Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Since its November 30th My Nomination is in, didn't have to think much about it at all.
Where???
I didn't even know Adam was accepting them yet until I read Adam's announcement a few more times.
Going to the submission thread a few minutes ago, I didn't see anything.

Attached Images

Last edited by reh321; 11-30-2020 at 07:11 PM.
11-30-2020, 07:14 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
If the grand prize, like last time, is the winning lens, we need to ensure the FA* 250-600mm wins...
According to Adam's instructions, we are supposed to score the images, and he will probably insure that we don't know which lens goes with which image.
11-30-2020, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
If the grand prize, like last time, is the winning lens, we need to ensure the FA* 250-600mm wins...
I think I'd rather have the 200 macro tbh.
11-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Where???
I didn't even know Adam was accepting them yet until I read Adam's announcement a few more times.
Going to the submission thread a few minutes ago, I didn't see anything.
Here is where it is posted and according to what Adam posted it began 11/30/20.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/209-2020-pentax-lens-tournament/416322-m...-ed-dc-aw.html

11-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

According to Adam's instructions, we are supposed to score the images, and he will probably insure that we don't know which lens goes with which image.
I really don't see how that will work as you have to post a link to the Lens you are nominating as well as an image but we need to let Adam figure that out.
11-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I really don't see how that will work as you have to post a link to the Lens you are nominating as well as an image but we need to let Adam figure that out.
I may have to nominate some lens just to see how it works at this end.
At the other end, I assume he'll allow only the information through that he wants.
11-30-2020, 08:25 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I think I'd rather have the 200 macro tbh.
If you won that 250-600, you could sell it at a bargain price and buy not only the FA* 200/4 Macro, but also a K-1 to mount it on.

11-30-2020, 08:29 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I may have to nominate some lens just to see how it works at this end.
At the other end, I assume he'll allow only the information through that he wants.
Well, its pretty simple decide which lens then check the database and post a link as well as an image taken with the lens. I think Adam will decide from among the nominated lens photos which he will use as the "example" image for each particular lens nominated. For instance I expect the lens I nominated to be nominated several times with several different images he will, I assume have to decided which image to represent the lens......or maybe he will just post all photos and let votes decide.
11-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Well, its pretty simple decide which lens then check the database and post a link as well as an image taken with the lens. I think Adam will decide from among the nominated lens photos which he will use as the "example" image for each particular lens nominated. For instance I expect the lens I nominated to be nominated several times with several different images he will, I assume have to decided which image to represent the lens......or maybe he will just post all photos and let votes decide.
Well, we can either experiment, or else @Adam; can tell us what he is going to do.
I had been assuming that the first nominating image is the one that will be used - that the software will reject later ones - but there is no necessary reason to be true.
11-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, we can either experiment, or else @Adam; can tell us what he is going to do.
I had been assuming that the first nominating image is the one that will be used - that the software will reject later ones - but there is no necessary reason to be true.
I think every member is free to nominate what ever lens they desire and also posting an image with the nomination is required, otherwise the nomination will be disallowed. If it were left up to the first image posted per nominated lens then later images could possibly be a better representation for that particular lens and that would affect the voting outcome.
11-30-2020, 11:13 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The current idea is to use all of the photos, but they will be an interactive voting system specially designed for this tournament.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2020, 02:13 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the clarification Adam.

Film images be ok as well?
(for image to be submitted for nominated lens).
12-01-2020, 02:21 AM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
Thanks for the clarification Adam.

Film images be ok as well?
(for image to be submitted for nominated lens).
Of course!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Will this be for the big, modern guns to battle it out? I'm just wondering ...
I had a similar first reaction, but more along the lines of, "okay, with the new D FA* primes available, I guess it makes sense to run them against the rest of the field".

It's also interesting that running it as a picture competition takes other considerations out of the equation, like compactness or ease of use.

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
No photos are available from the 2014 tournament anymore. Or were the competition never based on photos?
I vaguely remember that incarnation, and don't remember seeing pictures.
12-01-2020, 06:32 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Guys, let's not worry too much about the details, post processing, etc. This is a fun contest, no more!

Also, Adam is basing this on IQ alone. I know my vote would go for a lens I'd never wish to carry around because of its weight...