Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Bluetooth Low Energy has a range of 10m.
That is pretty whimpy compared using an RF dongle, but still a big improvement over IR in full sun.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-01-2020 at 01:39 PM.
11-02-2020, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine Still Works!

A couple weeks ago I was loading film into my MZ-S and noticed the camera strap had a lump.
I never noticed prior that my Japan sourced eBay camera had the original strap still holding the black plastic
eye cover on one side and a remote on the other. So I attached my battery grip to the camera and the darn thing
still had a battery charge! So I got myself a new battery and I am good to go with a good as new remote.
11-06-2020, 02:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hey, nice !
11-10-2020, 02:05 AM   #19
Pentaxian

These old straps definitely where more functional. It is unfortunate they had to remove the pockets to save a few cents.
Nowadays i usually do not have the eye piece cover or remote with me when I need them.

Attached Images

11-10-2020, 05:08 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
These old straps definitely where more functional. It is unfortunate they had to remove the pockets to save a few cents.
Nowadays i usually do not have the eye piece cover or remote with me when I need them.
haha I had no idea those were pockets!
11-10-2020, 05:59 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Read about those but never saw one. Cool strap !
11-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
haha I had no idea those were pockets!
Perhaps that's why they removed them, very few people figured it out

11-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Perhaps that's why they removed them, very few people figured it out
I have wondered about them. Figured you might attach some strap/string/loop that would fall into those holes and dangle annoingly as you walk.
11-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
With dual sd card slots in the K3 and K1, I’d much rather have the slot for my Remote F in the battery grip than a spare card holder. Could never fully understand deleting that.
Being able to keep the remote in the battery grip is perfect for people like me that have lost two of them. Any new remote really need a way to attach it to a strap via a tie or make them really cheap so it will be easy to replace
11-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dave_roe Quote
Being able to keep the remote in the battery grip is perfect for people like me that have lost two of them. Any new remote really need a way to attach it to a strap via a tie or make them really cheap so it will be easy to replace
That's a pretty neat pair of pockets on that strap; I just checked my MZ-S and saw the pockets on its strap. I wonder if they buried the description of the pockets somewhere within the rather thick MZ-S owner's manual. If I had known about this feature, I might still have my eyepiece cover.