Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by exnito Quote
Hi
how many photos do you have in total ?
You can see the latest count at the top of this page:
Pentax Forums Giveaways - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi,

I used the name of the lens for the post title, as in I copied it from the link. Lazy!

The subject of the photo seemed so obvious that I didn't think it needed to be in the title.

Stan
12-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wa2kqy Quote
Hi,

I used the name of the lens for the post title, as in I copied it from the link. Lazy!

The subject of the photo seemed so obvious that I didn't think it needed to be in the title.

Stan
I was even more lazy, using something like "Contest Entry" as the title.
The important part - photo and lens ID - are in the body.
12-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can see the latest count at the top of this page:
Pentax Forums Giveaways - PentaxForums.com
As I read it, we have had 27 nominations so far - not nearly enough for a real contest of the "top 20".

12-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
As I read it, we have had 27 nominations so far - not nearly enough for a real contest of the "top 20".
Yes, quite disappointing so far. The november raffle seems to have taken its toll on the posters.
12-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Yes, quite disappointing so far. The november raffle seems to have taken its toll on the posters.
Time remains for more nominations, but members need to look through old images - or take more now - and submit them.

Last edited by reh321; 12-05-2020 at 08:34 AM.
12-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m having difficulty finding a good image and selecting only one lens.

12-04-2020, 11:12 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah. very difficult to pick just one lens.

I was just musing.
The first stage, is based on how many times a certain lens get nominated.

If so, by guesstimate, lenses that not many pple have (or had), will have much lesser chance of going to second stage (since it has got to be a lens one has or had)

Results will be very interesting.
12-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I’m having difficulty finding a good image and selecting only one lens.
Choosing a lens for me was easy, finding a cracking image was more of a challenge. Every every pic I chose came from something else lol
12-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Choosing a lens for me was easy, finding a cracking image was more of a challenge. Every every pic I chose came from something else lol
Again, this is supposed to be a test of the lens - not a photography exhibit of some sort. A photo of a backlit brick wall would show sharpness and many sorts of distortion.

Incidentally - we are now up to 37 submissions.
12-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So essentially, this is just a thread whereby someone may post a photo they have taken with a lens they like but may no longer have, and the winner will be the photo voted as the best? What does the photographer of the winning photo win in this contest? Is there even a prize?
12-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
So essentially, this is just a thread whereby someone may post a photo they have taken with a lens they like but may no longer have, and the winner will be the photo voted as the best? What does the photographer of the winning photo win in this contest? Is there even a prize?
In theory, this is a contest of lenses; if I understand Adam's explanation correctly, if five people nominate a lens, five photographs will be associated with that one lens, and we will vote for the lens which produces the 'best' photographs. Afterwards, there will be a separate 'raffle' for the lens itself. In theory, this is not a 'photography' contest per se, so no prize was specified for nominating a lens.
12-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Again, this is supposed to be a test of the lens - not a photography exhibit of some sort. A photo of a backlit brick wall would show sharpness and many sorts of distortion.

Incidentally - we are now up to 37 submissions.
The image I selected show the lenses ability to capture detail, that's why I chose it, but to be honest, no one is going to enter a poor image especially as the final selection (ones with the most votes) will be shown to all. I love the lens I have chosen and would like it to win, it won't, but I would like it to, so I have chosen what I believe to be a cracking image, albeit, as you suggested, quite a technical one
12-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #59

I really like Pentax 150-450mm, It´s easy to handle. It fits good on my K-5II, K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1. I hope it wil fit K-3III as well. The 150-450 is sharp i focus is good to. I use it for Insects and bird + Motorsport.
12-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogart Quote
I really like Pentax 150-450mm, It´s easy to handle. It fits good on my K-5II, K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1. I hope it wil fit K-3III as well. The 150-450 is sharp i focus is good to. I use it for Insects and bird + Motorsport.
So, did you show us by nominating it??
It needs to be in the top 20 nominations by count to be considered.