Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #316
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi,

So, the pairs keep popping up and up and up. And, I see repeats in there. I am now thinking that the over 8000 more to vote for means *me* voting over 4000 more times?

Stan

01-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wa2kqy Quote
Hi,So, the pairs keep popping up and up and up. And, I see repeats in there. I am now thinking that the over 8000 more to vote for means *me* voting over 4000 more times?Stan
The images will at some point repeat, but the combination of the images will change, so that in theory every images will be compared against every other available image (except from the same lens).

But you don't have to vote 8400 times. 100 or 200 votes should be enough to get a good result
02-15-2021, 12:01 PM   #318
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
With over 32,000 votes submitted so far, it looks like we're slowly starting to see a front runner- but it's a very close race! Be sure to submit your votes below:

Lens Tournament Finalist Voting - PentaxForums.com

Voting will continue through the end of February, at which point we'll announce the winning lens, runners-up, and kick off the giveaway.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-27-2021, 07:24 PM   #319
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
With over 32,000 votes submitted so far, it looks like we're slowly starting to see a front runner- but it's a very close race! Be sure to submit your votes below:

Lens Tournament Finalist Voting - PentaxForums.com

Voting will continue through the end of February, at which point we'll announce the winning lens, runners-up, and kick off the giveaway.
Using the usual "UTC" clock, we should be in to the last day in February.
Time to vote, or forever hold your peace.

03-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #320
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's clearly March by now everywhere, but voting is still open. Data crunching? Just curios, it's been a long tournament ...
03-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #321
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A 645 lens won. The image was spectacular and fully deserved the votes but it is a massive disappointment for anyone thinking of entering the comp (me) who doesn't own a 645 (most of us) as, according to the thread, you can't use it on FF or APSC without an expensive adapter
03-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #322
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
A 645 lens won. The image was spectacular and fully deserved the votes but it is a massive disappointment for anyone thinking of entering the comp (me) who doesn't own a 645 (most of us) as, according to the thread, you can't use it on FF or APSC without an expensive adapter
Has @Adam; reported the results anywhere???

03-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #323
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
You have not mistaken the post on the homepage about how the winning image of the January Photo Contest "Your Best of 2020" was created with this lens tournament, have you?
03-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #324
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Indeed, that post was about one of the monthly contest winners. This one hasn't been announced or closed yet.

Unrelated, but as for the 645 adapter, it should be fairly cheap because it's just a simple tube. No glass needed!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #325
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Indeed, that post was about one of the monthly contest winners. This one hasn't been announced or closed yet.

Unrelated, but as for the 645 adapter, it should be fairly cheap because it's just a simple tube. No glass needed!
Humble apologies, I am more bleary than normal today. I knew I had seen the image and voted for the one that came second, and Mr brain made a snap judgement (never a good thing). As for the adapter, I was working on the principle that official rarely equates to cheap 😁

---------- Post added 03-03-21 at 03:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
You have not mistaken the post on the homepage about how the winning image of the January Photo Contest "Your Best of 2020" was created with this lens tournament, have you?
Yup, sorry, I had an attack of the stupids
03-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #326
Pentaxian

You should end up seeing all of them, on average, after around 70 votes.
Every few days I vote for another ten pairs, but it will take me forever to cast all votes I am "entitled" to make.
Are you waiting until one of them 'breaks' away?

@Adam; please end this thing!!
I have plans to purchase a lens, but I won't do so until I know that it isn't the winner, or - if it is the winner - that you won't pay for it.

Last edited by reh321; 03-07-2021 at 05:15 PM.
03-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #327
Pentaxian

With over 32,000 votes submitted so far, it looks like we're slowly starting to see a front runner- but it's a very close race!
I'm curious which lens will be the best voted - 2014 it has been the FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
03-10-2021, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

End of February as in "together with the release of the K-3 III"?
03-13-2021, 08:33 PM - 4 Likes   #329
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Alright- the final tally has been made, and the winners will be announced in just a few hours! I think the result may be a little bit surprising to some, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm really happy with how this tournament turned out.

Adam

03-14-2021, 12:42 AM - 12 Likes   #330
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Announcement of the winners and 5 runners-up:

Full details will follow on the homepage in the coming days.

Adam