Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
I wonder why eh?
There are a fair number of PF members that shoot Sony E with vintage lenses. The addition of an AF option would be very attractive for them, though it is hard to say how well it will work and whether it will meet the needs of potential owners.

I expect that this thread will go silent pretty soon, particularly if the mods decide it belongs in the non-Pentax subforum where it should have originally been posted.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-30-2020 at 12:02 PM.
10-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #62
Forum Member

I doubt but is it a weather sealed adapter?
10-30-2020, 05:01 PM - 4 Likes   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been hoping for something like this for a while. It’s very encouraging seeing it come to light now.

I would use this for my collection of screw drive focus lenses, starting with my FA Limited lenses on down to my D-FA macro and FA zooms. In my case, I would not expect superior focusing speeds or tracking performance. All I would want is focusing accuracy. I would use native FE lenses when I require superior focusing speed and tracking.
10-30-2020, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I expect that this thread will go silent pretty soon, particularly if the mods decide it belongs in the non-Pentax subforum where it should have originally been posted.
Given that a mod closed the other thread and left this open I'm not sure about that.

10-31-2020, 01:47 AM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

I’d say that this is interesting, not only for guys who want MILC Sony and has Pentax lenses and want to have AF with them, but also for the honour of having such a adapter at all. There must be fair amount of Pentax users or people willing to buy Pentax lenses for Sony. Or other brands soon if this will pan out well. Some of Pentaxians could go dual system with out the absolutelly need for selling all. Unless they need money to make that change.

Bad thing would indeed be that price of used Pentax legazy things will go even higher(unless one is selling, I’m not).

Edit(I’m using adapters to use Pentax lenses with blackmagic to save money even if proper video lenses would fare better.)
10-31-2020, 02:44 AM - 4 Likes   #66
Pentaxian

Original Poster
K1+Laowa 100/2.8
Attached Images

10-31-2020, 04:28 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
K1+Laowa 100/2.8

I'm defintely on my way to China .....

Saying that, the weather we have at the moment rules out any type of macro whatsoever.

10-31-2020, 04:45 AM - 2 Likes   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
K1+Laowa 100/2.8
Thanks for the picture, however I think you posted it in the wrong thread.
10-31-2020, 07:48 AM   #69
Pentaxian

They are pitching a firmware update.

I don't see a delivery mechanism for that.
10-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
They are pitching a firmware update.

I don't see a delivery mechanism for that.
There might be an USB connector on the hidden side of the adapter or on its bottom.
11-01-2020, 05:30 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Someone thinks that an af adaptor for K-mount lenses to Sony A-mount cameras is needed, and they think they can make business with it. OK, nice to see this happen. The adaptor looks cheap, has a mount with recessed screws, .... support for modern lenses is not yet available.
Maybe the second iteration, or similar offering by the competition will be worthwhile.
11-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Thanks for the picture, however I think you posted it in the wrong thread.
indeed
11-01-2020, 06:19 AM   #73
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
If glassless and reasonably priced, very exciting indeed. I have had poor luck so far with manual adapters to a full-spectrum A7rii being light tight. So far 2 Fotodiox adapters (including 1 with aperture control), a K&F adapter, and a Gobe adapter all allow IR light into the body. The only adapter working well is the Fotodiox tilt/rokr for 67 lenses which works perfectly. Hoping this well made and functions as advertised.
IR light? Does it affect regular photography?

That new adapter is supposed to be ready by mid December.
11-01-2020, 07:04 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
IR light? Does it affect regular photography?
I still need to do some tests on some of the adapters -- the first fotodiox that has the aperture control mechanism did affect regular photography. Fotodiox replaced this one under warranty and it's replacement does not seem to affect regular photography but does allow IR light through the aperture control mechanism, but only in direct harsh sunlight, exactly when, of course one wants to practice IR. The regular Gobe and regular Fotodiox affect IR and regular photography and it seems to be right at the mount -- I can shield the lens at this point with my hand and stop the light leak so the problem may lies at either the mount of the lens to the adapter or of the adapter to the body -- I thought I had tested the Gobe throroughly and it had performed well, until I actually took it out for a real shoot. The leak only seems to happen with the sun in one particular orientation so I'll need to experiment some more -- maybe some black gaffers tape will solve the problem. I also have a Fotodiox tilt rokr for 67 lenses and this works perfectly in all situations and the 67 lenses are great for IR with virtually no hotspots till beyond f16. I also have a Fotodiox 67 to Canon to Sony E setup from my old Canon days and this works perfectly also.

Having written this out makes me realize I have to really set up a few tests on a sunny day and really figure out what's going on. Thanks for the question -- grabbing the Sony usually is only an afterthought when I think the light will be to harsh to shoot regular landscapes with the K-1 so I really haven't spent the time with it that I should.

Last edited by travelswsage; 11-01-2020 at 07:11 AM. Reason: grammar, addition
11-01-2020, 07:09 AM   #75

Will love if I ever upgrade from my broken K10D heh heh heh
Closed Thread