Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2020, 05:18 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

The world's first PK-FE autofocus transfer ring

??

On October 28, 2020, Monster Adapter (Magic Ring) is pleased to release the LA-KE1 electronic adapter ring product.
The LA-KE1 mount has a built-in aperture and dual focus motors. It is the world's first K mount autofocus electronic adapter. You can transfer Pentax brand KAF series mount lenses to Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, and support most functions of KAF series mount lenses including EXIF ​​transfer, autofocus and aperture control.

Features of Monster Adapter LA-KE1:
1. The world's first K-mount autofocus adapter ring. Let K-mount lenses realize auto focus and automatic exposure control on E-mount mirrorless cameras;
2. Full-frame design, bringing more than 10 modern full-frame digital bodies for K-mount AF lenses;
3. Unleash the true potential of the lens. Through the powerful focusing ability and focusing accuracy of the mirrorless camera, the true sharpness of the lens can be displayed. You will be amazed by the amazing performance of the lens in your hand;
4. The powerful continuous focus function, through AI recognition, allows the K lens to continuously track the target.
5. Close to full-screen focus point coverage.
6. Human eye focus/pet focus.
7. High-speed continuous shooting and focusing. From K-1’s 4.4 frames per second to at least 10 frames per second, you won’t miss the wonderful moments.

Main features of LA-KE1:
1. The adapter is compatible with KAF, KAF2, KAF3, KAF4 type lenses*1;
2. It can identify the lens model and transmit EXIF ​​information to the body;
3. The adapter has a built-in aperture motor, which can support exposure aperture control*2;
4. The adapter has a built-in focus motor, which can support the auto focus of the body-driven lens;
5. After the transfer, the lens can achieve hundreds of focus points and eye tracking focus on the Sony body and other functions that are not available or limited on K-mount cameras*3
6. Due to the noise and power consumption of the old lens, this adapter is specially designed for photography and photography and is not optimized for video recording.

LA-KE1 has now entered the internal testing stage and plans to be available within this year. For information on lens support, time to market, and prices, please pay attention to the follow-up updates of the Mohuan official website Weibo.

*1: In the early days of the market, the adapter will mainly support early body-driven autofocus and traditional lever aperture lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series). In the future, support for lenses with built-in motors (SDM, DC) and electromagnetic iris lenses will be gradually added through the adapter firmware update. The specific support time will be notified separately; A and M series lenses before KAF are not supported by this adapter;
*2: If the lens has an aperture ring, the aperture ring needs to be placed in the A position when using it. Otherwise, the adapter will enter MF mode and cannot auto focus;
*3: Depends on the body performance, please refer to the camera manual for details.

Attached Images

10-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

More discussion here: Sony alpha-K-mount adapter with af! - PentaxForums.com
10-28-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Duplicate to previous post from this morning...

Steve
10-28-2020, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
As this thread contains more information we ask that the discussion continues here. We've closed the other thread. I've not merged the threads lest it appear confusing.

10-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This will be interesting,navigating the $ony menu wont.

However in the A7Slll,they have improved the menu and with the A7lV due very soon,it will probably have the updated menu.
10-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting for Sony users ... nothing for Fuji X in the works ? Just curious.
10-28-2020, 07:05 PM - 4 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
This will be interesting,navigating the $ony menu wont.

However in the A7Slll,they have improved the menu and with the A7lV due very soon,it will probably have the updated menu.
Own 19 cameras and many more in the past, Sony menu is not bad or anymore challenging then others. 85% of the menu is set once in the beginning and you don't play with it very often. You can program custom buttons and that is all needed for the most part.

10-28-2020, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #8
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
As this thread contains more information we ask that the discussion continues here. We've closed the other thread. I've not merged the threads lest it appear confusing.
That thread had the same info in the OP and also a video clip of it functioning. But 6 of one and a half dozen of another.
10-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Looks promising. For anyone shooting both Sony and Pentax, it would be a boon. The delay in supporting modern K-mount lenses is disappointing though.
10-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
Own 19 cameras
Thats good,I own 20+ Pentaxs but only 10 with menus.I own all the other brands(japanese and korean) except $ony and I wont touch one till the new menu is in a $ony that i want to buy.

Sony menu is not bad or anymore challenging then others.
As I dont have direct experience my post is an observation I've gained from watching and reading hundreds of reviews.Just about all those reviews have complained about the menu.Stuff from having to delve past 3 phases to access a simple change to the fac
t the menu cant be changed from the touchscreen( I think A7Slll with new menu has changed this?)

85% of the menu is set once in the beginning and you don't play with it very often.
If thats the way you use yours,then all good.But the next shooter can be completely different.

Last edited by surfar; 10-28-2020 at 08:41 PM.
10-28-2020, 08:20 PM - 11 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I will get the prototype test from next week, and will keep updating later~
10-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow this is an interesting adapter. I would have bet against someone coming out with this. Cool.
10-28-2020, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
support camera

Alpha 7 II(Ver 2.0 or higher)
Alpha 7 III
Alpha 7R II
Alpha 7R III
Alpha 7R IV
Alpha 7S III(AF was slow)
Alpha 7C
Alpha 9
Alpha 9 II
Alpha 6100
Alpha 6300
Alpha 6400
Alpha 6500
Alpha 6600
10-28-2020, 09:27 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

Looks really sweet.

Smallish looking FF camera with those smallish FF Pentax lenses.
It really demonstrates that such an approach is possible by Pentax to come up with a MILC (with its advantages ) that perhaps takes both old Pentax lenses as well as any new ones a new mount will have via adapter (or just a K mount MILC )
(ok.. don't need to lecture me on the recent Pentax statements of 'Pentax vision' (or lack of )

I'd want one with Pentax's dedication to nice features, handling, menu system and approach to photography (in terms of color science, AA filter, cover glass, etc ), but alas seems like I need to use K1 (for AF lenses) and a A7 with adapter for my many MF Pentax lenses.

Last edited by pinholecam; 10-28-2020 at 11:25 PM.
10-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
support camera

Alpha 7 II(Ver 2.0 or higher)
Alpha 7 III
Alpha 7R II
Alpha 7R III
Alpha 7R IV
Alpha 7S III(AF was slow)
Alpha 7C
Alpha 9
Alpha 9 II
Alpha 6100
Alpha 6300
Alpha 6400
Alpha 6500
Alpha 6600
The specification says "Full-frame design, bringing more than 10 modern full-frame digital bodies for K-mount AF lenses" so it sounds ilke there are more than these 9 FF cameras supported. Or does this specification include K1 and K1 II?
Closed Thread