Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #856
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The extra gap in the near bottom-left line suggests there’s something missing, or more likely it’s just a drafting artefact. I wouldn’t like to start another rear-screen finger-dent controversy, though.
Ummm, could be a little line that raises up like a drawbridge you think?

11-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #857
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The extra gap in the near bottom-left line suggests there’s something missing, or more likely it’s just a drafting artefact. I wouldn’t like to start another rear-screen finger-dent controversy, though.
Not this, again...
11-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #858
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Either way it looks good, presumptive as it may be. Hopefully this is similar to what we will get but just have to wait and see.
Looks fine for bicycles, but for little birds I would have liked a few points above and below the main area. Maybe shift 4 of the green from either end.
11-06-2020, 05:07 PM - 2 Likes   #859
Pentaxian

Another interpretation, this one from Hombre on Chassimages:

Source: Pentax K-3 Mark III

11-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #860
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Ummm, could be a little line that raises up like a drawbridge you think?
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not this, again...
I think the drawbridge just got pulled up.
11-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #861
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a drawbridge, Rob; just a normal bridge fixed in place.
11-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #862
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Not a drawbridge, Rob; just a normal bridge fixed in place.
Like a bridge camera, then?

11-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #863
Veteran Member

The recent Ricoh post reinforces my prognostication that the K-3 III will have a hybrid viewfinder. The high price already had me leaning this direction, along with their 'viewfinder experience' emphasis. But in that post, they also show a dial that switches between viewfinder, live view, and movie modes. They'd likely never create such a dial with only three slots (about 90deg) used. I suspect that more information is going to be placed on this dial, and we'll all be pleasantly surprised when it involves a switchable viewfinder.
11-06-2020, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #864
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, Nikon have predicted record losses next year and have declared their new approach will be: "Shift to a structure that secures profits constantly even when revenue drops, through strengthening the business structure and diverting the sales and product mix"

They want by 2023 90 percent of their customers to be professionals or serious hobbyists.

Make of all that what you will!
I suspect that by 2023 the only people buying cameras at all will be professionals and serious hobbyists.
11-07-2020, 01:39 AM   #865
Pentaxian

My question is, what are the 22 functions to be activated via this next view-finder ?
11-07-2020, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #866
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
My question is, what are the 22 functions to be activated via this next view-finder ?
I guess it is a subset of the items you currently can put on that quick menu info screen, where currently you have to look at the display to change it. Like pixel shift on/off, clarity etc.
11-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #867
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
The recent Ricoh post reinforces my prognostication that the K-3 III will have a hybrid viewfinder. The high price already had me leaning this direction, along with their 'viewfinder experience' emphasis. But in that post, they also show a dial that switches between viewfinder, live view, and movie modes. They'd likely never create such a dial with only three slots (about 90deg) used. I suspect that more information is going to be placed on this dial, and we'll all be pleasantly surprised when it involves a switchable viewfinder.
I'm not too sure about this, considering that the K-1 has a dedicated switch just for picture and movie mode. Extrapolating on your theory would suggest that the K-1 have decent video features, but it didn't turn out that way.

I'd love a hybrid viewfinder though.
11-07-2020, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #868
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, Nikon have predicted record losses next year and have declared their new approach will be: "Shift to a structure that secures profits constantly even when revenue drops, through strengthening the business structure and diverting the sales and product mix"

They want by 2023 90 percent of their customers to be professionals or serious hobbyists.

Make of all that what you will!
If it was a Western company, I’d be inclined to interpret that to mean they were intending to reduced fixed costs by shopping things out to contractors, who’d have to take the pain when things took a dive. But Nikon isn’t a Western company, so I don’t know if I’d interpret it that way. On the other hand, Japanese car makers in the 1980s kept their costs down, profits up and company image clean by relying on so-called “daughter” industries of small family workshops that survived on the smell of an oily rag and kept the nastier pollutants and work practices well-clear of the tidy industry giants’ premises, so perhaps there’s a precedent there. Maybe those “daughter” industries will now be their off-shore plants untied from the mother company. Just speculating.
11-07-2020, 02:46 AM   #869
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I guess it is a subset of the items you currently can put on that quick menu info screen, where currently you have to look at the display to change it. Like pixel shift on/off, clarity etc.
I guess too, the aim is actually to guess exhaustively, and we have even probably the complete infos available
11-07-2020, 03:03 AM - 2 Likes   #870
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
My guess is that the GPS on/off "switch" will be one of those functions.
Closed Thread