Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1388 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #1216
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So I'll assume you also have the unique skill of standing on your head? A fully articulating LCD will help shooting while u r there!
Now you are being silly.
When I said "People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii.", I was not including myself;
being totally satisfied with the KP is a perfectly good reason by itself for not getting a K-3iii.

11-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #1217
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What's the deal? It seems like you're itching to attack OoKU, Asahiman, me...
Not at all, you spend plenty of time over there...I'm just inquisitive for any more up to date information?

As for Ooku,my remark was that he wasnt accurate.Whereas in the past his info has been.

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 09:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Now you are being silly.
Yes!

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 10:00 AM ----------

When I said "People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii.", I was not including myself;
being totally satisfied with the KP is a perfectly good reason by itself for not getting a K-3iii.
Thats a perfectly valid reason too, same as my reason to sell to my KP if I decide to get K3x3.
11-29-2020, 04:01 PM - 3 Likes   #1218
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
As for Ooku,my remark was that he wasnt accurate.Whereas in the past his info has been.
Wrong. He was accurate. The information he had became outdated, that's all.
11-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #1219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here:
Progress report on PENTAX's new APS-C-format digital SLR flagship camera?RICOH IMAGING
Still missing sample photos, but 2 out of 3 isn't that bad, is it?
I guess I missed that the announcement wasn't going to come until CP+. For some reason I thought that it was going to be released around that time. So the camera is on the streets by April or May? Maybe some early pre-reviews by spring.

Silver lining: I may actually have enough Amazon points saved up by the release buy it outright!

11-29-2020, 05:25 PM - 4 Likes   #1220
JPT
Pentaxian

I believe Ricoh (an Ooku) were being completely straight when they said the K-3 III was planned for 2020.

Ricoh had been sticking to a 2020 release date for the K-3 Mark III until they provided an update on October 27 to say they were targeting CP+ 2021. They had announced the availability of the new USB-C charger for it, to be released at the end of November and they had started a teaser campaign of articles about it. But something happened.

On October 20 there was a major fire at an Asahi Kasei semiconductor factory in Japan. I have no direct evidence that Asahi Kasei make components for Pentax cameras, but you can see numerous product categories that could be used in cameras on their English website.
Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM)

Another article (Japanese) about the fire mentions AF modules and sensors for IBIS, although they are focusing on the smartphone angle. There are also some articles about the accident in English (search for “Asaki Kasei Fire”), but I didn’t find any that mentioned cameras. It seems the audio industry is going to be the heaviest hit.
??????????????????????LIMO? - Yahoo!????

If you look at the timeline it is quite interesting. The accident happened on October 20. Up to this point Ricoh had been sticking to a 2020 release date for the K-3 Mark III. then on October 27 the Ricoh Imaging President appeared in a video to announce the delay until CP+ 2021 (target).

So this is admittedly circumstantial but there is some evidence and it seems to explain Ricoh’s actions quite well. If this is actually what happened, there are a few conclusions to draw.
- Ricoh was genuinely planning to release the camera before Christmas
- They were quite quick in updating customers after they realized it would be delayed
- The teaser campaign was probably intended to be much shorter and less frustrating, the camera could have been released by now
- They probably have to wait for repairs to the facility or source alternative components. They may genuinely not know at this stage when they can release the camera
- This problem is likely to have an impact on other companies too, not just Ricoh
11-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #1221
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I guess I missed that the announcement wasn't going to come until CP+. For some reason I thought that it was going to be released around that time. So the camera is on the streets by April or May? Maybe some early pre-reviews by spring.

Silver lining: I may actually have enough Amazon points saved up by the release buy it outright!
Wow that's a LOT of Amazon points!

FYI, President Takahashi said they expect the launch at around CP+. See their video at around 5:00 mark.
In Japanese video he said 発売, which means to start selling, so that's that unless they have to revise the schedule.
11-29-2020, 11:37 PM   #1222

A camera mounted on a tripod would be the perfect time to use "Image Sync" on your cell phone.
You could even sit on a chair a few feet away.
Yes, and in my experience with Image Stink, by the time he connects to his cell phone the sun will have come up. Instead of a chair, make it a bed.

11-30-2020, 04:12 AM - 3 Likes   #1223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

boriscleto’d

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 11-30-2020 at 05:06 AM.
11-30-2020, 04:36 AM - 3 Likes   #1224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
boriscleto’d
An excellent idea - done.
11-30-2020, 06:06 AM   #1225
Pentaxian

Ricoh Imaging announced that the K-3 III was postponed until around CP+ on 27th October.

(...)
Read a bit quickly, this triggers an 'ouch!'
11-30-2020, 06:09 AM   #1226
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote

(...)
To give you a point of comparison: the K-1 was announced in the framework of CP+ 2018, on 18 February, and became available in stores on 28 April (a few days before in some stores).
11-30-2020, 06:12 AM   #1227
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Read a bit quickly, this triggers an 'ouch!'
Touche!
Let's read slowly then
11-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #1228
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
(...)

On October 20 there was a major fire at an Asahi Kasei semiconductor factory in Japan. I have no direct evidence that Asahi Kasei make components for Pentax cameras, but you can see numerous product categories that could be used in cameras on their English website.
Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM)

Another article (Japanese) about the fire mentions AF modules and sensors for IBIS, although they are focusing on the smartphone angle. There are also some articles about the accident in English (search for “Asaki Kasei Fire”), but I didn’t find any that mentioned cameras. It seems the audio industry is going to be the heaviest hit.
??????????????????????LIMO? - Yahoo!????

If you look at the timeline it is quite interesting. The accident happened on October 20. Up to this point Ricoh had been sticking to a 2020 release date for the K-3 Mark III. then on October 27 the Ricoh Imaging President appeared in a video to announce the delay until CP+ 2021 (target).

(...)
Very interesting, thank you. Asahi Kasei Microdevices also manufacture Bluetooth LE ICs and... electronic compasses. Definitely rings a bell.
11-30-2020, 06:36 AM   #1229
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by larryaustin3 Quote
Yes, and in my experience with Image Stink, by the time he connects to his cell phone the sun will have come up. Instead of a chair, make it a bed.
Experience differs, as usual.

In mine, the whole thing would be over in a few minutes - hardly time to get comfortable where-ever you settle.
11-30-2020, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #1230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by larryaustin3 Quote
I have almost opposite experience with image sync. Only thing bugging me was (is still) slow download time if I want to get that file to my phone and/or iPad, I’m using for tethering. It is painfully slow. But it does connect just fine even now(I use K-1) there is no reason to believe that it should be better in K-3-3 . Atleast Numbers given this far does imply that it should be atleast 10X more capable. Let alone those other connections.
Closed Thread