Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yeah, I've been inside - not to the basement levels though (somehow it was either crowded, or I had luggage).
Once I skipped visiting the Louvre because of the crowd, preferring to have a drink with a friend somewhere quieter. But I'm getting way off topic!
A colleague and I went to a big Oracle event in Atlanta one year (can't remember when exactly - maybe 2003 or '04). Rather than attend the night-time drinks parties hosted by various Oracle partners and vendors, we ended up visiting the long-since-closed "Coyote Ugly" bar in Buckhead... It was very loud and very rowdy, but the scenery was excellent

Back on topic, I wonder how these online events work... Is there still a physical exhibition with stands, video footage exploring them, or does each exhibitor provide online content remotely, with the organisers curating and scheduling as necessary?

12-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #17
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Though they don't say this in press release, they say on their web page as well as on twitter that registration will start on Jan/20.
CP+2021 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2021
Twitter
Attached Images

12-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Face-to-Face exhibits and meetings are special. I went to meetings on computers once, and in the middle a friend sat down next to me - a guy I had known in grad school but only saw occasionally since then.
They are expensive for all involved, though. In the meetings I mentioned, I was there only because my college paid my way, and my friend's employer paid his. It may be that we are reaching the end of their true utility, and they may be replaced with smaller exhibits, and lots over the Internet.

I do wonder if @Adam; will arrange to interview Pentax people this year. It does give us a view that we would otherwise not get.
12-09-2020, 06:36 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Given the decline in trade shows even before the Pandemic this is a pretty understandable move.

Last edited by bladerunner6; 12-10-2020 at 04:59 AM.
12-10-2020, 04:18 AM   #20
Pentaxian

You could start learning Japanese...
LOL, you may need a couple of years for that, so a goal for 2023 CP+? (Unless you're one of those that already know 20-30 languages, learning a new one is supposed to be routine by then )
12-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think a few of you could get great use out of this: ö Interesting that you chose to go with Koln over Cologne

Wasn't CP+ where (or better when) the K-3 III should be released? Good thing for Pentaxians that it hasn't been cancelled then...
12-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
I think a few of you could get great use out of this: ö Interesting that you chose to go with Koln over Cologne
Would the proper latinization of the German city be "Koeln", replacing umlauted "o" by "oe"?

Last edited by reh321; 12-16-2020 at 12:26 PM.
12-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
For me, it's more natural - and I often skip diacritics, even in Romanian, and even for my own name; no disrespect is meant. You see, "Cologne" is the perfume ("colonie" in Romanian) - but Koln is a German town
12-16-2020, 12:12 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Would the proper latinization of the German city be "Koeln", replacing umlauted "o" by "oe"[?
You could do that if you want to avoid having to use the Umlaut, this is what had to be done in older software that only supported ASCII or other equally limited character sets; äöü and ß are still causing me some trouble when searching for things at work But when you mention Latin, the Latin name for the city was "Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium", or short "Colonia", which is a famous name for the city today still, I think because of the carnival song "Viva Colonia" by "De Höhner"
12-17-2020, 04:46 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me, it's more natural - and I often skip diacritics, even in Romanian, and even for my own name; no disrespect is meant. You see, "Cologne" is the perfume ("colonie" in Romanian) - but Koln is a German town
In Spanish both Köln and Cologne are Colonia, so the joke tells itself
12-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good! No more complaints about the small size of the Ricoh/Pentax booth.
12-18-2020, 03:09 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cl1352 Quote
I think they had some quite nice stands at CP+.
12-18-2020, 03:45 PM - 4 Likes   #28
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cl1352 Quote
I think they had some quite nice stands at CP+.
I propose that 2022's CP+ be held within Minecraft. Manufacturers will be able to build booths to any size they wish, though of course they'll have to fight off mobs from the other brands. For us consumers, simply finding the booths will be an interesting challenge, and viewing the products on show whilst simultaneously battling enemies will be a new twist to keep us fully engaged from our armchairs...
12-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I propose that 2022's CP+ be held within Minecraft. Manufacturers will be able to build booths to any size they wish, though of course they'll have to fight off mobs from the other brands. For us consumers, simply finding the booths will be an interesting challenge, and viewing the products on show whilst simultaneously battling enemies will be a new twist to keep us fully engaged from our armchairs...
This isn't a bad idea at all, actually. Just make sure that nothing can blow up the exhibition halls...
12-18-2020, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #30
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
This isn't a bad idea at all, actually. Just make sure that nothing can blow up the exhibition halls...
And on the PS series of consoles, the Sony booth would be the size of Manhattan, while Nikon and Canon booths would be hidden in random dumpsters