Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2020, 12:49 PM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
So like a downgraded KP? For more money?
It wouldn’t have to be a “downgraded” KP - it could have the new viewfinder and sensor, for example.

10-27-2020, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #152
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
We know the new camera is not built on the K-70 platform since it does not have an articulating screen, so I don’t understand how this relates to the new camera.
I was talking about the "other" K-new, aka new K-new, K-new new, K-new Lite, etc., the topic of this thread in reference to the post on Pentax Rumors, about which we know nothing...

Ricoh is rumored to be working on another Pentax APS-C DSLR camera - Pentax Rumors

The fly that landed on my head is a personal friend of the tipster that contacted the PR admin. Those are the fly's words, not mine. I would ask it for clarification except that last I saw, it was in pursuit of a truck full of cheesecake. Since the K-70 has an articulated screen and the new K-new is made on that platform, it would be safe to assume that it also will have one or perhaps not?

In any case, we are talking about the same new K-new camera, right? The one, that pre-fly, we knew nothing about and the one that, pre-tipster, did not exist?

Steve
10-27-2020, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #153
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
fly
that comment left my head buzzing
10-27-2020, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #154
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
that comment left my head buzzing
Groan...ok, that's enough of that, Fozzzzzzzzzz.

10-28-2020, 07:05 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
After months of speculation, Pentax finally announced that the successor to the K3 Mark Two will be known as the K3 Mark Three. Good job, guys!

Just how many meetings it took to come up with such a genius idea will forever remain a mystery.
10-28-2020, 07:09 AM - 3 Likes   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Just how many meetings it took to come up with such a genius idea will forever remain a mystery.
It probably took about as long as it took you to come up with that genius comment.
10-28-2020, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #157
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
After months of speculation, Pentax finally announced that the successor to the K3 Mark Two will be known as the K3 Mark Three. Good job, guys!

This thread, of course, being the one that is not about the K-new/K-3iii. So what will the new K-new be called? That is an even greater mystery. Does the fog wafting by have a proper name?

Steve

10-28-2020, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread, of course, being the one that is not about the K-new/K-3iii. So what will the new K-new be called? That is an even greater mystery. Does the fog wafting by have a proper name?

Steve
Ironically it could be called the K-n. If they put in the new sensor and viewfinder into a k-70/kp hybrid it might be a real winner.
10-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #159
Pentaxian

Ironically it could be called the K-n. If they put in the new sensor and viewfinder into a k-70/kp hybrid it might be a real winner.
Especially if the "KP" part includes their aperture control.
If the rumors about a 'better video' "APS-C" camera are correct, it could also include an articulating LCD from the K-70, since videographers seem to prefer them.

Last edited by reh321; 10-28-2020 at 02:41 PM.
10-28-2020, 10:37 AM - 2 Likes   #160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was talking about the "other" K-new, aka new K-new, K-new new, K-new Lite, etc., the topic of this thread in reference to the post on Pentax Rumors, about which we know nothing...

Ricoh is rumored to be working on another Pentax APS-C DSLR camera - Pentax Rumors

The fly that landed on my head is a personal friend of the tipster that contacted the PR admin. Those are the fly's words, not mine. I would ask it for clarification except that last I saw, it was in pursuit of a truck full of cheesecake. Since the K-70 has an articulated screen and the new K-new is made on that platform, it would be safe to assume that it also will have one or perhaps not?

In any case, we are talking about the same new K-new camera, right? The one, that pre-fly, we knew nothing about and the one that, pre-tipster, did not exist?

Steve
There are some very angry people on there including one who believes animal eye focus is a game changer! I think its garnish Pentax always had something quirky in their line (K-01, K-s1, the aggressive K30, K50s that look like a bag of haribo, KP with its grips). If they do a new entry level, it could have anything, including animal eye focus! Long live the Pentax whackadoodle gene
10-29-2020, 03:16 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Especially if the "KP" part includes their aperture control.
If the rumors about a 'better video' "APS-C" camera are correct, it could also include an articulating LCD from the K-70, since videographers seem to prefer them.
I just hope this video oriented camera doesn't use that troublesome solenoid if it comes as a successor of the K-70.
10-29-2020, 03:29 AM   #162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I just hope this video oriented camera doesn't use that troublesome solenoid if it comes as a successor of the K-70.
Are there problems with the K-70? I mean, real documented issues beyond normal failure rate of mid level cameras? I just have the impression the poor camera is bullied by legacy. However, I would not recommend it to anyone either, as long as there is no official proof of a changed system component. But to be fair, I haven't seen evidence that it is failing above average.
10-29-2020, 03:48 AM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Are there problems with the K-70? I mean, real documented issues beyond normal failure rate of mid level cameras? I just have the impression the poor camera is bullied by legacy. However, I would not recommend it to anyone either, as long as there is no official proof of a changed system component. But to be fair, I haven't seen evidence that it is failing above average.
There are threads regarding K-70s owners having experienced the problem. Just look search and use "K-70 aperture" in the search forum and the threads will come out. I'm not interested in the percentage or try to argue about industry standards. I just know some units have the problem and I don't want to buy into something and get the same problem.
10-29-2020, 03:56 AM   #164
mee
Veteran Member

I wonder what autofocus system it would use? Surely not the one in the K-3 III unmodified. Otherwise they're giving away the store.

I think it will be a K-S2 type camera, maybe called K-S3.
10-29-2020, 05:28 AM   #165
Pentaxian

There are threads regarding K-70s owners having experienced the problem. Just look search and use "K-70 aperture" in the search forum and the threads will come out. I'm not interested in the percentage or try to argue about industry standards. I just know some units have the problem and I don't want to buy into something and get the same problem.
Okay, I did. What I found was this:

K70 aperture block? - PentaxForums.com

QuoteQuote:
but not to worry with a 2018 K70, those have an even better solenoid now, still green and still made in China
Whatever, that's not the topic here.