Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2020, 04:55 AM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I'm sorry guys, I just can't get excited about a new release straight out of the Pentax cave that doesn't include some type of articulating flippy screen!
It's the one feature that I absolutely have to have on any camera. I can live without on-board Flash dual card slots and other features, but not a flippy screen.
Even though there's going to be some slick new goodies ,I have zero excitement over this camera for that one simple reason , and I think Pentax has made a huge Monumental mistake!
I can see both sides of the flippy screen debate. However pentax best crop dslr and best dslr currently have one, and suspect the next one after that will too.

11-16-2020, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Fair enough. I checked and they both have the K1 and the KP.
K1 & KP seems to be a really popular combo as soon as I win the lottery, I will be joining them
11-16-2020, 05:14 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Veteran Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Sandy will get one...... I think I see silver in his future...... and a grip even...... no no... maybe it is black.... oh... he's bought two....
11-16-2020, 06:41 AM   #124
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
The problem is that 1900 is a really really big hole. I'm one of those on the fence: interested in the camera for AF, burst depth, and connectivity which will make studio work faster. But I'll wait until reviews and lower prices before deciding.
It is a lot of money, but probably worth it for those who need (rather than simply want) the specification, features and performance, and are fully committed to K-mount.

I'm only guessing, but I think many folks will have a conscious or subconscious limit of $1,500 in mind, give or take a little, and I suspect that's roughly where the price needs to be for the K-3III to sell in reasonable volume. Once the initial orders - from folks who truly need the camera and those for whom money (at least this kind of money) isn't a significant concern - are fulfilled, the price will come down. How far remains to be seen, but - as with any product - it's we, the market, who will eventually define the "correct" price through demand...

11-16-2020, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
It is a lot of money, but probably worth it for those who need (rather than simply want) the specification, features and performance, and are fully committed to K-mount.

I'm only guessing, but I think many folks will have a conscious or subconscious limit of $1,500 in mind, give or take a little, and I suspect that's roughly where the price needs to be for the K-3III to sell in reasonable volume. Once the initial orders - from folks who truly need the camera and those for whom money (at least this kind of money) isn't a significant concern - are fulfilled, the price will come down. How far remains to be seen, but - as with any product - it's we, the market, who will eventually define the "correct" price through demand...
Im hopeful that the price will around 1499.00, perhaps if I repeat that number enough times Ricoh will just think that is the price. I bought both the K-5 and K-3 as soon as they came out and the K-3 was a significant upgrade in many ways to the K-5 yet is was somehow much cheaper at onset. Like you said, the market determines the price.
11-16-2020, 12:44 PM - 3 Likes   #126
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Im hopeful that the price will around 1499.00, perhaps if I repeat that number enough times Ricoh will just think that is the price. I bought both the K-5 and K-3 as soon as they came out and the K-3 was a significant upgrade in many ways to the K-5 yet is was somehow much cheaper at onset. Like you said, the market determines the price.
You'll be able to buy a new K-3III for $1,499 or even less - I personally guarantee it. What I can't guarantee is when you'll be able to buy it for that. Maybe 2022, maybe 2026 or even later... but that time will come
11-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #127
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I doubt Ricoh will release the K3iii to market in any major sales area without doing a full acceptable price analysis first. With that, I think the 200k + yen indicated was probably just a first estimate and subject to change on release.

11-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #128
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
I doubt Ricoh will release the K3iii to market in any major sales area without doing a full acceptable price analysis first. With that, I think the 200k + yen indicated was probably just a first estimate and subject to change on release.
They also won't kill K1ii sales by pricing it too close to the K1ii.
11-16-2020, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #129
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Sandy will get one...... I think I see silver in his future...... and a grip even...... no no... maybe it is black.... oh... he's bought two....
I hope you didn't break the crystal ball!
11-16-2020, 03:34 PM - 4 Likes   #130
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

They also won't kill K1ii sales by pricing it too close to the K1ii.
I suspect that those who are wanting a 24x36mm format camera will not be confused by a high performance APS-C camera in the same price range.

Steve
11-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I suspect that those who are wanting a 24x36mm format camera will not be confused by a high performance APS-C camera in the same price range.

Steve
Oh I think you might be surprised.
11-16-2020, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve
Never underestimate the power of shiny and new! I have been sidetracked a few times
11-16-2020, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #133
Veteran Member

Korejanai K-x
I was on the fence before but if they made a k-3iii with these colours I'd be all over it.
11-16-2020, 06:57 PM - 6 Likes   #134
Pentaxian

Does getting a windfall mean losing control of your gas?
Tog takes big gear out,
finds nothing to photograph,
head and purse empty.

(Just a haiku, nothing personal!)
11-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
Tog takes big gear out,
finds nothing to photograph,
head and purse empty.