Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #1186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
the people like me who hate GPS
The GreatPublicSchools arent so bad,the rich people have to send their kids somewhere!

11-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #1187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ojutan Quote
A body without GPS but all features of the K1 (then called K3 Mark III ) plus the O-GPS reaches a similar price of the K1... whose only disadvantageis that the body is bigger and heavier.

Possibly I get one of the exhibition models of K3 which are on sale here and there, for about 700 Euro. The K3 has the GPS and all I want :-)
So how many 12 fps bursts does the K-1 manage?
11-29-2020, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1188
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Firstly the people who already own a K-1, then the people who want the speed and new features(just guessing) in the K3x3.

Then theres the people who dont like screens that move,then theres the people whose K30/50/70 have ApBlocked,

Could be a few Olympus shooters jumping off their sinking ship and those silly people who have Canon/Nikon Dslrs that dont have IBIS.

Also the people who want to have an Ibis Dslr that shoots 4K of which the K3x3 will be the only one.
Then there are the people who don't like screens that move? Then don't move it. I think NOT having a adjustable screen was a boneheaded move on Pentax part. Really all new cameras coming out have adjustable rear screen, its like a step back, plus no GPS.

11-29-2020, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #1189
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hoosierdome Quote
Then there are the people who don't like screens that move? Then don't move it. I think NOT having a adjustable screen was a boneheaded move on Pentax part. Really all new cameras coming out have adjustable rear screen, its like a step back, plus no GPS.

I agree on the screen. I was taking moonshots on my k5iis last night and the articulating screen would have been great with the steep angle on the tripod.

11-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #1190
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ALLCAPS Quote
I agree on the screen. I was taking moonshots on my k5iis last night and the articulating screen would have been great with the steep angle on the tripod.
A camera mounted on a tripod would be the perfect time to use "Image Sync" on your cell phone.
You could even sit on a chair a few feet away.
11-29-2020, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #1191

QuoteOriginally posted by hoosierdome Quote
Thank you. I completely agree. Clearly the majority of fine folks in this amazing community disagree and that's cool. Two things I was most looking forward to on my next Pentax body was an articulating screen and GPS. After renting an X-T4 and experiencing an articulating screen for the first time, I cannot go back to a fixed screen. Just too many creative opportunities lost. Therefore, after much deliberation, with neither of these on the K-33 I will sadly not be purchasing this camera. To complicate things further, the screen on my K-3 is suddenly dying with no obvious trigger. That leaves me the KP or the K-1. I think I will rent the K-1 for my Christmastime photos just to get me into the new year and see if I can live with the lack of speed. But, reading these Ricoh updates is making me realize that perhaps the hard truth is that my needs are no longer in sync with Ricoh's vision. It'd be like losing a best friend but c'est la vie.
11-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #1192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SoonerCaniac Quote
Thank you. I completely agree. Clearly the majority of fine folks in this amazing community disagree and that's cool. Two things I was most looking forward to on my next Pentax body was an articulating screen and GPS. After renting an X-T4 and experiencing an articulating screen for the first time, I cannot go back to a fixed screen. Just too many creative opportunities lost. Therefore, after much deliberation, with neither of these on the K-33 I will sadly not be purchasing this camera. To complicate things further, the screen on my K-3 is suddenly dying with no obvious trigger. That leaves me the KP or the K-1. I think I will rent the K-1 for my Christmastime photos just to get me into the new year and see if I can live with the lack of speed. But, reading these Ricoh updates is making me realize that perhaps the hard truth is that my needs are no longer in sync with Ricoh's vision. It'd be like losing a best friend but c'est la vie.
What does the KP lack that an X-T4 or other camera from one of the other manufacturers provides?

11-29-2020, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #1193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
What does the KP lack that an X-T4 or other camera from one of the other manufacturers provides?
Speed..tracking a wobbly bicycle...state of the art video...fully articulating lcd....evf....
11-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #1194
Pentaxian

Speed..tracking a wobbly bicycle...state of the art video...fully articulating lcd....evf....
My KP works fine for me in focusing.
The screen on a KP doesn't articulate, but the K-70 does.
None of them need an EVF, since they have an OVF, and the K-3iii had never promised one either.
So, unless a user needs 'state of the art video', there is no reason given for leaving Pentax.
11-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #1195
Pentaxian

I'm not holding my breath waiting for Ricoh to provide state of the art video--certainly not at the level of the Canon R5--or an EVF.
11-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #1196
Pentaxian

Free copy of CaptureOne...the ability to communicate with OEM lenses which results in superior stabilisation.
11-29-2020, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #1197
Pentaxian

Free copy of CaptureOne...the ability to communicate with OEM lenses which results in superior stabilisation.
I really doubt if these newcomers to stabilization work much better than Pentax's stabilization does for practical cases.
People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii.

Last edited by reh321; 11-29-2020 at 01:22 PM.
11-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #1198
Pentaxian

Eye AF...log video
11-29-2020, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #1199
Pentaxian

Eye AF...log video
As I said "People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii."
11-29-2020, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #1200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SoonerCaniac Quote
I don't think people disagree that it would have been nice to have a flippy screen. They are just tired of arguing about it. At this point the design is complete and people will just have to decide if they need the features the K-3 III offers enough to put up with the things that it lacks.

My guess is that there will be a group of people who need better tracking auto focus, 4K video, and/or 12 fps who will go ahead and buy this camera, even considering the things it won't have. But clearly as well, there will be those who chose to purchase a different camera or even a different brand entirely.

(I like having a flippy screen on the K-1 but most of the time I forget it is there and just squat down to use the viewfinder or crane my neck without adjusting the screen).
Closed Thread