Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2020, 10:00 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50 f/2.8 II lens for Pentax K-mount now available

The new Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50 f/2.8 II was presented after the other focal lengths.

is already on sale on B&H for $899.00

Pentax Rumors Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50 f/2.8 II

Characterized by its distinct soap bubble bokeh, and reënvisioned with a close-focusing function, the Trioplan 50mm f/2.8 II from Meyer-Optik Gorlitz is an update to a classic, vintage lens, and designed for Pentax K-mount cameras. Version II of this normal-length, manual-focus prime utilizes a revised triplet optical design to produce a distinguished image quality with strong colors and central sharpness, along with improved contrast and higher resolution rendering. Also, twelve aperture blades further help to produce smooth circular bokeh that is the lens's calling card. Differing from the classic design of the century-old predecessor, this lens does feature modern coated Schott glass optics for notable contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, the lens also features a movable front element, independent of the focusing action, which increases the maximum magnification to 1:4 for working with nearby subjects as close as 9.8" away.

Version II of this lens sees an improved optical design to achieve greater contrast and resolution, along with a redeveloped mechanical design with smoother operation and a more streamlined form factor.

Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, however is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide an 75mm equivalent focal length.

Using a traditional triplet optical design, this three-element, three-group lens produces a uniquely classic image quality coupled with a distinct "soap bubble" bokeh quality.

Coated Schott glass is used for high clarity and contrast, as well as reduced lens flare and ghosting.

The front element of the lens can be moved independent of the focusing action in order to achieve a maximum 1:4 magnification ratio for photographing close-up subjects.

Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 9.8" away.

Twelve diaphragm blades help produce an artistic and distinctly circular bokeh quality.

Front 52mm filter thread is consistent throughout the Meyer-Optik Gorlitz version II lens series.

09-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That lens sounds very interesting. I used Meyer lenses on a Praktica decades ago. Still have my Domiplan. I actually ungreased the stuck shutter blades a couple years ago and it is working again. But ... $900 ? Whew! Thangs ain't whut they used to be!
09-28-2020, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting. This is definitely one we will have to review!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-28-2020, 11:52 PM   #4
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
That lens sounds very interesting. I used Meyer lenses on a Praktica decades ago. Still have my Domiplan. I actually ungreased the stuck shutter blades a couple years ago and it is working again. But ... $900 ? Whew! Thangs ain't whut they used to be!
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the Meyer Gorlitz Domiplan 50mm f/2.8, if it is that model had 3 elements in 3 groups, I don't remember the minimum focusing distance,

obviously this is the Trioplan with 10 blades and macro function 9.8 inches (25 cm), and used on an APS becomes a 75mm, with a very attractive blurred,

of course the price is high, but at the first release everything costs more. We'll see.

Mario

---------- Post added 29-09-20 at 08:54 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hi Adam,

You'll have some extra work for the review, but I think it's better to have it than not.

09-29-2020, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
By all means and compare it with a copy of the Legacy 50mm 1:2.9 Trioplan.
09-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #6

Shouldn't be too different from the one in the Db I posted.
09-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried a MOG Trioplan 100mm on a Fuji XH1. This was the first version B&H sold. Great construction, beautiful bokeh, good contrast but , unfortunately, flat color no matter what film simulation and white balance I tried. Maybe Version 2 of these lenses will be better.
10-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has anyone here ordered one of the new lenses? We are working on building the lens DB entries, and interestingly enough, some of the specs typically available for lenses (like weight) are nowhere to be found.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #9

Has anyone here ordered one of the new lenses? We are working on building the lens DB entries, and interestingly enough, some of the specs typically available for lenses (like weight) are nowhere to be found.
Did you try to contact them? They are usually quick to respond. info@meyer-optik-goerlitz.com or here: support@opc-europe.de

I have the 50mm Trio and the 75mm Primo, but not the latest versions that you may be looking for.
10-15-2020, 04:05 AM   #10
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Adam,

I contacted Meyer Gorlitz Europe and they answered me quickly, here is the full text should help you to write the technical sheets.
for safety I will add a post in the forum with the data you needed.

This is the answer

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your feedback. Below is more information about Trioplan 50 II. If you are interested in our Newsletter you can subscribe here: Newsletter | Meyer Optik Görlitz lenses - Tradition meets innovation

Filter diameter: 52 mm

Minimum object distance: 0.4 m

Viewing angle: 23 °

Blade openings: 12

Distance scale: meters / feet

Lens length: 56-60 mm (depending on the mount)

Lens diameter: 60 mm (C-EF mount = 64.5 mm)

Lens weight: 200-250g (depending on the mount)

Best regards,

Your OPC Optics team

OPC Optical Precision Components Europe GmbH

Mainzer Street 32

55545 Bad Kreuznach

Phone. + 49-671-8876970
Fax. +49-671-88769799

---------------------- End Message -----------------------

Ciao Mario
10-15-2020, 07:47 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
(...)

Lens length: 56-60 mm (depending on the mount)

(...)
This can't be.

The Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50mm f/2.8 II is available in nine lens mounts. Among them the shortest flange focal distance is that of the Fujifilm X mount: 17.7mm. The longest is that of the Nikon F mount: 46.5mm.

46.5 - 17.7 = 28.8mm. The difference in lens length between the shortest and the longest Trioplan should be around 29mm, not 4mm.

4mm doesn't correspond to the difference in flange focal distance among the available SLR mounts either (it's 2.5mm), nor among the available mirrorless mounts (10.1mm including the Leica M mount, 2.3mm excluding it).
10-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #12
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
4mm doesn't correspond to the difference in flange focal distance among the available SLR mounts either (it's 2.5mm), nor among the available mirrorless mounts (10.1mm including the Leica M mount, 2.3mm excluding it).
Hi Mistral75

Mathematically the demonstration is exact, but these data were sent directly from the manufacturer so they made some mistakes (printing) or it could be a model where for some attacks there is a protrusion or a recess,

it happened to me with the Sigma EX DG 70-200 mm, where the rear flange goes to scratch (almost invisible) the front of the Pentax K1, I could have sent it to the Sigma with an additional cost for the replacement.

So sooner or later we will know if it is a transcribed data error or something else.

Mario