Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #196
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't like silver much. Something more titanium though.
Less shiny (then silver) would appropriate description too (and not plastic of course).

11-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #197

Silver used to be the norm with "non-Pro" bodies back in the MF film body days. Being less common for DSLRs adds to silver body's appeal.
11-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #198
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Silver used to be the norm with "non-Pro" bodies back in the MF film body days. Being less common for DSLRs adds to silver body's appeal.
Especially with the squared-off prism housing, the newest silver cameras are very reminiscent of those old film cameras.

Last edited by reh321; 11-20-2020 at 06:19 PM. Reason: punctuation
11-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
People refer to it as “silver”, but most of those cameras had a chrome plated matt finish that was very hardy, though not proof against scratching even if it didn’t show as much as painted finishes. If I’m correct, so-called “silver” paint contains aluminium. While I quite like the finishes on my FA* lenses, they are rather vulnerable to light damage, but that probably does encourage greater care in handling them.

11-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #200
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh Imaging will organise a Pentax Fan Appreciation Day this year too, on a reduced scale though because of the Covid-19 outbreak:

PENTAXファン感謝デー開催! | RICOH IMAGING

The event will take place in Osaka (Friday 27 November - Sunday 29 November) and Tokyo (Friday 11 December - Sunday 13 December) at the corresponding Ricoh Imaging Store.

This year, those who bring Ricoh Imaging products will receive an original hot shoe cover with the design of the "E" of PENTAX.

Included in the programme is the so-called 'J limited real event 2020 “West & East”' with TKO attending. This event in event requires to register in advance (application links in the webpage quoted as source). There will be six sessions in Osaka (15 people allowed to the first session, 6 to the following ones) and six in Tokyo (20 people allowed to the first session, 10 to the following ones)
The Pentax Fan Appreciation Day 2020, including the J limited real event 2020 “West & East”, has been postponed due to the resurgence of the epidemic in Japan.

PENTAXファン感謝デー開催! | RICOH IMAGING

11-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #201
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If vaccines aren’t fully rolled out by Feb, I’m beginning to wonder if CP+ will be real, virtual, or canceled. Fortunately camera and lens announcements can be made online, just doesn’t have the same impact as a live, in-person showing.
11-21-2020, 01:45 AM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems we're done for another 6 month at least...
11-21-2020, 03:35 AM   #203
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
People refer to it as “silver”, but most of those cameras had a chrome plated matt finish that was very hardy, though not proof against scratching even if it didn’t show as much as painted finishes. If I’m correct, so-called “silver” paint contains aluminium. While I quite like the finishes on my FA* lenses, they are rather vulnerable to light damage, but that probably does encourage greater care in handling them.
At least now your giving me information about silver DSLR bodies. I was thinking of having a silver KP when I have the funds. I guess now I'd settle for black. I like the nostalgic effect of silver particularly in a good looking retro cam like the KP.

11-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
At least now your giving me information about silver DSLR bodies. I was thinking of having a silver KP when I have the funds. I guess now I'd settle for black. I like the nostalgic effect of silver particularly in a good looking retro cam like the KP.
The silver KP is gorgeous, does it matter about the hue of the silver?
12-07-2020, 04:55 AM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
The silver KP is gorgeous, does it matter about the hue of the silver?
It would be even better with titanium and brandy coloured leatherette grip! Or a satin Black camera with a maroon coloured leatherette material
12-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
It would be even better with titanium and brandy coloured leatherette grip! Or a satin Black camera with a maroon coloured leatherette material
Oh my lord, that sounds stunning
12-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #207
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
When my silver KP arrived, my wife thought I had left my old "Super Program" {which I purchased in 1983} out.
With the smallest grip, they really do have the same 'look and feel' even though the KP is somewhat larger.
12-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #208
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
That would be a killer proposition.
12-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When my silver KP arrived, my wife thought I had left my old "Super Program" {which I purchased in 1983} out.
With the smallest grip, they really do have the same 'look and feel' even though the KP is somewhat larger.
The KP does have a very film-camera look, I expect in the flesh the silver one looks even more like a 90s SLR than the black.
12-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
That would be a killer proposition.
That would definately turn a lot of heads! Ricoh might even get the prize for the best looking camera of the year