Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 434 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2020, 04:45 AM - 1 Like   #271
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Indeed, a fun diversion but let's get back on topic.
More like, a suggestion to split it out into a separate thread if that's something mods can do.

11-26-2020, 05:12 AM   #272
Veteran Member

Anyone notice the small bump besides the mount, above the SR sticker? Seems like a strange place to put a bump unless for a specific reason.
11-26-2020, 05:17 AM   #273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
Anyone notice the small bump besides the mount, above the SR sticker? Seems like a strange place to put a bump unless for a specific reason.
There is one on the KP, it could be to make space for something inside. Like you say, it would be a strange addition if there wasnt as reason for it
11-26-2020, 05:25 AM   #274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
That is glorious! Are you going to copy the curves on the K3 or go for the sloping KP style?
Initially when I got the KP I wasn't happy with the small grip.... so I ordered the large one.... and didn't like that.... so started to make this wood one.... but I ended up getting a medium grip and sorta got use to it..... so didn't finish the wood one.... I was originally looking for it to be more K3 like.... but now I might progress it as more KP ish but with some bling. To be honest I'm struggling getting a good fit with the KP body.... but haven't stuffed it yet..... was looking to epoxy mold it to the camera as gar as fit goes.

For me... it took me a while to accept the KP as a KP.... and not look for it to be K3/5 ish in hand.

11-26-2020, 05:31 AM   #275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Initially when I got the KP I wasn't happy with the small grip.... so I ordered the large one.... and didn't like that.... so started to make this wood one.... but I ended up getting a medium grip and sorta got use to it..... so didn't finish the wood one.... I was originally looking for it to be more K3 like.... but now I might progress it as more KP ish but with some bling. To be honest I'm struggling getting a good fit with the KP body.... but haven't stuffed it yet..... was looking to epoxy mold it to the camera as gar as fit goes.

For me... it took me a while to accept the KP as a KP.... and not look for it to be K3/5 ish in hand.
Epoxy mold to get the shape or to fix it permanently? (That would be a big call) I like the medium and i like the battery grip with the large one but i still prefer the grip on my K3. This is why it would be nice, given the fact it is swapable, to have more options like the KP-J grip. Even a plastic version would do

Did you edit while i was writing? Lol i do that i used the KP with the smallest and my 21mm limited. That was actually really nice. I dont want a K3 clone, just maybe something that hung from my fingertips a little more securely
11-26-2020, 05:42 AM   #276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
The bump is needed for the aperture motor. It covers the plate that the screw goes through to attach the motor to the mount.
11-26-2020, 05:44 AM   #277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
The bump is needed for the aperture motor. It covers the plate that the screw goes through to attach the motor to the mount.
Thanks. I just checked some other aps-cs and I see that it's quite common. Maybe I've just gotten too used to looking at my K-1

11-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #278

won't pay the equal amout to 200.000 yen for that. When GPS is not on board then its far too expensive, given the fact that the K1 has GPS and it's priced at 300.000 or some more, about 2400 Euro. 1500 is far too much...
Also have to mention that the USB ports of the IST.DL2 and the K50 is the biggest weakness in that cam. It just breaks when used often. Hope Pentax will fix that in the K3 mark 3 too... at least the USB 3.2 / type c plug will give the ability for a quick charge which wasn't possible with the micro USB2 port
11-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #279
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ojutan Quote
When GPS is not on board then its far too expensive, given the fact that the K1 has GPS and it's priced at 300.000 or some more, about 2400 Euro. 1500 is far too much...
The K-1 is also "FF".
Some people will gain from what the K-1 offers them, and others will have absolutely no use for it.
11-26-2020, 05:20 PM - 2 Likes   #280
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

won't pay the equal amout to 200.000 yen for that. When GPS is not on board then its far too expensive, given the fact that the K1 has GPS and it's priced at 300.000 or some more, about 2400 Euro. 1500 is far too much...
Each to his or her own. I won't deny it's an expensive camera, if the release price is close to what's been rumoured... but, personally, I think it's awfully early to be judging what the camera is worth until we know what it's capable of. As for comparisons with the K-1, they're such different cameras with different advantages and disadvantages in terms of format and performance that I really don't see the point - but, again, each to their own. If it's not for you, that's fine

Also have to mention that the USB ports of the IST.DL2 and the K50 is the biggest weakness in that cam. It just breaks when used often. Hope Pentax will fix that in the K3 mark 3 too... at least the USB 3.2 / type c plug will give the ability for a quick charge which wasn't possible with the micro USB2 port
I've not read of anyone having problems with their USB ports on the older cameras, which leads me to think it's not a common thing and far from the biggest weakness (how about battery contacts on the *ist DL2 and aperture control block on the K-50?). Do you have links or references to bulk evidence that suggests it has been a significant issue for a large number of owners? Either way, the *ist DL2 is really long in the tooth now - 14 years old, in fact - while the much younger K-50 is still no toddler at 7 years old. Neither was a "flagship level" camera like the K-5, K-3 or forthcoming K-3III. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume the USB port on this new model is pretty robust...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-27-2020 at 02:45 AM.
11-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #281
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
All the lenses have increased in price ( in Aus ) over the last couple of years so why would a camera not be any different.
A DSLR/SLR camera has always been a premium product ( go check a 70's price list against what you were earning at the time ) nothing has changed.

Dave
11-26-2020, 11:25 PM   #282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
All the lenses have increased in price ( in Aus ) over the last couple of years so why would a camera not be any different.
A DSLR/SLR camera has always been a premium product ( go check a 70's price list against what you were earning at the time ) nothing has changed.

Dave
I undertook that exercise a while back, and concluded that the real price of my K-1 wasn’t a lot different from the price I paid for my Spotmatic-F, new in 1974, adjusting for the official inflation figures over that time.

I still have that SP-F, by the way, but I don’t expect to be the owner of my K-1 in 46 years time.
11-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regarding price, I will be surprised if it is £1900. Lumix have just released a new full frame at that price point making me think it would be prudent to aim around £1750. Of course it all depends on a) the cost of materials, the new pentaprism won't be cheap, & 2) just how much their research thinks they can winkle out of us. We all know that items are priced depending more on the market than the manufacturing costs.this is why things in the UK are often more expensive. We are seen as a lucrative market that can take a higher price. That is why, even with duty, it is often cheaper to buy from another country! I love living in the UK, .... but sometimes I don't :0/
11-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #284
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Though when I read "video centric", I read it as "does 4K", not that Ricoh would start chasing Panasonic, Sony, and Canon in high end video from stills cameras.
If they just played on the same field, regarding videos, many people would improve their vision about Pentax's relevance.
11-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually in my country the price is 2000 Euro . Probably the same price is in all EU