Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1388 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2020, 06:10 AM - 2 Likes   #721
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Yeah, but they still did it tosell an external one because it is basically all profit for them. Apple hates it when people use non-fruit accessories, they just put up with it. In fact, Apple has removed all the standard connectivity from their devices to force you deeper into their ecosystem. And don't get me started on the 3.5mm jack removal from the phones.

BTW, my laptop is a gaming laptop and it has all the stuff. Of course, being a gaming laptop, it is not a Macbook.

As far as I can tell, most larger laptops that aren't made by Apple still have proper connectors - including SD readers. There is a difference between going floppy -> CD -> USB/SD (which are straight upgrades) and removing external storage to have a hub dongle on a hub dongle.

Back on topic, the K-33's buffer depth and clearing should be both much more competitive. Sure, there are some cameras that can do JPG for longer like the D500 but the raw buffer depth is smaller than the K-33's. It should be plenty good to get *the* frame, no?
Funny, I'm working right now on an Apple laptop. Yet I have no complaints. Same as with Pentax, those who don't use them have lots of complaints. None really justified from a user perspective. This is definitely not the place. Now could you possible get back to cameras so I can parse through the thread without having to read the nonsense? What? You're just seeing how many Apple users you can offend?

Bottom line, if I want a larger laptop with more ports, I cn buy one. No one forces you to buy Apple. Like Pentax, if you don't appreciate what they do, that in no way is a reflection on the company. It's a reflection on your own lack of ability to take it all in, seeking a more simplistic black and white world where only one way can be right. You have to have heroes and villains, even with your computers. It's really sad. Tribalism at it's absolute worst.

Last edited by gatorguy; 11-03-2020 at 07:08 AM.
11-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #722
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Funny, I'm working right now on an Apple laptop. Yet I have no complaints. Same as with Pentax, those who don't use them have lots of complaints. None really justified from a user perspective. This is definitely not the place. Now could you possible get back to cameras so I can parse through the thread without having to read the nonsense? What? You're just seeing how many Apple users you can offend?

Bottom line, if I want a larger laptop with more ports, I cn buy one. No one forces you to buy Apple. Like Pentax, if you don't appreciate what they do, that in no way is a reflection on the company. It's a reflection on your own lack of ability to take it all in, seeking a more simplistic black and white world where only one way can be right. You have to have heroes and villains, even with your computers. It's really sad. Tribalism at it's absolute worst.
Hey, I didn't even bring Apple up, so I wonder why you're singling me out of the three pages of people talking about laptop connectivity . I only mentioned Macbooks because another poster said that the only computers with a variety of ports were Windows ones and possibly the cheapest lower spec ones, which is true for the Windows part but definitely not for the specs.

Last edited by gatorguy; 11-03-2020 at 07:09 AM.
11-03-2020, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #723
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Not a deal breaker, but something to make my life easier. One less cable, one less device, with better batter - few batteries and adapter less. Why should I not to choose that?

I would not replace camera just to get a bit bigger battery or USB-C, but if I'm buying a new one to get better camera why should I not look at all those little points? I really to not get it?
The batteries is a challenge. It might be nice to have a bigger battery, but it sure is nice to have your batteries from your K7/K5/K5 II/K3/K1 work in a newer camera. I know that a new camera will entail a new grip (this one has a joystick on it, I think), but it is nice if your accessories port from one camera to the next one as seamlessly as possible.
11-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While a shiny new K-3 III would be nice to have at release, I’m sure that I’m not such a good photographer that I’d notice a difference. I’ve burst-shot on my K-3 II about as often as I’ve used a flash (fingers on one hand) so the subject of buffer depth and frames per second go pretty much over my head. As does AF speed - for what I do, the K-3 II and its AF-C capability is perfectly good enough.

So while a nice shiny new K-3 III would be great (yes indeed!), maybe not at release. Indeed, I’m instead tempted to get the 15/f4 Limited that I’ve been thinking about, and then if I decide to add a III to the armoury in the fullness of time (and at a cheaper price), I’ve got a wide as well!

