Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2021, 03:38 AM   #271
Pentaxian

Original Poster
'"J limited Night" on Saturday, 17 July
Hello, this is TKO. We are pleased to announce that this Saturday we will be holding an online event for J limited.
This time we will have a new section "Custom Spirit" and we are looking forward to seeing you there.
The J limited event is basically a live show, so we will not be archiving it. If you can make it, please come and join us!
'

ペンタックス (PENTAX by RICOH IMAGING) - Publications | Facebook

07-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #272
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The J limited event is basically a live show, so we will not be archiving it. If you can make it, please come and join us![/I]'

ペンタックス (PENTAX by RICOH IMAGING) - Publications | Facebook
but of limited value to those of us who don’t speak Japanese.
Also of limited value to us, since “J Limited” products are offered only in Japan.
07-17-2021, 07:31 AM - 6 Likes   #273
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I watched this and to be honest it was not that interesting, perhaps because I'd seen some similar presentations before. It was presented by TKO and his partner in this Anika. Since I watched it, I'll tell you what they covered.

- They showed the 01 model, (modified K-1 II), basically showing what they had shown before and pointing out some of the custom features. The only new thing new here was showing a light metallic blue model that they did not choose for production. It looked pretty good to me. This mount on this one was not gold or dark grey, but a king od metallic indigo color.
- The next segment was full of nostalgia about the old building where they used to work and some artifacts from it.
- They showed 20 images submitted by users of their customized Pentax cameras. Among the more interesting ones were:
- A person who had modded the guts of a Q7 into the original Q body, including the larger sensor.
- Quite a few people who had made custom grips or prism covers for the KP, inspired by the J-Limited team
- A person who had done of really great job of matching the red paint to make a matching grip for his Scarlet Rouge 01 Limited camera. This looked brilliant
- Just briefly they showed a K-3 III that Anika has done some of the same changes to. It was like a Black/Gold model, with a gold mount and a lower-half wooden grip. In my opinion, although only a quick mod for the event, this already looked better than any of the existing models. I think it is just that the camera has better proportions in the first place.

You might wonder why I don't show images. At the beginning, they asked the audience not to record or share images, so I'm respecting that.
07-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #274
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I watched this and to be honest it was not that interesting, perhaps because I'd seen some similar presentations before. It was presented by TKO and his partner in this Anika. Since I watched it, I'll tell you what they covered.

- They showed the 01 model, (modified K-1 II), basically showing what they had shown before and pointing out some of the custom features. The only new thing new here was showing a light metallic blue model that they did not choose for production. It looked pretty good to me. This mount on this one was not gold or dark grey, but a king od metallic indigo color.
- The next segment was full of nostalgia about the old building where they used to work and some artifacts from it.
- They showed 20 images submitted by users of their customized Pentax cameras. Among the more interesting ones were:
- A person who had modded the guts of a Q7 into the original Q body, including the larger sensor.
- Quite a few people who had made custom grips or prism covers for the KP, inspired by the J-Limited team
- A person who had done of really great job of matching the red paint to make a matching grip for his Scarlet Rouge 01 Limited camera. This looked brilliant
- Just briefly they showed a K-3 III that Anika has done some of the same changes to. It was like a Black/Gold model, with a gold mount and a lower-half wooden grip. In my opinion, although only a quick mod for the event, this already looked better than any of the existing models. I think it is just that the camera has better proportions in the first place.

You might wonder why I don't show images. At the beginning, they asked the audience not to record or share images, so I'm respecting that.
Thanks for that images will come out, they always do lolol

08-19-2021, 06:42 AM   #275
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First used copy is available on eBay:
PENTAX K-1 Mark II J Limited 01 Body LX75 Metallic shutter count 63 shots | eBay
K1 mark II as Spotmatic homage - PentaxForums.com