Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #76

Photos: Gallery
Will this be available in europe? I really want to switch over to Sony MILC while keeping my trusted K-S2 and Pentax glass. Perhaps this would help me out to make that transition.

11-01-2020, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This will make switching over to Sony bodies more attractive to those sitting on the fence....
11-01-2020, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Intriguing announcement. One could get a Sony body to exploit their video capabilities while still being able to fall back on Pentax bodies with the same K-mount lenses for stills-oriented work.
11-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Well, this sounds like a great option for someone like me who shoots mixed photos and video. I might have to jump ship on bodies at least, assuming this is at least a somewhat reasonable price.

11-01-2020, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There's no chance that this adapter's k-mount is uncrippled, is there? I mean, what's life without dreams, right?
11-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #81
Pentaxian

?

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
Intriguing announcement. One could get a Sony body to exploit their video capabilities while still being able to fall back on Pentax bodies with the same K-mount lenses for stills-oriented work.
Except the info indicates it's no go Video
11-01-2020, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Except the info indicates it's no go Video
Depends on the type of video work. For videographers who rely on manual focusing, it will be fine. But really no screw drive lens is good for video for one of the same reasons this adapter is unsuitable—noise. Power consumption is the other reason, but rendered moot by the first if using camera mounted mics. I suspect that more modern Pentax lenses will work fine—though power consumption may become a factor in this case.

11-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Depends on the type of video work. For videographers who rely on manual focusing, it will be fine. But really no screw drive lens is good for video for one of the same reasons this adapter is unsuitable—noise. Power consumption is the other reason, but rendered moot by the first if using camera mounted mics. I suspect that more modern Pentax lenses will work fine—though power consumption may become a factor in this case.
It's not optimized for video, but video might still be usable in some capacity (as neokind just explained)--especially for people looking to shoot in 4K, which Pentax hasn't supported until the K-3 III specifications came out.
11-01-2020, 09:38 PM - 7 Likes   #84
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Fa*300/2.8+a9
Attached Images

11-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #85
Veteran Member

For the Fuji shooters out there looking to adapt Pentax glass there is also this option:

Double Adapting Lenses to the PRONTO Fujifilm X Series Auto Focus Adapter - YouTube

Mind you this does not have any data transfer, it is purely moving the film plane much like a Contax AX. The benefits of this compared to the Sony adapter is that it will likely work for manual focus glass too.
11-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
It's not optimized for video, but video might still be usable in some capacity (as neokind just explained)--especially for people looking to shoot in 4K, which Pentax hasn't supported until the K-3 III specifications came out.
Dumb adapters can do video at probably 10percent of the price of this newby.

---------- Post added 11-02-20 at 03:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
For the Fuji shooters out there looking to adapt Pentax glass there is also this option:
They copied the TechArt Pro to adapt $ony,the TAP firmware updates the Fotodiox!

---------- Post added 11-02-20 at 03:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Fa*300/2.8+a9
So,whats price?Whens it released?Where are the YT videos doing demos?

Last edited by surfar; 11-01-2020 at 11:19 PM.
11-01-2020, 10:51 PM   #87
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Fa*300/2.8+a9
Weather Sealed?
That would be great if it is!
11-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Who holds the intellectual property for lens mounts?
11-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
They copied the TechArt Pro to adapt $ony,the TAP firmware updates the Fotodiox![COLOR="Silver"]
Wow, so a replica down to the bones apparently. How does the Techart perform on AF-C then?

I'm assuming that the dedicated PK-FE soon to be released by Monster will be better as there is data transfer and can possibly take advantage of the SDM motors of newer lenses.
11-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #90
Pentaxian

How does the Techart perform on AF-C then?
Mike,BigMack owns one,he isnt greatly enthusiastic last time it popped up in a thread.I dont own a $ony so can only pass on what Ive seen on YT and read.

I'm assuming that the dedicated PK-FE soon to be released by Monster will be better as there is data transfer and can possibly take advantage of the SDM motors of newer lenses.
The Newby caters for AF lenses so its a different thing,there are plenty of used $onys for K mount owners.I hope Newby works well for the people who buy it.Possibly a X mount in the future too?
Closed Thread