Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Probably that's why they still avoided some key subjects (e.g. autofocus and image quality) in the Product Stories published so far
Very good description of the key points. But for me there is another question that probably will define my decision to buy KIII-3 or not to buy it. It is -Will I be able to use the viewfinder - because of the small range of diopter correction in + direction.

12-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #197
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
Very good description of the key points. But for me there is another question that probably will define my decision to buy KIII-3 or not to buy it. It is -Will I be able to use the viewfinder - because of the small range of diopter correction in + direction.
I'm using glasses - having astigmatism, the diopter correction doesn't work for me.
12-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm using glasses - having astigmatism, the diopter correction doesn't work for me.
True, the diopter adjustment will do absolutely nothing to help astigmatism. Fortunately mine is helped with glasses and they do not hinder my use of the viewfinder.
12-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So release the dang thing already, jeez...this has got to be the LONGEST product introduction in history.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........!

Come on, Pentax!

Stay safe, everybody.

Cheers,
Cameron

12-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Focus Focus Focus

I am waiting to see how they will have improved the focusing ability. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.
12-18-2020, 01:26 PM   #201
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
So release the dang thing already, jeez...this has got to be the LONGEST product introduction in history.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........!

Come on, Pentax!

Stay safe, everybody.

Cheers,
Cameron
"Longest in history".. I doubt it

6 months late maybe which is out of Ricohs control.
12-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
True, the diopter adjustment will do absolutely nothing to help astigmatism. Fortunately mine is helped with glasses and they do not hinder my use of the viewfinder.
I for one am happy that Ricoh/Pentax has a -4 diopter correction as I am maxed out with the -2.5 correction on my K-3 with the O-ME53 magnifying eye cup.

12-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........!

Come on, Pentax!

Stay safe, everybody.

Cheers,
Cameron
Well the K1 was over a year late. Something about an earthquake and a typhoon. By the time it was released it was already somewhat dated. Still well worth the wait in my books.
12-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
because of the small range of diopter correction in + direction
Yes - I was intrigued by that - maybe somebody more optically literate than me can comment, but I wondered whether it wasn't made less necessary by the relief of the eyepiece - like it might be easier for short sighted glasses wearers to use with their glasses on?
12-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........!

Come on, Pentax!

Stay safe, everybody.

Cheers,
Cameron
Eh, Cyberpunk 2077 got an announcement trailer in 2012, a full-sized trailer in 2018 and it came out last week. The K-33 is nothing in comparison
12-18-2020, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Yes - I was intrigued by that - maybe somebody more optically literate than me can comment, but I wondered whether it wasn't made less necessary by the relief of the eyepiece - like it might be easier for short sighted glasses wearers to use with their glasses on?
I have myopia (nearsighted) which requires a negative diopter setting in my glasses to correct the problem. With a greater negative diopter adjustment it makes it easier to manually focus a lens for nearsighted photographers when not using their glasses or to verify proper autofocus when not using glasses. The total adjustment range is greater with the K-3III than with the K-3 series, K-1 series or the KP. Photographers who are farsighted probably don't need as great a positive adjustment range.

BTW, I hate using a DSLR while wearing glasses.
12-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How in the heck can you walk straight with astigmatism correction? I got new glasses earlier in the year and was prescribed a right eye "cylinder" correction and I damn near fell down every time I wore my new glasses had to go back to standard correction rather than a "cylinder" correction.
12-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
And that is the issue. From all angles, outside of the Pentax Product Stories series, they've seemingly done nothing. At least in North America. Europe and Japan seem to fare better though.
Consider that Pentax doesn't want to get involved in the lunatic hamster wheel that comes from having a large market share. The big three manufacturers of cameras are finding themselves waist deep in doodoo because of the go bug or go home mentality that permeates the North American mindset.
The mindset that if you aren't the biggest player in the market you are a loser has killed more than one business.
The big three are dying because they have built a business model based on volume sales.
Now their market is shrinking quickly with absolutely no possibility of a quick turnaround, and they are in a big mess.
Sometimes spending big money on advertising is a fools game.
12-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #209
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Consider that Pentax doesn't want to get involved in the lunatic hamster wheel that comes from having a large market share. The big three manufacturers of cameras are finding themselves waist deep in doodoo because of the go bug or go home mentality that permeates the North American mindset.
The mindset that if you aren't the biggest player in the market you are a loser has killed more than one business.
The big three are dying because they have built a business model based on volume sales.
Now their market is shrinking quickly with absolutely no possibility of a quick turnaround, and they are in a big mess.
Sometimes spending big money on advertising is a fools game.
Shrinking markets, shrinking number of print publications, too many models to justify should mean an interesting meeting where the marketing departments explain their return on investment.
12-19-2020, 12:34 AM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Eh, Cyberpunk 2077 got an announcement trailer in 2012, a full-sized trailer in 2018 and it came out last week. The K-33 is nothing in comparison
And now cyberpunk has been pulled because it keeps crashing! Lol, clearly they were working on that all this time!