Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2020, 05:38 AM - 7 Likes   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn, I see a thread and it's already decayed into silliness before I even get there. I'm falling down on the job here.

10-06-2020, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
I would not be surprised at all, many showed interest in having a film like look or retro look type camera and along came the KP, we want an aps-c flagship and it is on the way.
Many here express the need for video, Pentax do listen to their customers (fans) so it makes sense especially with an articulated screen. Maybe K-90 camera.
They listened to you!

10-06-2020, 05:59 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Darn, I see a thread and it's already decayed into silliness before I even get there. I'm falling down on the job here.
Dang, what's wrong with you??? Kinda like me.......getting too old to pay attention.
10-06-2020, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

There is nothing else to do here until we get some more actual information.

10-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Maybe a miniature version of the new camera between the Kp and K70. Perhaps this version is aimed at those people who don't like the fixed screen.
10-06-2020, 09:14 AM - 3 Likes   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by limestonecowboy Quote
Just had a daft idea, if you had a mirrorless K mount camera (such as the K-01 for example) - is there enough space to design a tray to fit filters where the mirror isn't?
Not so daft, in my view.

An important filter to have would be a neutral density filter. Such an optional filter is present in some cameras and could be added to DSLRs as well.
Beyond coping with situations that require shutter speeds in excess of 1/8000s, such a filter, if placed strategically, would help avoid the use of HSS in flash photography without causing the usual ND filter issues like requiring step up rings, making the viewfinder dark, and/or causing trouble with AF.

Actually, DSLRs would be advantaged regarding camera-internal optional ND filters. These would only affect the sensor but leave the viewfinder and the AF system unaffected. Mirrorless cameras would be impeded regarding the viewfinder (darker or noisier image) and AF (slower or failing acquisition). I wish Ricoh could make this difference count and demonstrate that there is merit to the idea of "Long live the DSLR!".
10-06-2020, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
The "Anniversary Year" was awful although technically aren't we still in it? Nov 27, 2019 was supposed to be the anniversary date, so if we add a year to that....
So it will be the KC, an appropriate name for an ASPC camera.
And it will be announced to the tunes of “That's the way I Like It" by KC and the Sunshine Band

10-06-2020, 07:00 PM   #83
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
So it will be the KC
Better than the K-2020............
10-06-2020, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
So it will be the KC, an appropriate name for an ASPC camera.
And it will be announced to the tunes of “That's the way I Like It" by KC and the Sunshine Band
Then name the new FF KC135. Offer it in a limited edition with the color of the body the same as the tanker. Joe
10-06-2020, 07:20 PM - 2 Likes   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Let alone the K0-vid (short for video, of course, and the zero indicating a clean start to the series). Odd names were a thing at the start of the DSLR era, *istD being the relevant case in point. That camera was so much better than the Canon equivalent at the time, that I can’t help wondering if the odd name put people off. We can only hope that such won’t be the case with the new body.
10-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #86
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
There is nothing else to do here until we get some more actual information.
We can take and share some some pictures, review some gear...that sort of stuff.

Steve
10-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
*istD being the relevant case in point. That camera was so much better than the Canon equivalent at the time, that I can’t help wondering if the odd name put people off.
Maybe, though the price might also have been a consideration. The *ist D was one of the more expensive dSLRs on the market at the time and the price was enough to tell me this was not a place where I might play.

As for the name, I can't see it without being aware that "*" in IT and software developer jargon is pronounced "splat". Yes, pronounced splatist.

Steve
10-06-2020, 10:11 PM   #88
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
K-OVID for the covid in 2020 xD
10-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #89
Pentaxian

K-new ?

Somebody obviously Knew...

10-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #90
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What's worse is that I was bored enough to beat you to the silliness. I usually avoid the rumors section.

Steve