Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
They should just add Mark# & use K1 for full frame, K3 for APSC then stick a zero on for entry level, & Maybe stick with KP for anything that won't fit in any of the pigeon holes Its good enough for all the others and so much less confusing
With Ricoh's decision to brand the K-new as the K3 mk III, this is precisely what they have done. As such, we can someday look forward to the
utterly not confusing "K1 Mk IX sb IR variant 2" and other memorable camera names.

11-04-2020, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #212
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
With Ricoh's decision to brand the K-new as the K3 mk III, this is precisely what they have done. As such, we can someday look forward to the
utterly not confusing "K1 Mk IX sb IR variant 2" and other memorable camera names.
No, I think they’ll keep it simple, just model number and series number. Not enough market for multiple specialized options, unless special order and then we probably won’t see much difference in the front plate name.
11-04-2020, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
With Ricohs release pace I'd say few of us will be alive by that point.
11-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #214
Veteran Member

If Pentax produced a smaller sized mid ranged (k-70, K-P) and (K-1 mid range Full Frame) with deeper hand grips, fully articulated screens, WR bodies and most of the features (with the new sensor tech) of the flagship models, those cameras would sell well.

11-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #215
maw
Pentaxian

As such, we can someday look forward to the
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
unless special order and then we probably won’t see much difference in the front plate name.
It could also be called K2 in the past there has already been, but I think it would be reductive to call it K2 after K1, so what K^, will they invent this time?
11-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #216
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe K2 is still being reserved for a future full frame model. Both KX and KM were re-used from the film days for digital by adding a hyphen after the K.
11-04-2020, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #217
Pentaxian

I believe K2 is still being reserved for a future full frame model. Both KX and KM were re-used from the film days for digital by adding a hyphen after the K.
Long live the K-2 DMD!
  • 24MP 24x36 sensor
  • enhanced K-3 Mark III autofocus
  • high fps
  • deep buffer
  • dual UHS-II card slot
  • GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE
  • swivel LCD screen
  • $2,499

11-04-2020, 03:49 PM   #218
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

Originally posted by mlt*
Long live the K-2 DMD!
24MP 24x36 sensor
enhanced K-3 Mark III autofocus
high fps
deep buffer
dual UHS-II card slot
GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE
swivel LCD screen
$2,499
So mystalerious,When is this release date,2025?
11-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #219
Veteran Member

No, I think they’ll keep it simple, just model number and series number. Not enough market for multiple specialized options, unless special order and then we probably won’t see much difference in the front plate name.

The K5 IIs says otherwise.

Pentax' slower product release rate will keep the runaway names in check to some extent, but adopting an iterative naming policy will
ultimately mean increasingly complex names over time and the possibility of the occasionally kooky variant.

Clearly they've allowed such run-on names with their lenses.
11-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #220
Forum Member

Long live the K-2 DMD!
  • 24MP 24x36 sensor
  • high fps
  • deep buffer
  • dual UHS-II card slot
  • swivel LCD screen
  • $2,499
You have forgotten to add:
- Adobe Premiere in the camera
- Instagram App
- 4G/5G/Sat Telecom sim card slot
- and so on

How could you talk about an enhanced K3 III autofocus as you don't even know how it performs actually?
Do you know how the new autofocus is made of and how it works?!
11-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Long live the K-2 DMD!
  • 24MP 24x36 sensor
  • high fps
  • deep buffer
  • dual UHS-II card slot
  • swivel LCD screen
  • $2,499
If Pentax were to release this along with a D FA* 300/2.8 and D FA 1.4x and 2x teleconverters... that would be awesome!
11-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
It could also be called K2 in the past there has already been, but I think it would be reductive to call it K2 after K1, so what K^, will they invent this time?
I've already pointed out that very irony in the past. Once you've adopted a pinnacle name, like K1, then there is no place to go but down.
K1 II is derivative of K1 and thus also reductive. And so each iteration of K1 will be as well. There can only ever be one K1, just as there
is only one LX, one K1000, etc.
11-04-2020, 04:34 PM - 4 Likes   #223
Pentaxian

new FF next year
By Asahiman~
11-04-2020, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #224
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bencoskater Quote
You have forgotten to add:
- Adobe Premiere in the camera
- Instagram App
- 4G/5G/Sat Telecom sim card slot
- and so on

How could you talk about an enhanced K3 III autofocus as you don't even know how it performs actually?
Do you know how the new autofocus is made of and how it works?!
Actually, Mistral has a dry sense of humour similar to your own. He's being playful, like you.
11-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #225
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
new FF next year
By Asahiman~
Is this a new update from Asahiman?