Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2021, 11:59 PM   #301
Pentaxian

PRIOLITE had been the first radio flash provider for Pentax SLRs.
They where also pioneering the "walkabout" and cable-less interchageable and solidly build battery torchs.
Unfortunately, they disappeared about 2 years ago...

01-12-2021, 06:22 AM   #302
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
The aperture set at the lens still needs to be closed by the camera, and this is what I wonder about: how to do that when there is neither a mechanical coupler nor an electronic contact?
But that question already applies to the green button I admit. To make it work properly, the aperture must be closed down by the camera.
For anything before KAF4 lenses, the camera body always uses the big lever to open - then shut down - the lens. The question is in how shutting down is stopped. On lenses with aperture rings not set to ‘A’, the lens itself stops it; otherwise, the body stops it either via a stepper motor or via a solenoid.
01-13-2021, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #303
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
P-TTL has not seen any improvements regarding functionality in a long while. Pentax would have quite some development at their hands to produce a useful radio-based system.
This is exactly the reason why I advocate an overhaul of the Pentax flash system. Maybe it is because I, unlike other Pentax users, employ on and off camera flashes extensively over the last 35 years. Except when shooting aircraft, my Pentax camera often has a flash mounted even at noon time.
I have tried various 3rd party flash system and had not really been impressed with them. The only 1 I like is the old Metz system but even its wireless trigger is not available for Pentax. Furthermore, most of these 3rd party flashes are not WR.
Basically I would like to have 1 system to use for both on and off camera instead of maintaining 2 or more systems. I would like to stick to Pentax everything if possible. That means camera, lens, flash, remote, etc.
01-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #304
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
This is exactly the reason why I advocate an overhaul of the Pentax flash system. Maybe it is because I, unlike other Pentax users, employ on and off camera flashes extensively over the last 35 years. Except when shooting aircraft, my Pentax camera often has a flash mounted even at noon time.
I have tried various 3rd party flash system and had not really been impressed with them. The only 1 I like is the old Metz system but even its wireless trigger is not available for Pentax. Furthermore, most of these 3rd party flashes are not WR.
Basically I would like to have 1 system to use for both on and off camera instead of maintaining 2 or more systems. I would like to stick to Pentax everything if possible. That means camera, lens, flash, remote, etc.
I tried various variations of flash systems over the years, but could never get anything that I was happy with.
The graceful high ISO performance my KP provides more than meets my needs, so my flash equipment now sits in our closet gathering dust.

01-14-2021, 08:54 PM   #305
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
I'm happy with the Acon and Cactus triggers I use, SBC, with Pentax P-TTL and HSS. I also own a Godox strobe I can shoot in HSS but not with P-TTL.