Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2020, 03:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1111
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote

All of the above are either false or a very, lets say, unusual take on things.
Can we put this issue to bed, House, especially in a thread about the K-3 III?

I hope these two posts I made last year set this straight:

RICOH ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF HD PENTAX-D FA★50mm F1.4 SDM AW STAR-SERIES LENS - Page 67 - PentaxForums.com

RICOH ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF HD PENTAX-D FA★50mm F1.4 SDM AW STAR-SERIES LENS - Page 67 - PentaxForums.com

Give me any lens with an aperture of 1.4 or wider and the next day I will present you with pictures containing plenty of chromatic aberration. It is easy to do.

11-15-2020, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #1112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You and your Bro would be waiting decades for the latest though,so a little longer would be ok.But dont hitch up the horse and cart just yet to go to camera shop(i know you still have them there)!
We do have one left here, so your intelligence (and I use that word loosely when speaking to a Premier Stater) is accurate. The nice thing is that they have always carried the new Pentax bodies, albeit in limited quantities.
11-15-2020, 04:58 PM - 3 Likes   #1113
Loyal Site Supporter

Everyone back on topic please.
11-15-2020, 06:07 PM   #1114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
No, we haven’t, but it never stops us speculating. I’m waiting on an indication about internal GPS, but there’s no sign of an answer there, yet. We have amazing patience, on the whole, but that’s years of conditioning, I guess.
I suspect its got it. There's an area below and surrounding the hot shoe that is made out of plastic and that is not part of the prism housing. A location for GPS?

11-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #1115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Everyone back on topic please.
Thanks gatorguy.
(the trouble is there is not much else to say about K3iii until have one - hence the serial divergences)
11-15-2020, 10:38 PM - 1 Like   #1116
dbs
Pentaxian

Looks like the Christmas tree will be bare too ..........

Roll on February
11-16-2020, 03:25 AM   #1117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Thanks gatorguy.
(the trouble is there is not much else to say about K3iii until have one - hence the serial divergences)
Just wait for the next volume of the product stories.

11-16-2020, 03:38 AM   #1118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You know something we dont ?
11-16-2020, 04:42 AM   #1119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ben-pentax Quote
You know something we dont ?
There will be additional volumes of the product stories, therefore more to discuss about the K-3 Mark III.

Next one: the return of the SR button.
11-16-2020, 04:59 AM   #1120

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I suspect its got it. There's an area below and surrounding the hot shoe that is made out of plastic and that is not part of the prism housing. A location for GPS?
On the K-1 there is besides the GPS switch an indicator light. This I don't see anywhere on the K-3 3.
11-16-2020, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #1121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There will be additional volumes of the product stories, therefore more to discuss about the K-3 Mark III.

Next one: the return of the SR button.
Considering the camera is marketed for "dynamism", I'm fairly certain that bringing the SR button back is for quickly changing between "Normal" and "Panning" SR for improved performance while tracking.
11-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #1122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Considering the camera is marketed for "dynamism", I'm fairly certain that bringing the SR button back is for quickly changing between "Normal" and "Panning" SR for improved performance while tracking.
Like the AF button below... hmm, an interesting idea.
11-16-2020, 05:32 AM   #1123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Like the AF button below... hmm, an interesting idea.
I thought about that because it *is* one of those little usability things that Pentax loves doing. Now if they brought back the lever for metering modes instead of that lock/unlock thing that might as well not exist... . I understand that's useful for some people but it's the one thing I believe they have made worse over the years.
11-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #1124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Henk T Quote
On the K-1 there is besides the GPS switch an indicator light. This I don't see anywhere on the K-3 3.
But the K-3 III does have a touch screen. It is certain that some functions are controlled from the screen. The indicator light might also be on one of the two screens. Who knows? Time will tell....
11-16-2020, 06:08 AM   #1125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I thought about that because it *is* one of those little usability things that Pentax loves doing. Now if they brought back the lever for metering modes instead of that lock/unlock thing that might as well not exist... . I understand that's useful for some people but it's the one thing I believe they have made worse over the years.
I firmly believe they've done that because we couldn't decide if we want a "free" or a "button locked" mode dial...

There's a disadvantage to the lever, though: you can't have the same setting through the viewfinder (e.g. as a Smart Function option).
Closed Thread