11-03-2020, 07:07 AM   #725

thats great
11-03-2020, 07:08 AM   #726
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Hey, I didn't even bring Apple up, so I wonder why you're singling me out of the three pages of people talking about laptop connectivity . I only mentioned Macbooks because another poster said that the only computers with a variety of ports were Windows ones and possibly the cheapest lower spec ones, which is true for the Windows part but definitely not for the specs.
Ya, I tend to let one post go. But if it looks like it's going to build into a narrative, it's offensive. The whole PC /Apple thing as mentioned quickly reverts to some kind of bizarre tribalism. One guy isn't a tribe.

And the whole point is nonsense. Who cares whether the ports are dongles or on the computers. If you use the dongles, you quickly realize, there are advantages both ways. This is an "I like red better than blue" discussion. Don't defend it, drop it.

The fact that someone thinks their role in the world is to pass judgement on anything and everything and that they can do it without some kind of blind testing is the cause of a lot of disagreement. People who make those kinds of judgments for the most part, will never see the big picture. They see the approved viewpoint of their tribal leaders, and nothing beyond that.

The use of dongles or board ports, is not positive or negative. Both have advantages and disadvantages and if you want to discuss the, start a thread. Cheap shots in the middle of threads on other topics should be avoided.

Last edited by normhead; 11-03-2020 at 07:23 AM.
11-03-2020, 07:11 AM   #727
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
4 months are quite a long time of waiting to learn the truth about the K-3iii but I hope there will be more information released sooner
Its 4 months till shipping,all the final info will be revealed soonish.

11-03-2020, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #728
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its 4 months till shipping,all the final info will be revealed soonish.
Patience is a virtue.
11-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #729
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fact that someone thinks their role in the world is to pass judgement on anything and everything and that they can do it without some kind of blind testing is the cause of a lot of disagreement. People who make those kinds of judgments for the most part, will never see the big picture. They see the approved viewpoint of their tribal leaders, and nothing beyond that.
Yea, I'll never get why people take the word of the ghost of Steve Jobs over independent testing and common sense.
11-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #730
Pentaxian

Ya, I tend to let one post go. But if it looks like it's going to build into a narrative, it's offensive. The whole PC /Apple thing as mentioned quickly reverts to some kind of bizarre tribalism. One guy isn't a tribe.

And the whole point is nonsense. Who cares whether the ports are dongles or on the computers. If you use the dongles, you quickly realize, there are advantages both ways. This is an "I like red better than blue" discussion. Don't defend it, drop it.

and like cameras, there are more than two choices.
I got my Dell because it was pre-loaded with Linux.
11-03-2020, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #731
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
and like cameras, there are more than two choices.
I got my Dell because it was pre-loaded with Linux.
normhead, I'll save you the trouble of re-typing: Billions of reasons why nobody wants Linux.
11-03-2020, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #732
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Yea, I'll never get why people take the word of the ghost of Steve Jobs over independent testing and common sense.
There's that tribalism I was talking about. It's impossible for a tribalist to understand the viewpoint of a universalist. A universalist doesn't have to put anyone else down on the basis of what computer they use. A tribalist has to use his preference in computers to define his/her tribe.

Honestly dudes, take it somewhere else, no one wants to be subjected to people who's egos are so small they need to boost them up by some kind of myopic brand loyalty. This is not the place. Or we can let the mods sort it out, your choice.

I think Apple/PC wars are inappropriate in a thread on "[New video Oct 27] New information about upcoming APS-C flagship model" and I'm quite willing to have the matter adjudicated.

No one wants to feel trapped because they are interested in the subject of the thread into having to read your nonsense. Attacking brands or persons who use that brand on the basis of brand loyalty is pure ignorance.

Last edited by normhead; 11-03-2020 at 08:14 AM.
11-03-2020, 07:47 AM   #733
Loyal Site Supporter

Back on topic please. Not the proper venue for debating operating systems.
11-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #734
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
normhead, I'll save you the trouble of re-typing: Billions of reasons why nobody wants Linux.
I know you don’t buy into the “Canon vs Nikon” thing.
I merely said it doesn’t apply to computers either, and there is no reason to discuss it here.
A person can get whatever s/he prefers.
11-03-2020, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #735
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Back on topic please. Not the proper venue for debating operating systems.
Apologies. I'll stop poking.
Closed Thread