Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 131 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is not the type of request which should require lawyers to enforce - we should simply honor their request.
Absolutely agreed - I was just musing about the hypothetical of people being... well, less than stellar.

11-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #107

Well I registered. Meeting starting in less than 1:45.
11-06-2020, 05:21 PM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is not the type of request which should require lawyers to enforce - we should simply honor their request.
I think serkevan was being flippant and not actually suggesting the need for enforcement. A report will no doubt come out and that will be fine. It’s not as if it will be an announcement of an imminent release. I can wait for images. Much like the KP-j, whatever they do, I will admire it from afar because I am not in a position (nor do I feel the need) to spend money If I did have the money, I would have a KP-j in a heartbeat, just because it’s a KP
11-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Watching live now. Not quite as unusual as the KP-J, but that's a nice looking K-1 with the half-wood grip and "over the top" prism cover... (like a joke to them!)

11-06-2020, 07:57 PM   #110
JPT
Pentaxian

I thought it was quite interesting. They showed a few things, but they are appealing to people's maturity not to post details until the evening session has finished. They don't want to spoil the surprise for people.
11-06-2020, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #111

Showed off K-1/ii, GR and various other accessories

TKO also had some Pentax memorabilia from the old PENTAX Building: the letters P and X from the sign, a pavement stone from the walkway and a glass brick from the facade.

Nothing on the K-3iii.

I couldn't follow the backgound on J Limited and the conversations between the panelists or any of the comments or questions from the participants.

Last edited by Not a Number; 11-07-2020 at 06:44 AM. Reason: details removed
11-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I thought it was quite interesting. They showed a few things, but they are appealing to people's maturity not to post details until the evening session has finished. They don't want to spoil the surprise for people.
That's fair enough

---------- Post added 11-07-20 at 06:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Showed off K-1/ii - (pretty much the sames as the KP) replacement rubber, diamond surface mount, wooden grip lower half, different "lids" of the prism cover. Double lids. I liked the sculpting on the second lid shown. One set of replacement rubber on the K-1 had sculpting for an thumb rest if you use the classic rest/cradle the camera body in left palm and fingers hold. This set had an AOCo badge on the rubber and the inner/smaller "lid" of prism cover. Not a Japanese speaker so I don't know if these are different options or were prototypes. TKO showed seven different 3D printed sculpts of the lower grip part.

Showed off a leather belt and holster set made by Some's Saddles. Just the thing for your Wild West gunslinger fantasies.

Showed GRIII J Liimited - brass top cover and dial, wood grip. There was a box of four different grips - don't know if the custom comes with the four grips or if those are what you choose from.

TKO also had some Pentax memorabilia from the PENTAX Building: the letters P and X from the sign, a pavement stone from the walkway and a glass brick from the facade.

Nothing on the K-3iii.

I couldn't follow the backgound on J Limited and the conversations between the panelists or any of the comments or questions from the participants.
Excellent info. I would love to see more accessories. Other than a strap there is no way to personalise your camera so the holster sounds interesting as do the different covers. I look forward to the images, once they start dribbling out

11-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #113
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
(...)

Excellent info. I would love to see more accessories. Other than a strap there is no way to personalise your camera so the holster sounds interesting as do the different covers. I look forward to the images, once they start dribbling out
Let's begin with the accessories. They were designed in co-operation with and will be manufactured by Somès Saddle.

11-07-2020, 07:20 AM - 2 Likes   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Let's begin with the accessories. They were designed in co-operation with and will be manufactured by Somès Saddle.
Okay, that's really pushing the cowboy look . Tad excessive, to me, but taste is taste...
11-07-2020, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #115
Pentaxian

Google Translate
11-07-2020, 08:04 AM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
For the English-speaking folks: Google Translate

QuoteQuote:
On October 16th last month, PENTAX Japan officially released the registration notice for hosting the PENTAX J limited online event 2020 "Morning & Night" webcast, and released a seduce picture. Combined with the picture, PENTAIAN began to guess what K33 limited edition, K-1 limited edition, etc., because it is a live webcast, so even though he is far away in China, he quickly signed up.

After 20 days of waiting, the mystery of the new machine was finally revealed today!

The live broadcast officially started at 9 a.m. Beijing time on November 7, 2020, and the newsletter also entered the live broadcast room early to wait. (It is divided into morning and evening, the content is the same, so you have to wait for the end of the evening to share on SNS)
11-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #117
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting bit of leather work. Any idea of pricing and availability outside ofJapan?
11-07-2020, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #118
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Let's continue with the J limited 02 = custom Ricoh GR.

11-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
How modular lol. I really like the lens pods and the SD card wallet, but if i was hanging a tripod and a camera from my belt, I would need to employ someone to hold my trousers up. Even still, its brilliant to see accessories. What I would love to see is a fuji-esque half case, fingers crossed
11-07-2020, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #120
Pentaxian

Original Poster
After these starters, the main course(s): several customisations of the Pentax K-1 / K-1 Mark II.

First example: Pentax K-1, custom grip, replacement rubber. In the third picture, note the sculpting on the right side.