Use translate to see text in English, r other

The 2021 CP+ Will be an online only event

Last edited by mlt; 12-08-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Add info
12-08-2020, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Better than canceled!

Also, maybe then we might get more accessible content than usual, for the vast majority of us who won't be attending in person.
12-09-2020, 02:13 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Better than canceled!
Perhaps better than actually visiting in person, depending on your point of view. I'd happily pay to attend CP+ as an online event. In fact, I'm far more likely to do that than travel, stay in a hotel, walk around a huge exhibition etc., even if the pandemic weren't an on-going concern. It's a lot less costly and a lot less hassle overall.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea
12-09-2020, 03:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This gives an opportunity for many participants. Live is different but also costly and a little tiring.

12-09-2020, 03:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Perhaps better than actually visiting in person, depending on your point of view. I'd happily pay to attend CP+ as an online event. In fact, I'm far more likely to do that than travel, stay in a hotel, walk around a huge exhibition etc., even if the pandemic weren't an on-going concern. It's a lot less costly and a lot less hassle overall.
At a fair price and if it has English subtitles, I'd be willing to pay, too.
Although online doesn't compare with the experience of being there (I only visited Photokina, as it was the most accessible major show. The Kolsch is quite good).
12-09-2020, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Per
CP+2021???????????? - ????info

Use translate to see text in English, r other

The 2021 CP+ Will be an online only event
Press release in English:

https://www.cpplus.jp/download/en/2021_pr_201209e.pdf
12-09-2020, 04:18 AM - 1 Like   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
At a fair price and if it has English subtitles, I'd be willing to pay, too.
I forgot that aspect. Yes, subtitles would be essential for me...

Although online doesn't compare with the experience of being there (I only visited Photokina, as it was the most accessible major show. The Kolsch is quite good).
I've enjoyed well-organised events in the past, but the novelty of walking round a huge exhibition hall and competing with thousands of others to see what's at each stand has worn off for me in the last few years. The last one I went to - the Photography Show in Birmingham (UK) - was fun, but frustrating because of all the other people there. I barely got to look closely at any of the products I was curious about, because there was always someone else trying them, and a queue of several people waiting to do so. I'm a patient sort of chap (at least, more than I used to be ), but mine ran out on that occasion...

... and the beer was expensive, too

12-09-2020, 04:21 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

(...)

That's the main advantage of an online event: one can bring his/her own bottle(s).
12-09-2020, 04:43 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

I forgot that aspect. Yes, subtitles would be essential for me...
You could start learning Japanese...
I've enjoyed well-organised events in the past, but the novelty of walking round a huge exhibition hall and competing with thousands of others to see what's at each stand has worn off for me in the last few years. The last one I went to - the Photography Show in Birmingham (UK) - was fun, but frustrating because of all the other people there. I barely got to look closely at any of the products I was curious about, because there was always someone else trying them, and a queue of several people waiting to do so. I'm a patient sort of chap (at least, more than I used to be ), but mine ran out on that occasion...

I know what you mean, I was at the last Photokina edition and I found it relatively boring. True, it was quite a bit smaller, some of the interesting things from the past were missing, and they started shifting the focus towards drones and whatever.
But a friend - it was his first time at Photokina - was flabbergasted.

A beer next to the Rhine, with some friends - I saw that as one of the best attractions for the show.
12-09-2020, 05:36 AM   #10
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

A beer next to the Rhine, with some friends - I saw that as one of the best attractions for the show.
I could go for that. The in-house bar in Birmingham NEC's main hall isn't quite as attractive
12-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes. As long as we are overlooking the Rhein while in Rudescheim. Beautiful little spot to sit back and relax with a good brew.
12-09-2020, 05:54 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Yes. As long as we are overlooking the Rhein while in Rudescheim. Beautiful little spot to sit back and relax with a good brew.
Of course, one could easily find more beautiful places in Germany (along Rhein or not).
But Photokina was in Koln, and so was I

Actually last edition (and one or two editions before) I promised myself to never go just for Photokina again. I was to look for and visit some of those more beautiful places, with Photokina as a secondary objective.
12-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course, one could easily find more beautiful places in Germany (along Rhein or not).
But Photokina was in Koln, and so was I

Actually last edition (and one or two editions before) I promised myself to never go just for Photokina again. I was to look for and visit some of those more beautiful places, with Photokina as a secondary objective.
Been to Koln. The Kolner Dom is well worth a few hours of your time too. The visit to the basement levels was very interesting and worth the price. Have not been to Germany since 2005. Beautiful country.
12-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Been to Koln. The Kolner Dom is well worth a few hours of your time too. The visit to the basement levels was very interesting and worth the price. Have not been to Germany since 2005. Beautiful country.
Yeah, I've been inside - not to the basement levels though (somehow it was either crowded, or I had luggage).
Once I skipped visiting the Louvre because of the crowd, preferring to have a drink with a friend somewhere quieter. But I'm getting way off topic!
12-09-2020, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

Well, perfect marketing opportunity for the Theta system !