Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
You usually are!!!!!!
I'll do my best Thanks.

11-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
There's a Sony E to Nikon Z adapter that comes with AF and EXIF data transfer, so you can add Nikon to the list of options if you want.
Thanks. That's what I meant, we need to follow the news. My purchase is not expected until the end of next year. During this time, there will be many interesting things. You can buy popcorn. I recently watched the review, and then the files from the camera z6. I was very confused by the stable error of the white balance in sunny weather. I understand that an experienced fighter doesn't care about everything, but as it seems to me, it speaks of the camera's readiness for sales.
11-25-2020, 10:47 PM   #213
Veteran Member

I've been seeing a lot of people say that the Sony mount is easier to reverse engineer because they've released several adapters that have different feature sets of the mount, making isolating and testing particular parameters easy. Doesn't this logic also apply to the K mount considering the mount history?
11-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #214
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've been seeing a lot of people say that the Sony mount is easier to reverse engineer because they've released several adapters that have different feature sets of the mount, making isolating and testing particular parameters easy. Doesn't this logic also apply to the K mount considering the mount history?
I think it's because they have a licensing program or 'open mount' as some people call it. I think the K-mount is easy also, but the comparison is made because people are comparing new mirrorless cameras which don't have as many lenses as DLSRs. So the Nikon Z mount has many fewer third-party lenses and it is harder for third parties to do so. But you are right, probably some manufacturers just reverse engineer the mount from other third parties who bought a license...or something like that.

11-25-2020, 11:14 PM - 2 Likes   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yes, but on the on the other hand K-mount has a small user base, so it is a higher risk in investing R&D on a K-mount adapter. Nikon has an even older mount. But Canon EF is the easiest to make adapters for. All Canon EF lenses are eletronically controled, with no mechanical aperture control between camera and lens, and no screw drive AF. So AF adapters for Canon EF are less complex to design, and Canon also have the largest user base and most AF lenses out on the market.
11-26-2020, 05:16 AM   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Yes, but on the on the other hand K-mount has a small user base, so it is a higher risk in investing R&D on a K-mount adapter. Nikon has an even older mount. But Canon EF is the easiest to make adapters for. All Canon EF lenses are eletronically controled, with no mechanical aperture control between camera and lens, and no screw drive AF. So AF adapters for Canon EF are less complex to design, and Canon also have the largest user base and most AF lenses out on the market.
Good point. Having mechanical links requires adapters to house motors in what is usually very tight spaces...
11-26-2020, 06:24 AM - 2 Likes   #217
Pentaxian

Eagerly awaits!
I hope the people making the adapter are reading this thread!

12-11-2020, 04:24 AM - 1 Like   #218
Pentaxian

Short video showing how the Sony Alpha 9 + Monster Adapter LA-KE1 + smc Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited combo operates in Eye AF + AF tracking + high-speed burst mode:

Twitter
12-11-2020, 05:00 AM   #219

Photos: Gallery | Albums
not really clear what it shows?
Subject didn't move out of the depth plain?
12-11-2020, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #220
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
not really clear what it shows?
Subject didn't move out of the depth plain?
It shows the Eye AF and AF tracking working: when the girl turns around the little green square follows her proximal eye, then becomes bigger and follows her face / head when she turns more, then gets back to her eye when it becomes visible again, then changes eye when the other eye becomes the proximal one.

All that at full burst speed.
12-11-2020, 06:42 AM - 2 Likes   #221
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It shows the Eye AF and AF tracking working: when the girl turns around the little green square follows her proximal eye, then becomes bigger and follows her face / head when she turns more, then gets back to her eye when it becomes visible again, then changes eye when the other eye becomes the proximal one.

All that at full burst speed.
In other words, it shows that one of Sony's biggest strengths works when adapting Pentax lenses. That's quite something.
12-11-2020, 07:22 AM   #222
Pentaxian

Good point. Having mechanical links requires adapters to house motors in what is usually very tight spaces...
Which is probably why the Nikon FTZ adapter doesn’t provide screwdrive - and why that would be an issue for Pentax also if they were to go to MILC.
12-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #223
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm so looking ahead to this. I have just spent two days with the Sony A7rII using some of my Pentax lenses casually in my house in MF and manual aperture (even the DA one's due to the adapter I have): FA 31, DFA 100, DA* 60-250 and a lowly 28-70 Sigma UC f2.8-4. All seem serviceable... the DA* 60-250 is quite nice on the Sony particularly since the longest native FE lens I have is the 24-105 which is only a loaner.
12-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #224
Pentaxian

How does the DA* 60-250 fare on the Sony with regards to vignetting? Its FF coverage has been the subject of a great deal of speculation and testing, especially since it was originally fielded as an APS-C lens.
12-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #225

now, how far behind is Pentax in this?
Does such feature rely on on-sensor AF?
Closed Thread