Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 131 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 02:15 AM   #136

One feature that TKO pointed out on the GR III customization are the grip surfaces on both sides of the hot shoe. This area is smooth on the stock GR III.

11-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #137
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Its just outlandish amazing stuff. I really like Pentax having this level of strange subculture attached to the brand in this semi official way.

I would never pay a cent for this kind of thing but like when seeing a very strange animal it just makes me happy it exists.
11-08-2020, 02:59 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Feeling those Gundam vibes so much from these designs. It's probably overpriced to hell for people like me, but damn that is a piece of interesting camera.
11-08-2020, 04:15 AM   #139
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ricoh Imaging will organise a Pentax Fan Appreciation Day this year too, on a reduced scale though because of the Covid-19 outbreak:

PENTAXファン感謝デー開催! | RICOH IMAGING

The event will take place in Osaka (Friday 27 November - Sunday 29 November) and Tokyo (Friday 11 December - Sunday 13 December) at the corresponding Ricoh Imaging Store.

This year, those who bring Ricoh Imaging products will receive an original hot shoe cover with the design of the "E" of PENTAX.

Included in the programme is the so-called 'J limited real event 2020 “West & East”' with TKO attending. This event in event requires to register in advance (application links in the webpage quoted as source). There will be six sessions in Osaka (15 people allowed to the first session, 6 to the following ones) and six in Tokyo (20 people allowed to the first session, 10 to the following ones)

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-10-2020 at 12:57 AM.
11-08-2020, 06:56 AM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love the first images of the K1 but the removable pentaprism cover is a bit on the long side. I sincerely hope they do sell the KP grips. I will be very interested in the strap. By the look of it, despite having a K1
holstered, you wonder if it is designed with a KP & limited lenses in mind.
11-08-2020, 07:11 AM   #141
Pentaxian

The accessories which are easy to adapt to current cameras (KP grips, KP and K1 prism covers, hotshoe covers etc.) should be made available on Ricoh store worldwide IMO.
11-08-2020, 07:41 AM   #142
Pentaxian

Okay.

I have to admit the new limited GR iii sounds very sexy and stirs quite a lot more dopamine in my brains than reports of of the K3 III do. Does that make me a hipster .... ?

And do I have to go to Japan to satisfy my desire?

11-08-2020, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #143
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
The accessories which are easy to adapt to current cameras (KP grips, KP and K1 prism covers, hotshoe covers etc.) should be made available on Ricoh store worldwide IMO.
There has been a lot of items available on the Japanese Pentax web site that haven’t been available world wide. It would be nice if these J Limited items can break that trend.
11-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did they elaborate on what the "photographer mode" on the limited GR III is supposed to be?
11-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Okay.

I have to admit the new limited GR iii sounds very sexy and stirs quite a lot more dopamine in my brains than reports of of the K3 III do. Does that make me a hipster .... ?

And do I have to go to Japan to satisfy my desire?
Yes and yes
11-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #146
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Did they elaborate on what the "photographer mode" on the limited GR III is supposed to be?
There is one included in the Pentax KP J Limited: a landscape-oriented preset mode named 'PH-mode Yoshimura' after Kazutoshi Yoshimura, the photographer who collaborated in developing this preset.

The PH-mode Yoshimura is supposed to be included in the K-1 Mark II J Limited, likely together with a second preset mode developed in collaboration with photographer Takumichi Seo.

As for the J Limited 02, the custom GR III, the photographer mode could be one of these two presets or another one developed in collaboration with a third photographer, may be a street photography oriented preset.
11-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #147
Veteran Member

So let me get this straight. These visual modifications are added on top of the current body, meaning that it's possible to convert existing bodies to the new look and then reverse it at later dates if that's what one wishes?

If yes I'm going to set a google alert for some Japanese auction sites and hopefully pick up the mods for the K-1, they look awesome.
11-09-2020, 09:09 AM   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
So let me get this straight. These visual modifications are added on top of the current body, meaning that it's possible to convert existing bodies to the new look and then reverse it at later dates if that's what one wishes?

If yes I'm going to set a google alert for some Japanese auction sites and hopefully pick up the mods for the K-1, they look awesome.
Yes !
11-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There is one included in the Pentax KP J Limited: a landscape-oriented preset mode named 'PH-mode Yoshimura' after Kazutoshi Yoshimura, the photographer who collaborated in developing this preset.

The PH-mode Yoshimura is supposed to be included in the K-1 Mark II J Limited, likely together with a second preset mode developed in collaboration with photographer Takumichi Seo.

As for the J Limited 02, the custom GR III, the photographer mode could be one of these two presets or another one developed in collaboration with a third photographer, may be a street photography oriented preset.
It will be interesting to see and mimic on my normal GR III, since I doubt we'll get this GR outside of Japan...
11-10-2020, 12:46 AM   #150
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that the custom grip, prism cover lid and custom hot shoe cover can easily be mounted and dismounted. The replacement rubber, Duratect mount flange and GR III's brass top cover and dial would be more difficult to install and remove but that would remain doable.

No in the sense that, for the time being, they have only sold complete camera bodies (KP J Limited cameras in two versions: Black & Gold and Dark Night Navy) and no custom spare parts. They plan to sell some of the custom spare parts, probably the most easy to install and remove (e.g. prism cover lid or hot shoe cover), but haven't done so yet. As reported by @JPT earlier in this thread, 'TKO mentioned this has been difficult because they don’t know how many they should expect to produce.'

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-10-2020 at 01:29 AM.