Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 434 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2020, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
A nit pick design wise is how the eye piece, bit with the hot shoe, comes out of the prism. It's an unfortunate reversal of the design principle of removal that the rest of the body is visually based on. The eye piece has a language of addition or insertion. A bit odd.
I feel absolutely sure that your sense of design aesthetics is several levels above my own - but from a practical point of view, I think this particular design detail is going to keep my lcd screen free of face marks. Which... well, I expect I will enjoy. And it will save the environment a tonne of used optical wipes, over the years!

11-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mixalis_kalymnos1611 Quote
Idk why but I don’t like that silver color on any camera... black is the real deal. What a nice looking camera..
When my silver KP arrived, my wife at first mistook it for the "Super Program" I purchased in 1983.
It has the same aesthetics - and there is no reason to think the silver version of this camera doesn't also swim against the tide created by Canon's T90.
11-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #78
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With in-camera charging, will the usb port charge both the battery in the camera body and one in the bg-8 grip when it is mounted on the camera?
11-14-2020, 08:39 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm sticking with my K-3 & K-3II for now... probably several years, even... but I suspect those of us who shun early adoption will begin to feel the tug of temptation once the camera is reviewed and we read the conclusions. Big, bright viewfinder... All those AF points (and better AF)... fast continuous shooting (for a DSLR)... new sensor and even better IQ than the impressive KP... There's a lot of improvement going on inside.

The K-3II is still extremely capable and as handsome in its own way, I'd agree - but the capabilities of the new camera are going to be hard to ignore. Only financial prudence - given how well my K-3 serves me already - prevents me from wanting a K-3III soon after release
Eh, I'm not particularly tempted by shiny new things. It's the shiny old things that catch my eye, like my wife some nice film-era lenses.

11-14-2020, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
With in-camera charging, will the usb port charge both the battery in the camera body and one in the bg-8 grip when it is mounted on the camera?
The first one to give the correct answer with a link to an appropriate source wins a lollipop!
11-14-2020, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #81
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Eh, I'm not particularly tempted by shiny new things. It's the shiny old things that catch my eye, like my wife some nice film-era lenses.
Me neither... But... But... BIG viewfinder!!! New sensor!!!!

Who am I kidding? My Samsung GX-10s (all four three of them) and K10D are my favourite cameras...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-14-2020 at 09:26 AM.
11-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #82

LOL, the first thing I noticed were how crappy the pictures of the camera were. Geeze, they didn't have a photographer to help them?

11-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The first one to give the correct answer with a link to an appropriate source wins a lollipop!
Not fighting for the lollipop, but if I would be in charge I would give the grip it's own USB port. Thus it could function as an external battery charger if not attached.

However, the manual will tell us how it is.
11-14-2020, 11:09 AM - 2 Likes   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If I'm going to spend a small fortune I might as well get a silver one.
11-14-2020, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #85
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
If I'm going to spend a small fortune I might as well get a silver one.
Spending a small fortune, maybe Ricoh should do a gold one
11-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm sticking with my K-3 & K-3II for now... probably several years, even... but I suspect those of us who shun early adoption will begin to feel the tug of temptation once the camera is reviewed and we read the conclusions. Big, bright viewfinder... All those AF points (and better AF)... fast continuous shooting (for a DSLR)... new sensor and even better IQ than the impressive KP... There's a lot of improvement going on inside.

The K-3II is still extremely capable and as handsome in its own way, I'd agree - but the capabilities of the new camera are going to be hard to ignore. Only financial prudence - given how well my K-3 serves me already - prevents me from wanting a K-3III soon after release
Likewise, I have the KP and K3 so I have K3 rugged, trippy gorgeousness and KP with its modern style and fabulous IQ, so, my gas is firmly under control. If I got a windfall it would go on a K1ii first
11-14-2020, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Dusel Quote
LOL, the first thing I noticed were how crappy the pictures of the camera were. Geeze, they didn't have a photographer to help them?
I’m much more interested in quality of the images than skill in using it.
11-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #88
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Except for one which I wouldn't mention, all Pentax cameras are gorgeous looking and well balanced. But I like the the way the KP looks. I don't have one but for me, I think it's most gorgeous looking of them all.
11-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Spending a small fortune, maybe Ricoh should do a gold one
A nice gold unit. Trump would approve.
11-14-2020, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #90
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Dusel Quote
It's been shot by Dekra not Pentax! xD