Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2020, 10:48 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Thats good,I own 20+ Pentaxs but only 10 with menus.I own all the other brands(japanese and korean) except $ony and I wont touch one till the new menu is in a $ony that i want to buy.

As I dont have direct experience my post is an observation I've gained from watching and reading hundreds of reviews.Just about all those reviews have complained about the menu.Stuff from having to delve past 3 phases to access a simple change to the fac
t the menu cant be changed from the touchscreen( I think A7Slll with new menu has changed this?)

If thats the way you use yours,then all good.But the next shooter can be completely different.
To take photos you need very few things to control on camera, shutter speed, ISO, aperture control, everything else can be preset and all those can be programed on body function buttons.
I disabled Wif-Fi, have no use for GPS or touch screen. WB, file recording type, etc can be accessed and changed fairly fast as well. As mentioned already nearly everything can utilized on body's buttons, menu can be skipped entirely after initial setup.

Own Fujifilm, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Canon, Nikon and obviously Sony, most of my needs are in manual lens area and all in Manual mode. By far Sony is my favorite, Sigma is very close though, very close.

$ony can be addictive.
A7R II, A7, A7S, A6600, NEX-6

10-28-2020, 11:06 PM - 5 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would have to laugh if AF performance is better than that of Pentax bodies.....
10-28-2020, 11:07 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
Own Fujifilm, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Canon, Nikon and obviously Sony,
Well drop Sigma out and inset Samsung for me,I do own a $$$ony, but its only one of those point and shoots that attaches to a phone.So no menu.

$ony
...You are catching on! ha ha.

$ony can be addictive.

As can be Fuji...Xpro1..XE1/2s/3,,XM1x2...XH1...XT100/30/3..XA7..X100S.....a cull soon to make way for XS10.I cant post photos ,my cameras get jealous when i line them up beside each other and some get heated!
A7R II, A7, A7S, A6600, NEX-6
Not sure how that happened.
10-28-2020, 11:20 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I hope future version of this adapter will support KA-mount. A-series lenses.

Many of modern third party manual focus lenses are KA-mount, and some (FI Irix) do not have aperture ring.
So an adapter that give aperture control from the camera would be a great improvement.

10-28-2020, 11:31 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

$ony can be addictive.
I see you have a Lego version as well.
10-28-2020, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

I, too, find this an interesting development. I found the transition from a Pentax camera to a $ony (ha, love this) one surprisingly easy. The menu isn't as intuitive as others, but it's no more difficult really after initial familiarisation.
I've always said that the one thing I'd miss from the Pentax line-up, in moving to $ony (manual lenses notwithstanding as I've kept these) was the D-FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro. Hopefully this will open up an opportunity for me to explore Pentax AF lenses again, and feed the GAS.
10-28-2020, 11:55 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I would have to laugh if AF performance is better than that of Pentax bodies.....
I was thinking this without laughing...

Sometime in the future when I want FF, I love the K-70 but don't like the size of the K-1.

If that adapter does all what is says it would be brilliant, Pentax Limited and * lenses on a FF MILC would be great.

No wonder I got high prices for sales of my K35 f3.5 and M50 f1.4 last week! I'm pretty sure the buyers were not Pentax camera owners, maybe I should ask them?

10-28-2020, 11:57 PM - 1 Like   #23

I would buy this in a heartbeat. I have tons of K mount lenses and a couple Sony bodies. I'm using the Techart Pro to af those lenses but this would be so much more convenient.
10-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by keos Quote
I'm using the Techart Pro to af those lenses
Reports vary,does it work well?
10-29-2020, 04:07 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Two other links:

焦点工房 - Publications | Facebook

Watch | Facebook

焦点工房 (Shōten Kōbō = 'Focus Studio' in English) are the Japanese importer and distributor of several brands of photographic equipment, mainly lenses and adapters: 7Artisans, Commlite, Fotodiox, Fringer, K&F Concept, Techart, TTArtisan, Zhong Yi Optics and more.
10-29-2020, 04:14 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I am going out on limb here, but the price will probably be the same as a nice used Pentax camera body.
10-29-2020, 04:18 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Darn, now these people will drive the used market prices higher. Better get that 43 ASAP.

Now, I'm not talking myself into LBA again, this is totally outside my control.

---------- Post added 10-29-20 at 04:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
I was thinking this without laughing...

Sometime in the future when I want FF, I love the K-70 but don't like the size of the K-1.

If that adapter does all what is says it would be brilliant, Pentax Limited and * lenses on a FF MILC would be great.

No wonder I got high prices for sales of my K35 f3.5 and M50 f1.4 last week! I'm pretty sure the buyers were not Pentax camera owners, maybe I should ask them?
For the record my M20/4 came from a Sony shooter (she was using it on her A7Rii and only sold it because she bought a more modern UWA with AF).
10-29-2020, 05:34 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Sony shooter gave me my Supertak 35 3.5, just threw it in when he bought my Sigma Foveon. So maybe they drive up the price for a bit, but sometimes you get a lens for nothing.
10-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I'm obviously not interested, as I don't plan to buy myself a Sony. It should be nice for those who do, of course.
But something made me curious. They're talking about in-lens AF motors and electronically controlled aperture support being added later. Shouldn't the power contacts be visible in the first picture?
10-29-2020, 06:10 AM   #30
Pentaxian

"The adapter has a built-in aperture motor, which can support exposure aperture control"
" If the lens has an aperture ring, the aperture ring needs to be placed in the A position when using it"

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I hope future version of this adapter will support KA-mount. A-series lenses.

Many of modern third party manual focus lenses are KA-mount, and some (FI Irix) do not have aperture ring.
So an adapter that give aperture control from the camera would be a great improvement.
Closed Thread