Show Printable Version 310 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2020, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #106
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
pretty weak
but Kunzite! They 'received a tip' !!1!11!!!!
If that's not a rock solid source, I don't know what is...

10-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Lens release posing as self-timer...

Steve
But that is an M42 lens on it - no lens release needed...

Oh wait, maybe it's actually a K mount body and the lens is on a K mount adapter.
10-10-2020, 07:43 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the second camera will be identical to the first except for the flippy screen. That will result in a camera better suited for video albiet a bit heavier and thicker than the original that has been displayed for the past months. I've learned from previous products to not to have too many expectations.
10-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I think the second camera will be identical to the first except for the flippy screen. That will result in a camera better suited for video albiet a bit heavier and thicker than the original that has been displayed for the past months. I've learned from previous products to not to have too many expectations.
I don't see adding a flippy screen as sufficient market differentiation. It would just be more development cost for very few new sales.
They've already worked up the spin machine to talk about how small the KNEW is; any flippy-screen add-on would be a late development thing and hard to release simultaneously...

I think it more likely any second body would be a K70 replacement, and I think it would have some sort of flippy screen...

-Eric

10-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #110
Pentaxian

All nice, but what is coming when for how much.

Pentax should keep delivering. After years of talk we saw some long awaited deliveries over the last year.
10-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #111
Forum Member

How about two more?

Re: One for stills, one for video. (2 new cameras?): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
10-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #112
maw
Pentaxian

It could be that in Ricoh-Pentax, they are laying the foundations for the new Full-frame,

1. On the flagship they talk about improvements (to be evaluated again) in the pentaprism and maybe also in the sensor

2. If there will be confirmation In the other one, there is a rumor of video (possible 4K?), if you notice all the previous experimentations have merged with K1 first and K1 mrk2 later.

10-10-2020, 10:06 PM   #113
Veteran Member

A related question: What do we actually KNOW of the coming K-new (or coming K-news)? I mean official information from Ricoh, not guesses, rumors or wishes.
10-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I don't see adding a flippy screen as sufficient market differentiation. It would just be more development cost for very few new sales.
They've already worked up the spin machine to talk about how small the KNEW is; any flippy-screen add-on would be a late development thing and hard to release simultaneously...

I think it more likely any second body would be a K70 replacement, and I think it would have some sort of flippy screen...

-Eric
If it's a K-70 replacement, I hope they'll resolve the solenoid issue. It's been plaguing that series including the ks-x series. I would've bought a ks-2 for a bargain last year if it weren't for that problem.
10-10-2020, 10:23 PM - 5 Likes   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
A related question: What do we actually KNOW of the coming K-new (or coming K-news)? I mean official information from Ricoh, not guesses, rumors or wishes.
We've actually seen it, and know the dimensions; that it has a large new viewfinder made of high-refraction glass “that has never been used in a camera before”; that it doesn't have a flippy screen; that it has two card slots; that it has an AF selection joystick; that it has a large LCD panel on the top plate; that it has a new sensor and image processor that will deliver improved IQ across the ISO range, especially at high ISO; that its minimum ISO is 100; that Ricoh regard it as the APS-C flagship; that Ricoh believe it will break the perception that APS-C is inferior to FF.

Apart from that, not much really.
10-11-2020, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
We've actually seen it, and know the dimensions; that it has a large new viewfinder made of high-refraction glass “that has never been used in a camera before”; that it doesn't have a flippy screen; that it has two card slots; that it has an AF selection joystick; that it has a large LCD panel on the top plate; that it has a new sensor and image processor that will deliver improved IQ across the ISO range, especially at high ISO; that its minimum ISO is 100; that Ricoh regard it as the APS-C flagship; that Ricoh believe it will break the perception that APS-C is inferior to FF.
I wonder if its got a Kmount?
10-11-2020, 04:14 AM - 2 Likes   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Nope, Nikon F mount in order to accommodate Nikon's autofocus module.
10-11-2020, 04:23 AM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The LCD display on the top deck on the Knew is still smaller than the one used on the K-5 and K-3, right? It looks bigger than the one on the K-1 but not so big as what I'm used to on the K-5.
10-11-2020, 04:23 AM   #119
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Ricoh tells us of their devotion to the K-Mount over and over again.
Of course it is K-Mount, and it will be fun to use.
10-11-2020, 05:00 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Perhaps they're returning to the PK/R mount.