Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I don't think the workhorses will get many votes. I love my 28-105 but I probably wouldn't consider it as a pinnacle of Pentax craftsmanship. First recommendation for a K-1 kit? You bet it, no second thoughts there whatsoever. But... it's a workhorse. It's dependable, and just so unremarkable, despite being an unsung hero of many trips for many people, I am certain.

But the key word is "unsung". It's not the lens that says "woah, Pentax has amazing glass". It's the lens that saves you when you don't know what to bring. Something something, not the hero we want but definitely the one we need .
Very, very true

11-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #122
Pentaxian

The lustworthy glass gets the votes, even if it doesn't as much use overall as the dull but dependable offerings.
11-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
The lustworthy glass gets the votes, even if it doesn't as much use overall as the dull but dependable offerings.
Personally, I may vote for the lenses I depend upon instead of for the ones I wish I had.
It may all depend upon how @Adam; arranges the pairings.
The ‘fun’ starts in just another week.

Last edited by reh321; 11-23-2020 at 07:54 PM.
11-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With me, it will be my favourite, irrespective of whether or not it is a "top" lens although, I think my 35mm f2.8 limited is just fabulous. Guess where my vote will be going

11-25-2020, 08:41 PM   #125
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Welcome to Pentax Forums.

QuoteOriginally posted by preposterushope Quote
For the third time I’m writing here, in complete confusion as to how to make a valid post.

Try engaging in one of the many discussions?

You're new here, so maybe hop on over to the introductory forum and introduce yourself? Perhaps you have some photos you might like to share in the post your photos forum. There are plenty of thematic threads to share photos in too.
11-29-2020, 04:53 PM   #126
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As a reminder everyone: the final day to enter the raffle starts in just 8 minutes!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As a reminder everyone: the final day to enter the raffle starts in just 8 minutes!
and then you will explain the December rules!?

Last edited by reh321; 11-29-2020 at 05:53 PM.
11-29-2020, 06:26 PM   #128
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
not surprisingly, I have posted each day - 30 for 30

very equal contest imho

is there a free t shirt in my future ?
11-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
not surprisingly, I have posted each day - 30 for 30

very equal contest imho

is there a free t shirt in my future ?
That makes two of us, I've managed each day. Here's hoping for the K-70 (am I even eligible, now that I think about it? I did get a t-shirt last year after all )

Now, about that "best lens" contest... I'm interested in seeing how it's gonna look like this time.
11-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Now, about that "best lens" contest... I'm interested in seeing how it's gonna look like this time.
Well, the instructions are out now
Announcing the PF December 2020 Lens Tournament - PentaxForums.com
I just hope it doesn't devolve into another "best photo" contest.
11-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Well, the instructions are out now
Announcing the PF December 2020 Lens Tournament - PentaxForums.com
I just hope it doesn't devolve into another "best photo" contest.
I'm afraid it looks like it will. Thankfully the lens giveaway will be done separately to the lens choice
11-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I'm afraid it looks like it will. Thankfully the lens giveaway will be done separately to the lens choice
If the choice is one of those lenses like the DFA* 50mm that produces perfect corner-to-corner sharpness, but requires a small army of Sherpas to carry it on a hike, I simply won’t enter that drawing either
{I did qualify for most, if not all, of the drawings, but I couldn’t think of a use for a K-70, so I just didn’t bother to enter the ‘drawing’ thread}.
11-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the choice is one of those lenses like the DFA* 50mm that produces perfect corner-to-corner sharpness, but requires a small army of Sherpas to carry it on a hike, I simply won’t enter that drawing either
{I did qualify for most, if not all, of the drawings, but I couldn’t think of a use for a K-70, so I just didn’t bother to enter the ‘drawing’ thread}.
I know someone who is really enthusiastic but only has a really old pentax DSLR, I can't remember if it is a K10d, if I get the K70, it will probably go there. As for the lens, as it will go to an existing pentaxian, you're probably morally OK to trade it in for something you would use. I think, if I won the lens, and the odds once again are against it, I would probably keep it, for a while at least just to play with something I would never have the money to buy. I absolutely love small limited lenses on my KP and like you I wouldn't really want any form of bazooka
12-01-2020, 01:48 AM - 6 Likes   #134
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
With the K-70 raffle now closed, I will announce the winners tomorrow!

Based on how well this giveaway went, I'm thinking maybe we should squeeze in another before Christmas. Maybe for an even nicer camera or lens?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2020, 02:11 AM   #135
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . I couldn’t think of a use for a K-70, so I just didn’t bother to enter the ‘drawing’ thread}.
couldn't find a use for a t shirt ?