Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
I think I see some slight vignetting in your pictures, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Easily cropped out or corrected (and that's without modifying the lens).
I agree. And those shots are not modified. SOOC seemed the way to show the results the best. I’m quite surprised by how good they are.

12-18-2020, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #272
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So largely irrelevant to the K-3iii, which seems to be concentrating on the OVF experience.
I don’t see how you can say that. He is saying it could possibly be an included feature and he would like to see it working that way. There’s no reason it couldn’t be the case without detracting from OVF use. Improving the live view experience isn’t inconsistent with making the ovf the design focus. It isn’t central to it either...
12-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #273
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I don’t see how you can say that. He is saying it could possibly be an included feature and he would like to see it working that way. There’s no reason it couldn’t be the case without detracting from OVF use. Improving the live view experience isn’t inconsistent with making the ovf the design focus. It isn’t central to it either...
It could have on-sensor PDAF, but it isn't important for this camera.
They already did a lot for the K-3 Mark III... and no, it's not as easy as "reusing the algorithms" from the dedicated PDAF system.
12-18-2020, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The K-3iii body is focused on OVF use.
That should be a simple concept.
A person can want anything s/he wants, but the K-3iii is not the camera to implement it.
That should be a simple concept {and this thread allegedly is not even about how any Pentax body does AF in any mode}.

Last edited by reh321; 12-18-2020 at 01:47 PM.
12-19-2020, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The K-3iii body is focused on OVF use.
That should be a simple concept.
A person can want anything s/he wants, but the K-3iii is not the camera to implement it.
That should be a simple concept {and this thread allegedly is not even about how any Pentax body does AF in any mode}.
This thread is precisely related to how Pentax bodies do AF because it is a major decision factor into whether a PK-FE AF adapter is necessary for those of us who want an AF videocentric workflow with Pentax glass. We can disagree on whether or not the K-3iii is the body to implement OSPDAF, but since the K-70 has it and the KP from some conflicting sources seem to have it, it's fair game and within the bounds of speculation. There's no doubt on OVF experience, but it's also clear fact that Pentax advertised this camera to be the "best APS-C DSLR", which can be interpreted to mean it has better/par experience to other DSLRs in every major feature, including the Canon 90D series which has OSPDAF.
12-19-2020, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #276
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The thread started out to be about the auto focus transfer ring. As it's now about the auto focus abilities of the K-70 and speculation of how crappy the auto focus of the K-3 III will be it's outlived its usefulness.

Say goodnight Gracie......................................
Closed Thread