Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2020, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #91
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
The Chinese subsidiary (Ricoh Imaging Instrument Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.) has named a 'global' spokesperson.
This ^ ^ ^

Steve

09-30-2020, 04:58 PM - 3 Likes   #92
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it a common practice to call somebody a "global"-something for local marketing purpose in China? I googled around and found that the Chinese subsidiary of Shiseido, a large Japanese cosmetics/skin care brand, appointed a Chinese-born American actress Liu Yifen as the "global ambassador" back in March this year.
????????????????????????_?????
She apparently played Mulan character in the Disney movie so she should be more famous outside of China than Li Xian, but my googling didn't find any marketing effort by Shiseido using her outside of China. I still don't know if this is a common practice or not but certainly it's not unheard of.

Anyway, if the Chinese subsidiary of Ricoh Imaging, a business to sell things to Chinese market, think that they can sell more if Li Xian is called the global ambassador rather than just an ambassador, more power to them.

BTW I found this advertisement article written by a marketing agency in China to tell you why it's important for luxury brands to choose Key Opinion Leader (KOL) like Li Xian as the brand ambassador to appeal to young Chinese consumers. (I didn't know what KOL was, now I know and feel as if I didn't have to, so I had to let you know too. )
How Brands in China choose their brand ambassador? - Chinese Tourists Agency

That was published on Jun 20 2020. That might be a coincidence or not, but it certainly shows that the Chinese subsidiary of Ricoh Imaging carefully chose Li Xian, the cool young Key Oinion Leader representing new Chinese values, as their ambassador.
Maybe it's like saying that baseball has the 'World' Series.
Sounds like it.
09-30-2020, 06:38 PM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What word or phrase is actually translated to "global" . One meaning is. -relating to or embracing the whole of something, or of a group of things.
This begs the question, is he a spokes person for all their products?
I am with Humpty on this.
When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’
10-01-2020, 12:26 AM - 6 Likes   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
(...)

That was published on Jun 20 2020. That might be a coincidence or not, but it certainly shows that the Chinese subsidiary of Ricoh Imaging carefully chose Li Xian, the cool young Key Oinion Leader representing new Chinese values, as their ambassador.
(...)
Key Onion Leader. I like that!

10-01-2020, 07:03 AM - 2 Likes   #95
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
cool young Key Oinion Leader
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Key Onion Leader.
I don't know the reference...

10-01-2020, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #96
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Key Oinion Leader.
Oh noes, silly me. Hard to imagine that Li Xian is somehow related to Oinions originated from 1880's Illinois.

Oinion Name Meaning & Oinion Family History at Ancestry.com®
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Key Onion Leader. I like that!
Touché!

I don't know the reference...
Thanks for this, my research about KOL wasn't wasted after all.
10-01-2020, 09:06 PM - 5 Likes   #97
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
What word or phrase is actually translated to "global" . One meaning is. -relating to or embracing the whole of something, or of a group of things.
This begs the question, is he a spokes person for all their products?
Ricoh Imaging China used the word “全球”, which means and only means "all around the globe" (thus "global"). the "-relating to or embracing the whole of something, or of a group of things" is expressed by another phrase in Chinese, “全线”. Ricoh Imaging China said Li Xian is their "全线产品的全球代言人", which means "all their products' global advocate". Hope that makes sense.

QuoteOriginally posted by syyrmb Quote
I believe this is only Ricoh China doing their thing because I haven't seen Pentax Japan/USA tweeted anything about it.
Seems like my prophecy comes true?

10-01-2020, 10:08 PM - 1 Like   #98
Pentaxian

Original Poster
true.
10-07-2020, 01:21 AM   #99
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
Why didn't they pick me!? I'm prepared to work 24/7 (24 hours a week, seven months a year)

Kjell
I would have picked you, Kjell!
10-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
I would have picked you, Kjell!
Well, I would have picked Bill Murray in his "Lost in Translation" character....
10-09-2020, 12:31 AM   #101
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Well, I would have picked Bill Murray in his "Lost in Translation" character....
Such a great movie...
10-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
Such a great movie...
Indeed, it is.
11-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #103

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh should have done this sort of global-rep promo back then for its wondeful GXR, my favourite pocket camera(s) EVER!

I sometimes feel that I'm the only fan left (?) I'm sure I'm not; this was a fantastic system, even by today's standards.

The camera itself is such a pleasure to use, lots of physical controls, in-menu filter creation, sharp sensor, and so on. All modules were great, the A12 28mm and A12 50mm lenses among others, and especially the A12 'M-mount' adapter that opened numerous artistic possibilities using Leica / Zeiss / Voigtlander M-mount gems...
11-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marathonianbull Quote
Ricoh should have done this sort of global-rep promo back then for its wondeful GXR, my favourite pocket camera(s) EVER!

I sometimes feel that I'm the only fan left (?) I'm sure I'm not; this was a fantastic system, even by today's standards.

The camera itself is such a pleasure to use, lots of physical controls, in-menu filter creation, sharp sensor, and so on. All modules were great, the A12 28mm and A12 50mm lenses among others, and especially the A12 'M-mount' adapter that opened numerous artistic possibilities using Leica / Zeiss / Voigtlander M-mount gems...
You aren't the only one - still some fans here. I have never used it but love the concept.
11-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #105
Pentaxian

Sooo, where is our spokesman hiding now ???