謝デー開催! | RICOH IMAGING

The event will take place in Osaka (Friday 27 November - Sunday 29 November) and Tokyo (Friday 11 December - Sunday 13 December) at the corresponding Ricoh Imaging Store.

This year, those who bring Ricoh Imaging products will receive an original hot shoe cover with the design of the "E" of PENTAX.

Included in the programme is the so-called 'J limited real event 2020 “West & East”' with TKO attending. This event in event requires to register in advance (application links in the webpage quoted as source). There will be six sessions in Osaka (15 people allowed to the first session, 6 to the following ones) and six in Tokyo (20 people allowed to the first session, 10 to the following ones)
The Pentax Fan Appreciation Day 2020, including the J limited real event 2020 “West & East”, has been postponed due to the resurgence of the epidemic in Japan.

PENTAXファン感謝デー開催! | RICOH IMAGING

11-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #201
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 857
If vaccines aren’t fully rolled out by Feb, I’m beginning to wonder if CP+ will be real, virtual, or canceled. Fortunately camera and lens announcements can be made online, just doesn’t have the same impact as a live, in-person showing.
11-21-2020, 01:45 AM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,777
Seems we're done for another 6 month at least...
11-21-2020, 03:35 AM   #203
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Iloilo City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,194
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
People refer to it as “silver”, but most of those cameras had a chrome plated matt finish that was very hardy, though not proof against scratching even if it didn’t show as much as painted finishes. If I’m correct, so-called “silver” paint contains aluminium. While I quite like the finishes on my FA* lenses, they are rather vulnerable to light damage, but that probably does encourage greater care in handling them.
At least now your giving me information about silver DSLR bodies. I was thinking of having a silver KP when I have the funds. I guess now I'd settle for black. I like the nostalgic effect of silver particularly in a good looking retro cam like the KP.

11-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lancaster
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,136
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
At least now your giving me information about silver DSLR bodies. I was thinking of having a silver KP when I have the funds. I guess now I'd settle for black. I like the nostalgic effect of silver particularly in a good looking retro cam like the KP.
The silver KP is gorgeous, does it matter about the hue of the silver?
12-07-2020, 04:55 AM   #205
Veteran Member
SunnyG.'s Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
The silver KP is gorgeous, does it matter about the hue of the silver?
It would be even better with titanium and brandy coloured leatherette grip! Or a satin Black camera with a maroon coloured leatherette material
12-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lancaster
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,136
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
It would be even better with titanium and brandy coloured leatherette grip! Or a satin Black camera with a maroon coloured leatherette material
Oh my lord, that sounds stunning
12-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #207
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,066
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
At least now your giving me information about silver DSLR bodies. I was thinking of having a silver KP when I have the funds. I guess now I'd settle for black. I like the nostalgic effect of silver particularly in a good looking retro cam like the KP.
When my silver KP arrived, my wife thought I had left my old "Super Program" {which I purchased in 1983} out.
With the smallest grip, they really do have the same 'look and feel' even though the KP is somewhat larger.
12-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #208
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,229
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
It would be even better with titanium and brandy coloured leatherette grip! Or a satin Black camera with a maroon coloured leatherette material
That would be a killer proposition.
12-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #209
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2020
Photos: Albums
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When my silver KP arrived, my wife thought I had left my old "Super Program" {which I purchased in 1983} out.
With the smallest grip, they really do have the same 'look and feel' even though the KP is somewhat larger.
The KP does have a very film-camera look, I expect in the flesh the silver one looks even more like a 90s SLR than the black.
12-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #210
Veteran Member
SunnyG.'s Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
That would be a killer proposition.
That would definately turn a lot of heads! Ricoh might even get the prize for the best looking camera of the year
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, custom, event, fringe, grip, grips, guess, holster, idea, image, k-new, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, post, prism, release, replacement, rubber, sense, ticket
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SRS Microsystems, UK - 100 years of Pentax event - who is going? davidsladek Travel, Events, and Groups 13 11-21-2019 02:16 PM
Nature Going, Going, Going, Gone Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 10 07-25-2018 01:32 PM
Pentax Ricoh online shop USA back online! biz-engineer Pentax News and Rumors 6 08-24-2017 06:13 AM
Event Soon: Rent Sigma24-70 or DA* 16-50 jaywes Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 01-16-2015 03:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top