Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1388 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2020, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #1201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Free copy of CaptureOne...the ability to communicate with OEM lenses which results in superior stabilisation.
Okay, XT4 is 1800,-€ while KP is 900,-€.

11-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #1202
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Okay, XT4 is 1800,-€ while KP is 900,-€.
Being more expensive is good???

As I said "People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii."
11-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #1203
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Being more expensive is good???
Yes,that extra money buys a 2020 state of the art device.Not a 2017 discounted old device.

The price of the K-3x3 will probably be double that of the KP as well.The people who want what its capable of will gladly pay whatever it costs.

I'll consider it on its merits when its available next year.

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 08:03 AM ----------

People are really 'standing on their heads' figuratively finding reasons to avoid getting the K-3iii.
Didnt you say that you wont be buying it?...Due to the fact that the KP does everything you require.
11-29-2020, 02:03 PM - 8 Likes   #1204
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I get why some folks must have a flippy screen. I also get why some folks must have GPS. I even get why a few must have both. For them, assuming they're absolutely certain they must have one or both features - regardless of how good the K-3III is in other areas - the choices are simple; either the APS-C KP or full frame K-1 / K-1II. Each offers different benefits and different limitations. There's another choice, of course, and that is to switch to a different brand's system that offers what they want. Three options, each very clear, and no need for further debate... am I wrong?

For those who feel like they might be prepared to compromise on the flippy screen and GPS if image quality, performance and user experience are first rate, I'd advise holding off on any knee-jerk moves. Wait until the K-3III is released and see what it's capable of. I suspect it's going to be one very special camera... but we won't know, and we can't start comparing it fairly to other brand offerings, until it has been released and reviewed...

11-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #1205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I suspect it's going to be one very special camera... but we won't know, and we can't start comparing it fairly to other brand offerings, until it has been released and reviewed...
Speaking of that.... day after tomorrow is December and we don't even have a full list of specs, much less a release date or sample photos. Ricoh is deliberate, but this is quite a drawn-out experience.
11-29-2020, 02:29 PM   #1206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
day after tomorrow is December and we don't even have a full list of specs,
Yes,so what Ooku said about the launch coming in November wasnt exactly accurate unless it comes in the next 36 hours.

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 08:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I suspect it's going to be one very special camera.
It will definitely lift the brand "up there" alongside the capability of Fuji and $ony.Possibly set the standard for crop Dslrs?
11-29-2020, 02:41 PM   #1207
Pentaxian

Yes,so what Ooku said about the launch coming in November wasnt exactly accurate unless it comes in the next 36 hours.

(...)
Ricoh Imaging themselves said the Pentax K-3 Mark III should be announced around CP+ 2021 (25-28 February).

11-29-2020, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #1208
Pentaxian

Let's be fair, OoKU made that statement a while ago, and the camera was supposed to be released this year. For all we know, November was a likely date.
That it was later postponed... I guess you can only blame him for not being able to predict the future.
11-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #1209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

It will definitely lift the brand "up there" alongside the capability of Fuji and $ony.Possibly set the standard for crop Dslrs?
It is totally irrelevant what Sony or Fuji can or can not do for people who want a DSLR. Sony and Fuji cameras may be able to play the national anthem for all I care...

---------- Post added 11-29-20 at 10:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh Imaging themselves said the Pentax K-3 Mark III should be announced around CP+ 2021 (25-28 February).
Who cares what Ricoh imaging says?
11-29-2020, 02:47 PM - 2 Likes   #1210
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Speaking of that.... day after tomorrow is December and we don't even have a full list of specs, much less a release date or sample photos. Ricoh is deliberate, but this is quite a drawn-out experience.
It is... but it is what it is

We know enough about the camera for folks to make a reasonably educated decision as to whether it should suit their needs in key areas, and whether it might be worth waiting for. If they don't think it'll meet their needs, they have the three choices I already mentioned... KP, K-1(/II) or switch brands. If they're not sure but aren't prepared to wait any longer and/or have some pressing need for a new camera (because their current one has failed, for example), the same three choices apply.

Even though I won't be an early adopter, I'm as keen as anyone here for the new camera's firm release date and detailed specifications to be announced... but it'll happen when it happens...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-29-2020 at 02:56 PM.
11-29-2020, 02:54 PM - 2 Likes   #1211
Pentaxian

Here:
Progress report on PENTAX's new APS-C-format digital SLR flagship camera?RICOH IMAGING
Still missing sample photos, but 2 out of 3 isn't that bad, is it?
11-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #1212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Fuji cameras may be able to play the national anthem
Which one?

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 08:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Let's be fair, OoKU made that statement a while ago, and the camera was supposed to be released this year. For all we know, November was a likely date.
That it was later postponed... I guess you can only blame him for not being able to predict the future.
Last month it was.

Whats Ashaiman saying over on your favourite forum?...Anything?

---------- Post added 11-30-20 at 09:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It is totally irrelevant what Sony or Fuji can or can not do
$ony makes the sensor for the current Fuji line up(5bodies@ the moment)Its not in any $ony body though.

The K3x3 will use same sensor with a Bayer array, the comparisons will come for sure.Highly relevant for some.
11-29-2020, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #1213
Pentaxian

Didnt you say that you wont be buying it?...Due to the fact that the KP does everything you require.
Yes, I currently have no intention of purchasing the K-3iii, but I recognize that my needs are not the needs of all Pentax users.
Some other users need top LCD, larger buffer, and larger battery.
The K-3iii seems to meet this need, while also providing a better view and other advancements while still using K-mount lenses.
It is easy to lose track of all these things with all the complaining.
11-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #1214
Pentaxian

Yes, I currently have no intention of purchasing the K-3iii,
So I'll assume you also have the unique skill of standing on your head? A fully articulating LCD will help shooting while u r there!
11-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #1215
Pentaxian

Last month it was.

Whats Ashaiman saying over on your favourite forum?...Anything?
Ricoh Imaging announced that the K-3 III was postponed until around CP+ on 27th October.

What's the deal? It seems like you're itching to attack OoKU, Asahiman, me...
Closed Thread