Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 310 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2020, 05:18 AM   #346
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
But you have to admit, he's really entertaining, just because he's so goofy and opinionated. And, speaking of goofy and opinionated, my favorite is the guy who calls himself "the angry photographer" with a "screen name" of "Theoria Apophasis"
Theoria Apophasis - YouTube
This guy really does seem to know a good bit and does give useful information - before I buy anything I check to see what he and few others have said about it - the Northups, Jared Poulin (though I can't stand his style), Kai Wong (you have to ignore his 7th grade sense of humor), Chris Nichols (though he's selling stuff), Dustin Abbott, Gordon Laing, and a few others of lesser luminary status. Not in that order, necessarily, though I think Abbott is the most articulate and systematic and has the lowest B.S. factor.
I do find his camera comparisons useful at times especially when it comes to raw latitude. But overall I find his style of presenting a bit strange since he has the "hype" kind of body language and voice but the camera comparison is very clinical. These two elements just don't match as the personality comes across as a biased reviewer even if he isn't one. IMO if you're a hype person, it makes more sense to go out and shoot some epic footage to show us, and monetize through some lightroom, luts, aftereffect presets and gear recommendations aka Peter McKinnon or Potatojet style.

12-22-2020, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #347
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
According to the past pentax new camera launch habits, official release should be the end of January.
I presume you mean the official release of the K-3 Mark III, not that of the 'New KNEW', which is supposed to be another camera, more video-oriented according to the rumour that led to this thread.
12-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #348

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I presume you mean the official release of the K-3 Mark III, not that of the 'New KNEW', which is supposed to be another camera, more video-oriented according to the rumour that led to this thread.
K-3 Mark III is NOT the one formerly known as 'KNEW'?
12-22-2020, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
The NEW K-new is the one that comes after the K-3 mkIII (formerly K-new). Rumored to be video focused and with an articulating flippy screen.
(probably at a lower price point)
For the exercise the new K-1 mkII
can be refered to as the NEW K-new mkII or just K-1 mkIII?

Last edited by BROO; 12-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.
12-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
Yes the K-3iii was formerly known as the 'KNEW' but not the one now known as the 'NEW KNEW'.
This confusion is one reason for my formerly referring to the latter as the "K-3ii replacement" - but I must admit I do not have a label for the latter, which is just a hope in some minds right now.
12-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #351
Pentaxian

I haven't got any news about the new k-new so far…
12-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #352
Pentaxian

Nobody has actually. I think the only basis for this so-called rumour is Peter, the admin of Pentax Rumors / Leica Rumors / Nikon Rumors / Photo Rumors, trying to generate some impressions.

12-22-2020, 11:56 PM   #353
Pentaxian

In addition to K33, the focus of next year should be GR news.
12-22-2020, 11:57 PM   #354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
But you have to admit, he's really entertaining, just because he's so goofy and opinionated. And, speaking of goofy and opinionated, my favorite is the guy who calls himself "the angry photographer" with a "screen name" of "Theoria Apophasis"
Theoria Apophasis - YouTube
This guy really does seem to know a good bit and does give useful information - before I buy anything I check to see what he and few others have said about it - the Northups, Jared Poulin (though I can't stand his style), Kai Wong (you have to ignore his 7th grade sense of humor), Chris Nichols (though he's selling stuff), Dustin Abbott, Gordon Laing, and a few others of lesser luminary status. Not in that order, necessarily, though I think Abbott is the most articulate and systematic and has the lowest B.S. factor.
I like the angry photographer lol. Kai Wong is really good but sometimes his vids are too full of him messing around. The Pentax KP one was like that. I like Chris Nichols, I think he is generally fair. Have a look at Matteas Burling. He loves Pentax
12-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #355
Pentaxian

In addition to K33, the focus of next year should be GR news.
Already? (The Ricoh GR III's development was announced in September 2018 and the camera was announced in February 2019.)

If so, it's an additional clue re. where the money comes from.
12-23-2020, 12:10 AM   #356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Already? (The Ricoh GR III's development was announced in September 2018 and the camera was announced in February 2019.)

If so, it's an additional clue re. where the money comes from.
I would assume an addition to the GR family. Sony RX100V competitor?
12-23-2020, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #357
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I would assume an addition to the GR family. Sony RX100V competitor?
The RX100 is a 1" sensor zoom... Maybe they are going for a Zeiss ZX1/Sony RX1 competitor with a FF sensor?
12-23-2020, 04:05 AM - 1 Like   #358
Pentaxian

May be a GR with zoom lens :-) 18-35??
12-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #359
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
May be a GR with zoom lens :-) 18-35??
That would be a devastating decision. Compact cameras with zooms are the nastiest handling equipment around. Push spongy button wrrr, wrrr wrrr back a bit wrr wrrr wrrr.

It would likely undermine the whole brand Ricoh has developed with the GR.

There were some patents of alterate fixed focal lenghts so hopefully that's the plan instead.
12-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #360

does this mean it is not existant?