Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 131 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The j-limiteds offer that protection they would have extra value.

12-19-2021, 04:26 AM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those are cameras to show off, like limited Leica cameras. Could you shoot with those? yes, but you probably wont to not damage it...
I do like the appearence though.
12-29-2021, 05:50 PM - 2 Likes   #303
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Capa Camera Web has some images of this event.

Article in Japanese with some more images: ????????? PENTAX?????????????????????????????? | CAPA CAMERA WEB
03-15-2022, 06:49 AM   #304
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ricoh Imaging will hold the "J limited Event 2022 'West & East in Square'" at Ricoh Imaging Square Tokyo and Ricoh Imaging Square Osaka.

J limited event 2022 “West & East in Square” | RICOH IMAGING

The schedule is Sunday the 20th of March in Osaka and Monday the 21st of March in Tokyo.

There will be two "talk events" at each place, scheduled from 11:00 to 12:00 and from 15:00 to 16:00, with Aniki-san (development) and TKO (planning/design).

Agenda:
  • J limited team talk event
  • "Virtual trips" to places associated with Pentax
  • Latest news (good news and bad news)

03-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #305
JPT
Pentaxian

I have a feeling this will be making an appearance. The "Project Roses" version of the J Limited 01.

It will be available only as a set with the DFA 21mm Limited.

It's going to be for the wealthiest and most eccentric Pentax fan!
04-15-2022, 07:56 AM   #306
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Definitely has some K30 vibes going on
09-10-2022, 05:49 AM   #307
Pentaxian

Original Poster
New J limited online event 2022 named "The Clubhouse" on Sunday the 25th from 19:30 JST (11:30 CEST / 9:30 UTC / 5:30 EDT).

J limited online event 2022 “The Clubhouse” | PENTAX official

This is a Zoom webinar open to anyone with a Ricoh Imaging Photo ID and requiring prior registration.

Agenda:

1. J limited team talk

2. Submissions from users (pictures and comments are to be submitted by Sunday 18 September)

- "Custom spirit": cameras customised by users
- "My Pentax discoveries": Pentax products found in your surroundings, that you see around you in everyday life

10-01-2022, 05:43 PM - 8 Likes   #308
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I just realized this was last weekend.
Did anyone here watch??
Is there anything which is ‘reportable’?
The things that will be released were:

- The Pentax Clubhouse editions of the K-70. These will be produced in very limited quantities. There is a version where the rubber is blue and a version where the rubber is olive green. There is an AOCO logo on the top of the prism. I think it will come with a matching 18-135 and a denim strap as shown in the image above (not from the online event, but the clubhouse opening, via DC Watch).
- Users will be able to bring their existing K-mount cameras in to have a customized lens mount fitted. This lens mount has Pentax logos from different eras etched around it - AOCO, Asahiflex and Pentax (in three different fonts). It seems to be made of the standard metal, not Duratect.
- A J-Limited style wooden grip for the KP will be produced and sold in limited numbers for people who have a standard KP and want to add such a grip. Again they said in limited qualities
- A range of T-shirts and caps designed by the J-limited team featuring older Pentax logos. I especially like the late 80s style red-on-white one and there is also a black one with the AOCO mark and the thin Pentax logo of the 70s-80s

Just to clarify, there were no specifics of how these will be sold, how much they will cost or when they will actually be released. My guess is the K-70 will be just for people who go to the clubhouse, the lens mount upgrade will be for people in Japan who bring/send it in for customization, the KP grip might be crowdfunding again and the T-shirts will probably be on sale in their websites and at the clubhouse.

They also showed some things for fun that will never be made:

- The "K-02". This was an actual working machine and they switched it on and showed the back and front. I have this in quotation mark deliberately. It was just a joke. They had got a K-3 III and cut the prism off, replacing it with flat deck on the top with a hot shoe. It looked ridiculous. They mentioned that it is not strictly speaking mirrorless because the mirror is still in there. They pointed out that people who need a viewfinder can attach the GR one, making it look even sillier. Yes, this was entirely a joke and they were just messing around.
- They showed three unrealized TKO designs as images - no physical prototype. There was the original MX-1, which is actually pretty similar to what we got with a hot shoe on top. They showed an unused design for the WG-7. The actual one was more conservative, but this was a kind of amped-up version of the older models that looked very sci-fi military.
- Most interesting was the TKO design proposal for the K-S1. It was just an artist's impression, but it was very futuristic and cool. The overall design was basically like a DSLR, but it was angular. It had a lot of illumination on it, with all buttons backlit in red. They might have been touch sensitive. There was an all black one, which has stealth fighter vibes and a silver/black version, which had a very unique look on the prism. The prism was black at the rear and the silver part swooped up diagonally from the back to cover the front of the prism. It's like no camera I've ever seen. However, I think the design would have to be toned down to make a usable camera.

Last edited by JPT; 10-01-2022 at 05:50 PM.
10-01-2022, 07:23 PM   #309
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darn, that blue one looks sooo pretty.
10-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #310
Pentaxian

I'd like such an etched AOCO mount
10-02-2022, 04:55 PM   #311
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The new custom mount must be the same one as custom K-70 has. That looked very nice in person when I visited the Clubhouse. Photo below is from DC Watch.

[??] ??????????????PENTAX???????????(15/27) - ???? Watch
10-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #312
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
- Most interesting was the TKO design proposal for the K-S1. It was just an artist's impression, but it was very futuristic and cool. The overall design was basically like a DSLR, but it was angular. It had a lot of illumination on it, with all buttons backlit in red. They might have been touch sensitive. There was an all black one, which has stealth fighter vibes and a silver/black version, which had a very unique look on the prism. The prism was black at the rear and the silver part swooped up diagonally from the back to cover the front of the prism. It's like no camera I've ever seen. However, I think the design would have to be toned down to make a usable camera.
Any additionnal pict please ?
10-05-2022, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #313
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Any additionnal pict please ?
I’m afraid not. At the online J-Limited events they ask not to record or share images, so I want to respect that.
10-06-2022, 11:43 AM   #314
Pentaxian

But we already saw part of them
10-06-2022, 07:25 PM   #315
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fujiya Camera seems to have small quantities of limited items.
They were even giving away Pentax pens to celebrate the opening of the Clubhouse.
They also might sell some of the K+70s there in the near future.
Not sure what the relationship is but it's nice to have some support.