Attached Images

11-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #767
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Flagship.
A flag bearer.
A standard bearer.
I don't think the guy waving the army's standard individually represents the fighting ability of the men behind him.
He's making a statement: "these men have arrived".
11-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #768
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I honestly suspect Pentax is just using the nomenclature most of Pentaxforu638ms were screeching in pain when the KP launched. Single slot, lower battery capacity, lower burst speed "This is no FLAAAGGGSHIIP!" The entire internet followed suit in the same manner and it reached Pentax who conciously or unconciously adapted the thinking.
I agree.
They didn't want, for some reason, to put my picture on the box. but that would also have been appropriate since it has what I need.
11-04-2020, 08:02 AM - 3 Likes   #769
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
This ... is a flagship!
Where can I preorder??!??

11-04-2020, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This ... is a flagship!
So how many knots per second does it do? How many MP (mast poles) does it have? What about the cannon battery life?
11-04-2020, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #771
Pentaxian

This ... is a flagship!
I hope that's not the Vasa, the famous flagship of the Swedish Navy... wait, it cannot be, said flagship capsized before reaching open sea
11-04-2020, 09:23 AM - 2 Likes   #772
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This ... is a flagship!
Yep, I clearly see two flags on the masts, so it has to be a flag ship.

11-04-2020, 10:06 AM - 2 Likes   #773
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Where can I preorder??!??
Unknown for the time being ... apparently, they are having some technical glitches.

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
So how many knots per second does it do? How many MP (mast poles) does it have? What about the cannon battery life?
Full spec's TBA in the near future.
11-04-2020, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #774
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
AAAAND the most important question: are gunport covers... tilted?
11-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #775
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I hope that's not the Vasa, the famous flagship of the Swedish Navy... wait, it cannot be, said flagship capsized before reaching open sea
It's the admiral Nelson's ship HMS Victory. I visited it 10 years ago in Portsmouth. It's in a much better shape than Vasa. Almost ready to sail again.

As a coincidence I was just looking at old photos from that Portsmouth trip couple of hours ago.
11-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #776
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
I remember reading somewhere that adding in body GPS reduces the ruggedness of the prism hump, so it's a compromise between durability and geotagging - both features that wildlife shooters typically want.
Do you have any verifiable instances of GPS equipped cameras breaking the prism hump?
11-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #777
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Do you have any verifiable instances of GPS equipped cameras breaking the prism hump?
Cost me more than half a new K-1...
11-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #778
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I don't use the GPS on my K-3II often as I don't do astro photography. However, when I went to France last year, I should've used it as it would indicate the place that I took my photos. It would've been a great help in my documentation.
This is precisely why I bought a K-3II in 2016. I knew that with the end of K-3II production, Ricoh/Pentax was going to begin working, or had already started, on a follow on model. As my vacation planning started for 2017, I bit the bullet since the K-New-whatever-flagship was not going to be available before the vacation started.

On that vacation, as I have droned on about before, I ended with just a little over 6K images across Central, Eastern, West Europe and GB. Six weeks of shooting. Not having GPS embedded into those images would have been a ID nightmare. In fact, I finished keywording the catalogue last month (Covid-19-gotta-do-something). I also finished keywording the 3K worth of images from my 2019 vacation(s) to Alaska and Yellowstone National Park. Having Geotagged images that allowed me to ID geysers, waterfalls, glaciers and remote locations in Denali National Park is a wonderful thing. Since I walk through the Quinault Rain Forest and the beaches at Olympic National Park almost every year at Thanksgiving it is really nice to say - This image was taken ---- Here.

---------- Post added 11-04-20 at 02:09 PM ----------

Cost me more than half a new K-1...
What were the circumstances pray tell?
11-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #779
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
What were the circumstances pray tell?
Lifted K-1 off a table, began to turn, strap snagged on something, pulled the camera out of my hands, fell onto the timber decking. Plastic prism housing smashed. 😪

Had noticed the K-1 strap snagging more than my other cameras and made mental note to use two hands. Proceded to ignore mental note. ..
11-04-2020, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #780
PDL
Pentaxian

Lifted K-1 off a table, began to turn, strap snagged on something, pulled the camera out of my hands, fell onto the timber decking. Plastic prism housing smashed. ��

Had noticed the K-1 strap snagging more than my other cameras and made mental note to use two hands. Proceded to ignore mental note. ..
I have snagged the strap on all of my cameras at some point, I have been lucky and never had one hit the ground, floor, deck etc. I have had the cold sweats holding the camera over thin air taking images down buildings (Prague - Lessor Tower - Charles Bridge).

Now lenses, that is another thing. My original Kit lens on my *istDs fell/rolled off of a guard rail post and rolled down the street for a bit dropping a bit further into the (dry) gutter. And my 8mm Fisheye was dropped in Bath England - it does look like the lens elements have separated and it is sort of hard to mount to the camera.

So far, nothing has cost me money to "fix". I really dislike Mental Notes too. Do I have to think? That's lame.
Closed Thread