Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'm just wondering how much effort they put into the AF system. Hmmmm.......
The fact that they are not making this the subject of their first or second 'Product Stories' suggests to me that AF wasn't the major focus of the K-new. So far it's all been about viewfinder and ergonomics.

AF might be Story #10, I fear, ahead of Story #18 about video.

09-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Ok. So the camera has great ergonomics & an awesome OVF. It's also going to have very good IQ & it's almost guaranteed that 5-axis IBIS will be included That's a given.

I'm just wondering how much effort they put into the AF system. Hmmmm.......
Hi,

You can check here, we speculated about the AF system. Now we know for sure the purpose of the joystick as we assumed.
09-25-2020, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vitc Quote
The links for volumes 2 and 3 seem to be broken.
Sorry about that. Now fixed.
09-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vitc Quote
The links for volumes 2 and 3 seem to be broken.
Links are working fine!

09-25-2020, 10:48 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Surely you are kidding.....right??
Why would he be kidding?
09-25-2020, 11:50 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The fact that they are not making this the subject of their first or second 'Product Stories' suggests to me that AF wasn't the major focus of the K-new. So far it's all been about viewfinder and ergonomics.

It could be that the product is already in peoples hands when there is story about the video...that said. There is actually not much that they can put to these stories, before they have to go little deeper. So far this is what we have already seen in their introduction videos. Next it should be actually that joystick and touch screen(if it is a touch screen) then it is possibly that mode dial and screen on top. If they want to go around. But then it is time to unleash it. My quess is rahat they will propably give us 6 more of these, which is good insight of cameras, 5 of them after releasing the camera it self.
09-26-2020, 01:30 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Hate to jump on that bandwagon, but I feel the same way. All the stories released so far could be summarized in 1, maybe 2 articles. Making it 4 gives an impression that there might be not much more to talk about besides the VF and ergos.

09-26-2020, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
Making it 4 gives an impression that there might be not much more to talk about besides the VF and ergos.
Or that they like playing games with us?

I think that also, potentially, they are majoring on things that they believe make Pentax stand out from the crowd - good AF is the norm the these days. and while we all hope they catch a long way up, it wouldn't differentiate the camera from the oposition unless it were actually better than Canikony.
09-26-2020, 02:33 AM   #24

Hope they release something amaze us, actually I get a very good and different feelings on DSLR, OVF is magical(except taking photo under strong sunshine...), also I like the shutter voice that video has shown, so keep going on Pentax, by the way, I want a renew Hd 50-135 so much, its my best patenter for landscape while I'm traveling around place
09-26-2020, 02:40 AM - 10 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
Hate to jump on that bandwagon, but I feel the same way. All the stories released so far could be summarized in 1, maybe 2 articles. Making it 4 gives an impression that there might be not much more to talk about besides the VF and ergos.
It believe it is the opposite. The features disclosed so far will drown when the full spec of the camera is released. Now its the time to get them some exposure.
09-26-2020, 02:45 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It believe it is the opposite. The features disclosed so far will drown when the full spec of the camera is released. Now its the time to get them some exposure.
Much better than the other way around.
09-26-2020, 02:57 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

It believe it is the opposite. [...]
+1

I believe they're saving the best parts for the actual release. What we've seen so far are about details that may would've been overlooked by the press when they release the camera.
09-26-2020, 03:18 AM - 2 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

They're also buying time. The K-3 II is long gone from the shelves.
09-26-2020, 03:36 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has to be. It has to have a pretty significant list of features they haven't talked about yet like autofocus and frame rate and other things. If they release a $1500-2000 APS-C camera that's more-or-less a K-3ii with a few tweaks it's dead on arrival.
09-26-2020, 03:54 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
It has to be. It has to have a pretty significant list of features they haven't talked about yet like autofocus and frame rate and other things. If they release a $1500-2000 APS-C camera that's more-or-less a K-3ii with a few tweaks it's dead on arrival.
Nah, at $1500 with all the upgrades from the K-3ii in terms of OVF and, let's assume, incremental IQ/AF updates it will be disappointing but not DOA. The thing is that the 1500-2000 is too broad and the extremes give completely different vibes...
Closed Thread