Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1388 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #811
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Probably more, Sunny. Flagship not for you?
I've bought almost every apsc flagship Pentax has made, none were that price.

11-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #812
Forum Member

One of these post shows a store in Europe taking per- orders for $1999.00 Euro's, that includes 24% VAT. That would make the camera around 1500.00 Euro's
11-05-2020, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #813
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I've bought almost every apsc flagship Pentax has made, none were that price.
That was then, this is now, Belnan. None of your cameras have the performance of this one.

Back then, camera companies could survive on lower cost, higher volume of sales.

Try that now and any company is dead.
11-05-2020, 09:33 PM - 1 Like   #814
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think we’re just beginning to see the future of the camera/lens industry. A move to a “leicaization” push to upper mid and high level priced items, since the old market strategy of using the low price models to fund sustainability and growth appears dead for all.

11-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #815
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm still searching for where folks are getting confirmation there is no flip rear screen.

Regardless, great looking camera with impressive specs. And I know Pentax doesn't skimp on durability.
11-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #816
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As far as price goes, I don't think it will make any difference to the younger generation.
They change high priced mobile phones regularly - more as an accessory item than a necessary upgrade need.
If the photographic industry can convince them of the advantages of decent cameras and a variety of lenses, I don't think price will bother them too much.
11-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #817
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoosierdome Quote
One of these post shows a store in Europe taking per- orders for $1999.00 Euro's, that includes 24% VAT. That would make the camera around 1500.00 Euro's
That happens to be one on most expensive countries in EU. But yes. That is what it is now.

11-05-2020, 09:51 PM   #818
Pentaxian

New information about the S.Fn key and the view finder
New APS-C“K-3 Mark III”に込めた想い 第5回(若代)
11-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #819
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
I'm still searching for where folks are getting confirmation there is no flip rear screen.

Regardless, great looking camera with impressive specs. And I know Pentax doesn't skimp on durability.
From the images they’ve provided, there’s definitely no flip screen, despite what many here have argued. But the final version may have one. Who knows? Maybe Pentax will pull the old Steve Jobs, ‘There’s one more thing.’
11-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #820
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
I think we’re just beginning to see the future of the camera/lens industry. A move to a “leicaization” push to upper mid and high level priced items, since the old market strategy of using the low price models to fund sustainability and growth appears dead for all.
Yeah, Nikon have predicted record losses next year and have declared their new approach will be: "Shift to a structure that secures profits constantly even when revenue drops, through strengthening the business structure and diverting the sales and product mix"

They want by 2023 90 percent of their customers to be professionals or serious hobbyists.

Make of all that what you will!
11-05-2020, 10:24 PM - 1 Like   #821
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
That was then, this is now, Belnan. None of your cameras have the performance of this one.

Back then, camera companies could survive on lower cost, higher volume of sales.

Try that now and any company is dead.
I can’t seem to track down the old ads, but to my recollection camera prices have largely not tracked with inflation. In the past when volume was lower they were more of a higher priced luxury item than some have been today. Perhaps it’s a correction. If the numbers stop working, something has to change or you go out of business. (I’m speaking generally, of course there were low and much higher priced options available)
11-05-2020, 10:31 PM   #822

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
New information about the S.Fn key and the view finder
New APS-C“K-3 Mark III”に込めた想い 第5回(若代)
Great! One of the pictures show that there actually is a GPS-button there with it’s on/off-led.
11-05-2020, 10:35 PM - 2 Likes   #823
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote

Go here:
Product Stories of New APS-C"K-3 Mark III" Vol.3?Wakashiro? | PENTAX official

From the post.
"In addition, incorporating an angle-adjustable screen in a compact body often makes it difficult to increase the size of the LCD monitor. That’s why PENTAX decided to equip this new camera with a fixed-type 3.2-inch monitor. This was a decision based on our goal of allowing the photographer to confirm the image’s quality and composition on a larger screen at the shooting location, while still keeping with the basic design concept of a compact, sturdy body."

Emphasis is mine. No flippy screen - it is fixed.
11-05-2020, 10:48 PM   #824
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Go here:
Product Stories of New APS-C"K-3 Mark III" Vol.3?Wakashiro? | PENTAX official

From the post.
"In addition, incorporating an angle-adjustable screen in a compact body often makes it difficult to increase the size of the LCD monitor. That’s why PENTAX decided to equip this new camera with a fixed-type 3.2-inch monitor. This was a decision based on our goal of allowing the photographer to confirm the image’s quality and composition on a larger screen at the shooting location, while still keeping with the basic design concept of a compact, sturdy body."

Emphasis is mine. No flippy screen - it is fixed.
Confirming what was seen in teaser images. It’s a bold move by Pentax. I hope their marketing dept can develop a compelling pitch around their reasoning.
11-05-2020, 10:59 PM   #825
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by F-pix Quote
Great! One of the pictures show that there actually is a GPS-button there with it’s on/off-led.
But it's a K1 not a K33
Closed Thread