Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
"The adapter has a built-in aperture motor, which can support exposure aperture control"
" If the lens has an aperture ring, the aperture ring needs to be placed in the A position when using it"
You seems to have missed the first "fine print" above the one you quoted.

QuoteQuote:
*1: In the early days of the market, the adapter will mainly support early body-driven autofocus and traditional lever aperture lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series). In the future, support for lenses with built-in motors (SDM, DC) and electromagnetic iris lenses will be gradually added through the adapter firmware update. The specific support time will be notified separately; A and M series lenses before KAF are not supported by this adapter;
So only AF lenses are supported.

Last edited by Fogel70; 10-29-2020 at 06:24 AM.
10-29-2020, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The AF adapter looks a little on the thick side compared to its non-AF cousins. Does anyone know if it is glass-free?

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-29-2020 at 08:04 AM.
10-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
You seems to have missed the first "fine print" above the one you quoted.

So only AF lenses are supported.

only electromagnetic, like the dfa* 50mm 1.4 are not supported at the moment.
10-29-2020, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I would have to laugh if AF performance is better than that of Pentax bodies.....
Depends on how we define performance.

Pentax single AF is fast and very accurate.

Pentax tracking is lacking.

10-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Nope and I quote.

In the early days of the market, the adapter will mainly support early body-driven autofocus and traditional lever aperture lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series). In the future, support for lenses with built-in motors (SDM, DC) and electromagnetic iris lenses will be gradually added through the adapter firmware update.

By the way, I don't even see the two PowerZoom / in-lens AF motor contacts on the adapter.
10-29-2020, 08:16 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
By the way, I don't even see the two PowerZoom / in-lens AF motor contacts on the adapter.
They will be added with a firmware update
10-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
support camera

Alpha 7 II(Ver 2.0 or higher)
Alpha 7 III
Alpha 7R II
Alpha 7R III
Alpha 7R IV
Alpha 7S III(AF was slow)
Alpha 7C
Alpha 9
Alpha 9 II
Alpha 6100
Alpha 6300
Alpha 6400
Alpha 6500
Alpha 6600
so, does not support Alpha 6000?

10-29-2020, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I never thought I'd see such a creature. I've been dreaming of using my 300mm F* on an A7II body. Maybe even the 1.7x AF adapter. Yes, I have to have this.
10-29-2020, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nope and I quote.

In the early days of the market, the adapter will mainly support early body-driven autofocus and traditional lever aperture lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series). In the future, support for lenses with built-in motors (SDM, DC) and electromagnetic iris lenses will be gradually added through the adapter firmware update.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
They will be added with a firmware update
...and as we all know, firmware fixes are fast, easy, and free!

(...virtual AF motor contacts? No problem!...)

Steve
10-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

...and every other KAF4 and KAF3 lens.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-29-2020 at 08:54 AM.
10-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I am going out on limb here, but the price will probably be the same as a nice used Pentax camera body.
I wouldn't worry - that limb is solid...
10-29-2020, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Nope and I quote.

i'm just talking about aperture control, not af systems

their wording doesn't make a lot of sense... says not compatible with A lenses (which have an aperture pin) but is compatible with f, fa, da, dfa (which have aperture pin) except for electromagnetic aperture. that discrepancy aside, they repeatedly state it has aperture control.

>1. The world's first K-mount autofocus adapter ring. Let K-mount lenses realize auto focus and automatic exposure control on E-mount mirrorless cameras;
>The adapter has a built-in aperture motor, which can support exposure aperture control*2;
>*2: If the lens has an aperture ring, the aperture ring needs to be placed in the A position when using it. Otherwise, the adapter will enter MF mode and cannot auto focus;

pz contacts are recessed, the way it's positioned, you might not see them.
10-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The AF adapter looks a little on the thick side compared to its non-AF cousins. Does anyone know if it is glass-free?

Steve
I echo your question Steve ^^^^^^^^^ As with a lot of adapters, if they add a layer(s) of glass to the optical path, it usually isn't good news. With the adapter that thick as pictured, I would think it would HAVE to have something in there, otherwise you would loose infinity focus and it would act like a (25mm? or more from the looks of it?) extension tube.
Eric
10-29-2020, 10:00 AM - 3 Likes   #44

Great backup option in case Ricoh kills Pentax... or in case one wants to switch, but want to keep some favorite lenses.
10-29-2020, 10:08 AM - 2 Likes   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
I echo your question Steve ^^^^^^^^^ As with a lot of adapters, if they add a layer(s) of glass to the optical path, it usually isn't good news. With the adapter that thick as pictured, I would think it would HAVE to have something in there, otherwise you would loose infinity focus and it would act like a (25mm? or more from the looks of it?) extension tube.
Eric
Difference in flange distance is 27.46mm*, meaning that the mount adapter length and should be that long, overall, if the photos are correct. The distance from the flange to the bottom edge of the focus ring on the FA 77/1.8 is 25mm, so that might provide a reference.

Steve

* 45.46 - 18
Closed Thread